Geostrata baffling me.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I don't know if I dreamed this or if this ever was a configuration for geostrata, but was it possible if you mined the geostrata stones with a normal pickaxe, it'd drop normal cobblestone, but if you used a silk touch pickaxe, it'd drop the geostrata stone? or was that with another mod...
Not GeoStrata.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I don't like the GeoStrata rocks is becuase they're not microblock/multipart compatible.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to use it. Self balance is very okay...
For me that is true. My pack isn't just for me. I run a server with friends and acquaintances and eventually I may want to make the pack public. Balance is very important. And with how Chisel works I can't even use MineTweaker to remove that recipe.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
For me that is true. My pack isn't just for me. I run a server with friends and acquaintances and eventually I may want to make the pack public. Balance is very important. And with how Chisel works I can't even use MineTweaker to remove that recipe.
The next thing to do is to contact automatic maiden the mod developer. He/she will almost definitely help you

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Nor are there fancy versions for building. Just cobble and normal versions isn't quite enough for me to add.
I can do that, and would kind of enjoy doing so, but it means more block IDs. Is this acceptable?

The reason I don't like the GeoStrata rocks is becuase they're not microblock/multipart compatible.
I would like to add that, but the only thing I found would require me to learn 2 languages and hardcode everything.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
More block IDs is all sorts of acceptable. I don't mind extra block IDs for aesthetics. Plus 1.7 is around the corner, and IDs don't matter in those waters.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
More block IDs is all sorts of acceptable. I don't mind extra block IDs for aesthetics. Plus 1.7 is around the corner, and IDs don't matter in those waters.
Then I will add some variants. I will do some tiled, circular variants, and some engravings. Any others?

Can't you just do that with meta data?
No. The rock types are already distinguished with metadata.