[GAME THREAD] MoonWolf

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
First episode. Ended weirdly...abruptly in the middle of a fight with a bald dude who's transmuting with a philosopher's stone and thus able to violate one of the precepts (conservation of equivalent mass or some such)

I'll prolly watch another episode at some point. Hard to watch when you have to read subtitles instead of, you know, watching the show.
Then watched the dubbed version.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
First episode. Ended weirdly...abruptly in the middle of a fight with a bald dude who's transmuting with a philosopher's stone and thus able to violate one of the precepts (conservation of equivalent mass or some such)

I'll prolly watch another episode at some point. Hard to watch when you have to read subtitles instead of, you know, watching the show.
I think that someone replied to this anyway, the Philosopher's Stone respect the Law of Equivakent Exchange because *spoilers*

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, remember: If you love your town, don't vote for Nobody. It gives the wolves a free kill, so it's like just giving them full control of the lynch.
Shazam, I feel like this "I'm obviously pro-village" comment is a bit too out-of-the-blue and, well, obvious. Its like "Don't forget guys, we want to kill wolves/zombies/whatever, so lets try really hard!"

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It means Shazam may be going out of his way to paint himself as a villager.

There aren't many reasons for a villager to do this, but there are plenty of reasons for a wolf to do it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

When you use subtitles a lot like I do, like for everything including english shows and even dubbed anime, you get used to reading the subs. Also, netflix has the english dub available. Just go to the caption window thing and select english audio.

As far as sub/dub goes, dubbed anime can veer off from the original subbed version, like you see with one piece's dub by 4kids. or sometimes the dub voice actors are just plain bad. Some also don't make a new animation for the new dub (as japanese and english are very different languages) which looks sloppy and bad.

But generally who the frak cares it's the same frakking thing just one is written and one is frakking spoken for fraks sake. For someone who doesn't know japanese it's essentially the same thing. But I can give you assurance that the FMA dub is very, very good. For both series.

Reactions: Pyure

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
When you use subtitles a lot like I do, like for everything including english shows and even dubbed anime, you get used to reading the subs. Also, netflix has the english dub available. Just go to the caption window thing and select english audio.

As far as sub/dub goes, dubbed anime can veer off from the original subbed version, like you see with one piece's dub by 4kids. or sometimes the dub voice actors are just plain bad. Some also don't make a new animation for the new dub (as japanese and english are very different languages) which looks sloppy and bad.

But generally who the frak cares it's the same frakking thing just one is written and one is frakking spoken for fraks sake. For someone who doesn't know japanese it's essentially the same thing. But I can give you assurance that the FMA dub is very, very good. For both series.
The reason I usually prefer dubbed is because I can miss so much from looking away for a moment. I often do something else at the same time like Binding of Isaac during scenes with mostly dialogue, so I am often looking away, but I can't do that with subbed.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Nop-notch off-topic feedback dude, thx :)

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Just because I have to stick with my original theme I have to vote Pyure. ahhhhh... it's good to be back! :D

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Shazam, I feel like this "I'm obviously pro-village" comment is a bit too out-of-the-blue and, well, obvious. Its like "Don't forget guys, we want to kill wolves/zombies/whatever, so lets try really hard!"
It was intentionally over the top. I was going to follow it with a political joke, but politics got shot down hard last time and a good chunk of you aren't American. :p

*quotes own post about nobody votes*

Wow, that came out a lot more politician-y than I meant it to.

Really, though, let's dispel with this fiction that nobody voters don't know what they're doing. Nobody voters know exactly what they're doing. Repeat 3x.

It wasn't worth repeating.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
PSA: I've claraified a few roles slightly. Havengul Runebinder and Liliana may only reanimate people who died on previous nights, in the interest of preventing D2 proven villager shenanigans like last game. Also, Midvast Protector will not guard against the lynch, because when somebody is lynched, what attacker should be killed?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
PSA: I've claraified a few roles slightly. Havengul Runebinder and Liliana may only reanimate people who died on previous nights, in the interest of preventing D2 proven villager shenanigans like last game. Also, Midvast Protector will not guard against the lynch, because when somebody is lynched, what attacker should be killed?
Though technically I'd say the midvast is either a roleblocking role or an other non-killing. Which would prevent him from protecting from the lynch anyways.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Though technically I'd say the midvast is either a roleblocking role or an other non-killing. Which would prevent him from protecting from the lynch anyways.
If anything, Midvast would be an "Other Killing Role". However, due to the bodyguard flavor, I'll actually have it trigger the moment that Midvast's target is attacked. This would, theoretically, allow Midvast to cancel the lynch, which I just don't like.

This should teach me to not explicitly list out all the roles in the OoP.