Geostrata baffling me.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh yeah, if you get 9 of those crystals together they kind of sound like they are makeing sinister songs. Sounds a tad creepy.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
One poster thought it was chisel...
Because until recently, chisel was the only mod that added this sort of thing. Plus, if what mod it was mattered to how people liked the textures, well...the problems with that should be obvious.

And I think both of us might be suffering from perception bias becasue 95% of the admittedly few people I've seen on servers didn't like geostrata...
As I have shown, and the post above me corroborates, this is a personal opinion. Which is fine and obviously there are going to be people who dislike GeoStrata rock, but I must admit it rather irritates me to have such opinions touted as fact.
Case in point:
My opinion is that ThaumCraft is too unintuitive and unforgiving of mistakes, Twilight Forest loot is useless, TE3 is static and boring and BoP looks like either someone smeared the world in mud ("everything is brown!") or it was designed by an 8-year-old tripping on LSD ("giant wasps, with green sky, and purple water" or "10-meter flowers").
But those are my opinions, and I can assure you I would become one of the most hated people on the forums if I went and acted like they were facts.

That might be the crux of my issue, if a useless block is clogging up my inventory (including expanded ones) it better be the best looking block ever, like unreasonably good. Maybe if I didn't have to make a trip back to my base every min to dump cobble I'd be more fair to Geostrata.
That is probably true, though there is little I can do to mitigate this.

Reactions: FrankieTheSnake