Getting buckets out of smeltery?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I want to get liquids out of the smeltery using a bucket. How I do that?

also, what mod is this from? (the section with the diamond armor)

JaSze2m.png

(no, I'm not a girl but I like playing as a girl on minecraft lololo)

Chubblezap

Jul 29, 2019
Place a bucket on a casting table, and pour it in. I don't think it works with basins, though. The second inventory is from Tinker's Construct.

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

Chubblezap

Jul 29, 2019
The block the faucet is attached to must be a Smeltery Drain, with the faucet placed on the small hole. That looks like regular brick to me.

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
oh!!! I get it! so thats why this block was for. thanks for the help!

by the way, do you know the names of the items I can use on that other section of my inventory?

Chubblezap

Jul 29, 2019
Most of that inventory is WIP, but the ones you can use are:
-Knapsack, gives you a second inventory
-Traveller's Gloves, which you can combine with redstone at a tool station to make you mine faster
-Traveller's Belt, which gives you a second hotbar to swap to
-Heart Containers, which increase max HP.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The block the faucet is attached to must be a Smeltery Drain, with the faucet placed on the small hole. That looks like regular brick to me.
You are mostly right, the block needs to be a drain but it doesn't need to be placed on the hole. So long as the block is a drain you can use a faucet on any of it's visible sides.
At least it was when I last tried it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Most of that inventory is WIP, but the ones you can use are:
-Knapsack, gives you a second inventory
-Traveller's Gloves, which you can combine with redstone at a tool station to make you mine faster
-Traveller's Belt, which gives you a second hotbar to swap to
-Heart Containers, which increase max HP.

Yeah... somehow that all needs to be merged with Baubles.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I actually have a related question. Is there anything like that Ladle from mariculture in tinker's construct that can remove tiny amounts of liquid (< a bucket)?

Sometimes you end up with half-an-ingot in the ingot cast due to the perils of math, and it might be nice to spoon it out.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I actually have a related question. Is there anything like that Ladle from mariculture in tinker's construct that can remove tiny amounts of liquid (< a bucket)?

Sometimes you end up with half-an-ingot in the ingot cast due to the perils of math, and it might be nice to spoon it out.

In Infinity and DW20 you can make a nugget cast for extra material. Your config files may vary :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In Infinity and DW20 you can make a nugget cast for extra material. Your config files may vary :D
Yeah, sadly that wouldn't work if the ingot cast is already half-filled.

I just find sometimes if you try to play with that smeltery pipe thing whose name escapes me, it doesn't distribute fluids particularly intelligently (nor should it, realistically), so a ladle of some sort would be extremely handy.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
If you already have material in a cast I think you can hook up one of the fluid pipe types instead of the seared brick faucet and pump the fluid back to the smeltery. I'll try to find the video (DW20) that shows this.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If you already have material in a cast I think you can hook up one of the fluid pipe types instead of the seared brick faucet and pump the fluid back to the smeltery. I'll try to find the video (DW20) that shows this.
Yep, that's the only was I know of too. Fluiducts work fine for this.

I was just curious if there was an actual tool, but its not a big deal.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah, sadly that wouldn't work if the ingot cast is already half-filled.

I just find sometimes if you try to play with that smeltery pipe thing whose name escapes me, it doesn't distribute fluids particularly intelligently (nor should it, realistically), so a ladle of some sort would be extremely handy.
Yeah forget about the casting channel(is that the name?) and instead export the metals out into Fluiducts. Then place the Faucets on the Fluiduct so you can tap it for each specific table/basin.

Made an example of it here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ide-collection-etc.42664/page-43#post-1243574
Also includes how to import excess metals back into the smeltery again.

And if you have problems with half filled tables/basins you could just have a row of Fluiducts under the tables/basins that pull the metal back into the fluiduct triggered by redstone signal .

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah forget about the casting channel(is that the name?) and instead export the metals out into Fluiducts. Then place the Faucets on the Fluiduct so you can tap it for each specific table/basin.

Made an example of it here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ide-collection-etc.42664/page-43#post-1243574
Also includes how to import excess metals back into the smeltery again.

And if you have problems with half filled tables/basins you could just have a row of Fluiducts under the tables/basins that pull the metal back into the fluiduct triggered by redstone signal .
I've never actually tried putting faucets onto fluiducts, that's interesting.

I have buttons to pull liquids back into the smeltery if needed, but faucets on fluiducts is new.

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
I always got an idea watching a video, can I make a house with a multifloor smeltery? like it can be acessed from multiple floors. Cause you know on real life it wouldn't make sense anyway lol

like:

I--------I
I--------I
I-O-----I
I--------I
I--------I
I-O-----I

Like I--------I being the smeltery floors and O the smeltery drain

btw nice screenshoot

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, I always check out rhn's thread when I want to hate myself for a while.

@rhn do you accept commissions for US$? I need someone to build a big starship for me. Like, really big :p

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
@rhn do you accept commissions for US$? I need someone to build a big starship for me. Like, really big :p
Tried that. It is a royal PITA due to there being no landscape or anything to build in. You have to build EVERYTHING yourself from the ground up.
Having a bit of a break atm. from Minecraft. Though I cannot stay away completely :p

I always got an idea watching a video, can I make a house with a multifloor smeltery? like it can be acessed from multiple floors. Cause you know on real life it wouldn't make sense anyway lol

like:

I--------I
I--------I
I-O-----I
I--------I
I--------I
I-O-----I

Like I--------I being the smeltery floors and O the smeltery drain

btw nice screenshoot
If you use the Fluiduct setup I posted in my thread(or something like it), you could just have its ducts run hidden in a wall or something to all the floors you need it to. Problem lies in that you need to access the Smeltery Control block however which there can only be one of. So for convenience you probably want to keep it in the same place.