Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
52 At school I don't have access to a nice fiction library, so I'm taking advantage while I'm home for the summer. Currently reading Warbreaker by Sanderson and enjoying it. Hopefully they have Mistborn the next time I go.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
53. That sound cool! I liked the "Ranger's Apprentice" series. It's a YA fiction set in medieval times in a fictional world that takes after our own. It's pretty cool.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
54 I've got them all. They're really good. Have you read the "Brotherband Chronicles" by the same author? It's set in the same world, but follows a young Skandian.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
55 I have a hard time finding diamonds.

Normally that is a bad thing, but this caused me to discover a trick to turn charcoal into diamonds.

I think its time to build a tree farm :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
56 I also originally wanted to use IC2 for that process, both to give that a go again and because it wasn't that much more expensive anyway.

Turns out there is a bug in the version that the modpack uses that makes forge hammers only able to make 1 plate per ingot. As the moment it gets damaged it doesn't work anymore to make plates.

I guess I'm not using IC2 after all...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
59. Naturally.

I gave blood on Friday, and the new place they're doing donations near me is nice - easy to find, decent parking, and clean, cool and uncramped. All in all a double thumbs up from me!

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
59 so....normally a tree farm produces more power than it needs, but the one I made for some does not.

I think I know why though, and I guess I either need to make it bigger or increase the wood buffer before the furnace.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
61 so.... I found away around the need for flint to create diamonds.

Now, I need to pick between iron blocks, bricks (that block) or obsidian.

I already made a sludge refiner, but that doesn't even get close to enough clay using just the sludge from the tree farm.

So... my options are, increase power production by a lot and make an even bigger farm just to get sludge.
Increase power production to make infinite lava for obsidian.
Or.... maybe something else I haven't thought of yet?

Its a shame as it is actually kind of fast already and that is with just a 3 by 3 tree farm and it also consuming charcoal.
For reference, a bucket of sludge has 14.81% to become a clay ball and 3.7% to become a clay block.

Anyone an idea?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
62 What do you need clay for?
61 in order to make diamonds from charcoal.
I'm currently at the compressed coal ball stage. The next step is to combine 8 of those with either obsidian, bricks (the block) or iron blocks.
After that its just one more compression step and I have a diamond.

So... my choice is to either get infinite lava for obsidian or to get something that makes clay so I can make bricks.

I think however that I'm going to make a big carrot farm. This will increase the amount of sludge I get and thus should give me more clay. The carrots can be used to create ethanol. This means that I will have a use for my saplings and also increase the amount of power I get from my farm.

Even if it doesn't end up producing enough sludge, it may allow me to both reduce the amount of charcoal needed to keep the farm running and go for infinite lava.

I guess I can also pump the nether for a bit, I believe I have access to ender tanks.