[Game Thread] Trouble in terrorist town

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I gotta agree, RJS is being too shifty right now. I'll do my vote later tonight once more convoy comes up.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.

I can tell you part of it. He tunneled me. In mafia nomenclature, he heaped praise and glory upon me, before discussing how we should go about handling the bigd/profrags situation. I checked a couple of his former games, and he only did that as a wolf in the games I checked.

He also suggested keeping the vote on bigd just to "reduce chaos" which isn't particularly townie to me.

Wait, so saying "I've never really seen these two play, what do you make of this because you have?" is heaping praise on you? Man, you have a really low entry barrier for praise if that's the case.

And if you want to selectively quote, the context of "reduce chaos" was that the whole bigd/profrags furore was creating a distraction and potentially allowing wolves to lie low. Given that you yourself stated that you couldn't be sure that either of them were innocent, and on the basis of earlier dubious goings on, I took the view that:

a. Both bigd and profrags looked wolfier than many other players.
b. Separate to that, the debate over their actions, if both survived, could spill over into the following, dominate the discussion for a second day and give all the other wolves an easy ride.
c. Just like Robijn, I thought that the chance of the lynch being turned around at that stage of the day was minimal.

So yeah. I kept my vote on bigd for those three reasons. Apparently that makes me totally evil because Pyure likes to selectively quote and big up factual comments as me crowning him "Supreme Lord of Werewolf Skillz". Anything you'd care to say in rebuttal of any of my points?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Wait, so saying "I've never really seen these two play, what do you make of this because you have?" is heaping praise on you? Man, you have a really low entry barrier for praise if that's the case.

And if you want to selectively quote, the context of "reduce chaos" was that the whole bigd/profrags furore was creating a distraction and potentially allowing wolves to lie low. Given that you yourself stated that you couldn't be sure that either of them were innocent, and on the basis of earlier dubious goings on, I took the view that:

a. Both bigd and profrags looked wolfier than many other players.
b. Separate to that, the debate over their actions, if both survived, could spill over into the following, dominate the discussion for a second day and give all the other wolves an easy ride.
c. Just like Robijn, I thought that the chance of the lynch being turned around at that stage of the day was minimal.

So yeah. I kept my vote on bigd for those three reasons. Apparently that makes me totally evil because Pyure likes to selectively quote and big up factual comments as me crowning him "Supreme Lord of Werewolf Skillz". Anything you'd care to say in rebuttal of any of my points?
Nope its all plausible. I just think its bullshit.

I should also mention its strongly in your character to prioritize the_J for wolfkill :)

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Nope its all plausible. I just think its bullshit.

I should also mention its strongly in your character to prioritize the_J for wolfkill :)
I sincerely hope you have some evidence to back that character claim up since I don't recall a game in which I was a wolf and pushed for a wolfkill on J N1.

But by all means, feel free to demonstrate objectively why my claims are less trustworthy than yours, because thinking my reasoning is bullshit is some seriously weak accusation here, and I'd appreciate it if you could put some effort into your wagon. kthnx.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
For now I will antismite Pyure. I don't believe anyone else to vote for him today, so that should be safe.

Right now I don't have a lot to add to the discussion (and not a lot of time) and I haven't made up my mind on who looks the wolfiest to me (although RJS strikes me as the most obvious suspect atm).

Going to bed now, work tomorrow (I can read up in my breaks) and will hopefully be back to devote 100% of my time to this game 2 hours before day's end.
Good night!

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
And by the way, should all of my above reasoning fail to convince you, I can prove my role for sure tonight. No doubt attached to it. I just need the night.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I sincerely hope you have some evidence to back that character claim up since I don't recall a game in which I was a wolf and pushed for a wolfkill on J N1.

But by all means, feel free to demonstrate objectively why my claims are less trustworthy than yours, because thinking my reasoning is bullshit is some seriously weak accusation here, and I'd appreciate it if you could put some effort into your wagon. kthnx.
Nope I'm good. I'm of the opinion that peeps can trust me or not.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nope. I'm guessing your're a villager trying to save the arsonist but that's a bad play.
Why

Slightly related:
Another player has also claimed arsonist, that they protected me last night, and that they didn't receive any notifications.

Not naming names at this time.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. I'm guessing your're a villager trying to save the arsonist but that's a bad play.
I'd like to ask for clarification on this one. Are you denying Nojr's arsonist claim, or saying that you weren't notified of a protection at all?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I'd like to ask for clarification on this one. Are you denying Nojr's arsonist claim, or saying that you weren't notified of a protection at all?
Both.
Why

Slightly related:
Another player has also claimed arsonist, that they protected me last night, and that they didn't receive any notifications.

Not naming names at this time.
I doubt a traitor would be dumb enough to claim arsonist when it would be obvious to the person that they claimed to protect that they hadn't, whereas a townie might be just trying to make themselves useful by claiming it to cover the real one a bit. Not a great play but understandable.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
@the_j485, did you miss this one?
Quick rule clarification:

The target of an arsonist is not informed of the identity of his savior or killer. He is only informed that he was saved.

Edit: I guess I misread something.

In my case, those would probably be a basic Traitor and a Terrorist, an Arsonist or Terrorist and a PI or Detective?
In your case those would probably be a GIGN officer and the same terrorists.
  • The extra Detective role has been confirmed by Erin.
  • The extra Arsonist is very possible and even more likely if we believe Pyure (and his source).
  • Then there would probably be an extra Terrorist.
  • And an extra GIGN or an extra basic Traitor.
I should really get some sleep...

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I guarantee you that Town Pyure does not vote bigdbigd yesterday. It was a silly move and he knows it.

I'm still catching up btw, only on page 6 but I did see that he got lynched and flipped terrorist.

Vote Pyure