Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
59 You want to know why no one joined? Here are some reasons
  1. The templates, for as far as I know of your forum are inferior to the ones used by ftb. Not something you can do much about, it just so happens to be the case that not many people that write open-source things like to design stuff.
  2. No reason. Why would people join, for as far as I know your forum is targeting the same users as ftb but why would an ftb forum user switch to yours?
And then is there technically the fact that not much is going on and ignoring that even if people have problems with modded minecraft and know of your forum they probably rather make an account on the forum of their launcher as they can get help from people who have more likely played their pack then on yours. Due to the forum of that launcher is for modded minecraft+users of that launcher where yours is just for people that play modded minecraft.

There are probably other reasons as well but I think those are the main reasons.

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
59 You want to know why no one joined? Here are some reasons
  1. The templates, for as far as I know of your forum are inferior to the ones used by ftb. Not something you can do much about, it just so happens to be the case that not many people that write open-source things like to design stuff.
  2. No reason. Why would people join, for as far as I know your forum is targeting the same users as ftb but why would an ftb forum user switch to yours?
And then is there technically the fact that not much is going on and ignoring that even if people have problems with modded minecraft and know of your forum they probably rather make an account on the forum of their launcher as they can get help from people who have more likely played their pack then on yours. Due to the forum of that launcher is for modded minecraft+users of that launcher where yours is just for people that play modded minecraft.

There are probably other reasons as well but I think those are the main reasons.
I have not completely finished. Why do you think my newest PACK is going here.

*Sorry for getting mad

edit: 58 too mad too realise
EDIT2: I'm barely started on it.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
59 because I now feel like I have a slightly better understanding of general relativity than I did yesterday.

Very slightly.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
61 There was one point in the video I was watching where it showed a spacetime diagram of what happens when you fire two laser pulses, five seconds apart, from the ground at a detector on top of a tall building. You may fire the pulses five seconds apart, according to your watch, but a bit more time passes between when the pulses arrive at the detector, according to the clock up there. On the spacetime diagram, this is represented by a parallelogram where all the angles look like what they normally would on a parallelogram, but one of the sides is a bit longer than the opposite side.

My reaction on seeing that was "OMG negative curvature!" because that's exactly what happens when you draw a parallelogram on a surface with negative Gaussian curvature, such as a potato chip.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
64 meanwhile I am still wondering if there is a better way to simulate x amount of dice rolls rather then using a loop.
I know I could do something like mt_random({amount of dice},{amount of dice * dice sides}) but then every number has the same amount of chance where as with a dice I believe the chance is more in the middle as there are more ways to generate those numbers. For example to get the lowest possible number all dice need to roll 1 which is very unlikely when dealing with lets say 5 dice.

Then again, would it matter for the project?
(talking about the function decideOrder in this file https://github.com/lenscas/rp_tracker/blob/battle/application/models/Battle_model.php )

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
63 Hm, I'm sure there is an algorithm that would produce it, but as far as ease of implementation, the loop is probably the easiest, even if it isn't the most performant.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
64 I suggested using the loop when rolling up to, say, ten dice, then switching over to a Gaussian distribution and using that.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
65 because I feel like I should work on the thing or get some food and sleep but instead I am watching

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
68 because I learned about shift+ctrl+v
(It is a shortcut to paste stuff in the terminal from Mate as ctrl+v just as in every other terminal already does stuff.)
I am not sure if there is a way though to easily select stuff as pressing shift, even with ctrl and trying to use the cursors just end up writing down A C B D (up,right down left)