• bigdbigd03
  • Image.ashx
    Image.ashx

• RealKC
  • Image.ashx
    Image.ashx

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap, I can't not die D1 people. At least Grenade finally knows the crap (Like a conformed wolf that is actually town :mad:)!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
My thoughts:
  • This game wants more people than it had. Liliana wants the game to go long so she can raise a horde, having only one vampire is kind of boring as (if they know they're alone) they can drink two quarts of blood each night without fear of accidentally killing anyone, etc.
  • I probably should've notified Pyure that he'd lost his extra life on N1. Didn't end up mattering, but eeh.
  • I think the game was balanced fairly well this time around- not as badly townsided as the last run. Sure, the town won by a pretty wide margin, but then again, they hit one of the two extra-life roles on night 1 and didn't submit any actions at all on night 2 and the seer and medium found each other pretty early on. Also, the solo vampire blew himself up on night 1 as well... had the random events played out differently, the non-town roles would have done much better. In addition, had there been more people, the most powerful roles (Liliana, Thalia, seer, medium, etc.) would have made up a smaller fraction of the players, and so the events involving them would have not been as likely to happen.
  • In the dead convo:
  • I'm gonna die of laughter if Pyure turns wolf or neutral... Maybe even zombie
  • I like how Liliana actively reanimating peeps interacted with the dead peeps being able to do stuff. She could only reanimate Humans, removing them from the dead convo in the process and thereby giving the wolves and vampires a larger share of the votes. Once again, I feel like more players would improve this interaction- in a game with three or more wolves, there could be two dead wolves and only one villager in the dead convo, so the wolves would actually have the majority vote there.
  • I'd have liked it if the vampires and the Havengul Runebinder had lasted a bit longer. I was curious to see how well my updates to those would have worked.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My thoughts:
  • This game wants more people than it had. Liliana wants the game to go long so she can raise a horde, having only one vampire is kind of boring as (if they know they're alone) they can drink two quarts of blood each night without fear of accidentally killing anyone, etc.
  • I probably should've notified Pyure that he'd lost his extra life on N1. Didn't end up mattering, but eeh.
  • I think the game was balanced fairly well this time around- not as badly townsided as the last run. Sure, the town won by a pretty wide margin, but then again, they hit one of the two extra-life roles on night 1 and didn't submit any actions at all on night 2 and the seer and medium found each other pretty early on. Also, the solo vampire blew himself up on night 1 as well... had the random events played out differently, the non-town roles would have done much better. In addition, had there been more people, the most powerful roles (Liliana, Thalia, seer, medium, etc.) would have made up a smaller fraction of the players, and so the events involving them would have not been as likely to happen.
  • In the dead convo:
  • I like how Liliana actively reanimating peeps interacted with the dead peeps being able to do stuff. She could only reanimate Humans, removing them from the dead convo in the process and thereby giving the wolves and vampires a larger share of the votes. Once again, I feel like more players would improve this interaction- in a game with three or more wolves, there could be two dead wolves and only one villager in the dead convo, so the wolves would actually have the majority vote there.
  • I'd have liked it if the vampires and the Havengul Runebinder had lasted a bit longer. I was curious to see how well my updates to those would have worked.
Agreed on all points. I think you addressed the outstanding balance issues from the last run w/o going too far overboard.

Won't know for sure unless you run it again sometime ;)

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
My thoughts:
  • 1. Having only one vampire is kind of boring as (if they know they're alone) they can drink two quarts of blood each night without fear of accidentally killing anyone.
  • 2. I probably should've notified Pyure that he'd lost his extra life on N1. Didn't end up mattering, but eeh.
  • 3. Wolves didn't submit any actions at all on night 2.
  • 4. The seer and medium found each other pretty early on.
  • 5. In a game with three or more wolves, there could be two dead wolves and only one villager in the dead convo, so the wolves would actually have the majority vote there.

1. And he did know, sort of. Shaz and I already theorized that there shouldn't be more than one vampire in a game with so little people.
2. It's funny that, if no-one would have lost a life, it would only have supported my lie of being the role-blocker.
3. This made me know for fairly certain that there actually was a role-blocker in play, because at D3, I heard that Letho Thalia still had both of his lives.
4. Except I did not tell the medium that I were the seer. That only became apparent when I died.
5. I actually think that the wolves dominating the dead convo would be very OP for them, especially since they could easily get the other wolves to kill the medium by delivering one message and the villagers in the convo might be severely limited in the things they could share there if there were at least one wolf in the convo.

I have one question about the rules: Was I allowed to talk to the dead in a private convo, without them talking back? In that case, I could have asked RealKC to deliver a message to Victini to deliver back to me to positively establish Victini's role as the medium. Actually, I could just have shared my role with any dead townie. (At the risk of them becoming zombies later and using that information against me, of course.)

Helping the town was nice ^-^ Too bad I lost.
Kudos to this guy. :D

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
1. And he did know, sort of. Shaz and I already theorized that there shouldn't be more than one vampire in a game with so little people.
2. It's funny that, if no-one would have lost a life, it would only have supported my lie of being the role-blocker.
3. This made me know for fairly certain that there actually was a role-blocker in play, because at D3, I heard that Letho Thalia still had both of his lives.
4. Except I did not tell the medium that I were the seer. That only became apparent when I died.
5. I actually think that the wolves dominating the dead convo would be very OP for them, especially since they could easily get the other wolves to kill the medium by delivering one message and the villagers in the convo might be severely limited in the things they could share there if there were at least one wolf in the convo.

I have one question about the rules: Was I allowed to talk to the dead in a private convo, without them talking back? In that case, I could have asked RealKC to deliver a message to Victini to deliver back to me to positively establish Victini's role as the medium. Actually, I could just have shared my role with any dead townie. (At the risk of them becoming zombies later and using that information against me, of course.)

Kudos to this guy. :D
You represent 99% percent of my alerts.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Overpowered, perhaps, but it's certainly an interesting interaction that I'd be curious to see how it would play out.

I'm going to say no, if only because that sounds insanely overpowered in a game in which the dead can turn around and affect the living. I had a rule in my earlier games to that effect, but I evidently didn't copy it over to the one for this game because nobody ever does that kind of stuff anyway.

In a game with no reviver, no medium, and no spirit actions, one-way messages to the dead would not directly cause any harm... but I probably wouldn't allow living -> dead PMs anyway, if only because I'd have no way to ensure that the dead player could not respond. If you said "Hey, tell the dead convo <message>" in your role convo in such a game, though, I see no reason why I wouldn't do it.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Shaz did message me after I was dead and I did react to it. :)

I mean, because of that I posted a message in the dead convo that I otherwise wouldn't have.