[Game Thread] MoonWolf 2

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
This is typically a wolf tell. Its easy to randomly gamble that someone will flip town, all else being equal. If you think he's town, why are you voting him? Its like you're trying to distance yourself from someone you want to lynch.

Robijn was a town lean for me earlier. He's now my next wolf vote.
Pretty sure Pyure was on to something here...

Vote Robijnvogel.

Also another tell that occasionally happens is that the wolves probably know a lot more about what happened last night and therefore feel its safer to say what they think happened last night to make themselves look better. Town also may theorise what happens, but it is a very safe play for wolves all the time.
@016Nojr
You do not antismite at the start of day... even if you are busy.
Doesn't mean I have a strong wolf-read on you though, but please explain yourself a little bit.

Oh and reading SE's description of events, I'd say that the Avacynian Priest should know who one of the wolves is?
One particular instance that caught my attention was the Avacynian Priest part. Feels like that he's sure that the wolves were blocked and that the wolf kill was not caused by other means. Given that he hasn't actually put anything forth about who he blocked, I doubt he is the avacynian priest either.

Reactions: Robijnvogel

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to add, Robin has been pretty pushy the whole game. Particularly this post:
I asked first 11 hours ago.
Typically, one does not sleep that long.
vote Shaz
Where he just voted Shaz for what, not answering his question about what roles might be in the game? I feel like that's taking it way too far. I still don't see how that makes him a wolf. Plus, as I've said people aren't awake 24/7. Seriously Robin is just going against logic today.

Vote Robin

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Pretty sure Pyure was on to something here...

Vote Robijnvogel.

Also another tell that occasionally happens is that the wolves probably know a lot more about what happened last night and therefore feel its safer to say what they think happened last night to make themselves look better. Town also may theorise what happens, but it is a very safe play for wolves all the time.

One particular instance that caught my attention was the Avacynian Priest part. Feels like that he's sure that the wolves were blocked and that the wolf kill was not caused by other means. Given that he hasn't actually put anything forth about who he blocked, I doubt he is the avacynian priest either.

It's funny that I wrote this last night before I went to bed, but I was hesitant back then to post it: "Considering that life is short and this day only has 22 hours left, I probably should tell you that, as Avacynian priest, I roleblocked Erin last night."

So...on another note:
I'm actually surprised that Pyure hasn't accused me yet. It's unlike him. XD

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I would like to add, Robin has been pretty pushy the whole game. Particularly this post:

Where he just voted Shaz for what, not answering his question about what roles might be in the game? I feel like that's taking it way too far. I still don't see how that makes him a wolf. Plus, as I've said people aren't awake 24/7. Seriously Robin is just going against logic today.

Vote Robin
I announced that I would be doing that 2 hours before I actually did.
If that's wolfy, shoot me. It's a bad idea though. I promise.

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Well the rolesheet doesn't explicitly state that you can block the wolfkill, so the roleblock might only work on individual abilities.
Which means Erin isn't confirmed wolf.

In fact, can we get confirmation from @Someone Else 37 can the wolfkill be roleblocked?

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'm going to sleep now, so this is the last you'll see of me for today. I'm just going to go back to voting Leth mostly due to the fact that Robin is cleared and I somewhat doubt the wolfkill can be roleblocked.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
It's funny that I wrote this last night before I went to bed, but I was hesitant back then to post it: "Considering that life is short and this day only has 22 hours left, I probably should tell you that, as Avacynian priest, I roleblocked Erin last night."

So...on another note:

That's funny...I didn't do anything last night.

Vote Robin that was an extremely wolfy thing to do.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

So...on another note:
<< Birthday today. Sister visiting from out of country. Not fully engaged :)

I agree with everything everyone's said above. Vike and Victini leaned hard on Robijn. Note that although all the things they said made sense, they both swerved once he made a town-ish case.

I actually don't like the amount of synchronicity I'm seeing there. FOS on them both. That said, vote Nojr because the last few games have featured coasting wolves.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think they've been poked at hard enough to respond well enough for your tastes, @Pyure. So I'm finding the Njor vote to be an odd choice. Doesn't make you a wolf, and I do find your analysis worthy of thought. So, beyond coasting, do you have anything that points to him stuffed full of fur?

(I can wait.)

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't think they've been poked at hard enough to respond well enough for your tastes, @Pyure. So I'm finding the Njor vote to be an odd choice. Doesn't make you a wolf, and I do find your analysis worthy of thought. So, beyond coasting, do you have anything that points to him stuffed full of fur?

(I can wait.)

No.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
There's eight people left. There's 2 fitting scenarios for as far as I'm concerned:
1. 3 wolves and 5 town.
-If we kill a townie tonight we will be at 3 against 3*, which will probably result in the wolves winning after N3 (Even with help of the Slayer.)
-If we kill a wolf tonight, we will be at 2 against 4*, still at a disadvantage, but this way, the game might last until N4
2. 2 wolves, Liliana and 5 town.
-If Liliana doesn't get killed tonight (N2), she could order in her zombie horde on N3 to attack as a three-headed team on N4
--If 2 people die tonight and 2 people die tomorrow night*, only three people would be left on N4 besides Liliana
--Since everyone would be dead besides Liliana, Town would have won the game (all wolves are dead), however Liliana would have lost the game.
--Ergo, Liliana is not a threat to town, however she is very powerful.

What I am saying is that, after today, this game will probably not last four more nights.

The following is just a thought: (Thalia should decide for themselves whether or not to use this idea)
If Thalia is in the game, she should sunder the hell gate tonight, since the nasty effects of the hell gate will not be relevant, because the game will have ended by then. The actual reason for this would be to persuade Liliana to use her powers to kill all players (or all wolves) in the game.
N2 Liliana gets a zombie. Hellgate kills the one zombie Liliana has. N3 -> Liliana gets a zombie and orders attack. N4 -> Liliana gets a zombie. Both zombies attack. Left over wolves, can turn humans into wolves.**
Liliana should survive for this to work though... (And I would urge them not to use their power tonight, just in case.)

*Assuming I am not that lucky again tonight.
**That is the risk, but there will probably be only one wolf left at most AND his target may be dead.

@erindalc , if you weren't doing anything last night, then who was?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I... actually don't think that would be the case. Thalia would have to take a gamble on when to cleanse the town, because of human nature. N3 is the earliest she could risk doing so, but it leaves the town wide open for a wolf win.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Gotcha. Vote Erin for emergency shaving.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Well the rolesheet doesn't explicitly state that you can block the wolfkill, so the roleblock might only work on individual abilities.
Which means Erin isn't confirmed wolf.

In fact, can we get confirmation from @Someone Else 37 can the wolfkill be roleblocked?
I've updated the rolesheet to answer this question.

Also, FYI, asking rules questions on the game thread like this could be considered angleshooting. I'm no expert, by far, but I got yelled at about it on MU once, so... better to ask rules questions in your role convo.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Erin

This... Seems safe? No one's disputed Rob's claim yet, Erin didn't claim a role in his (brief) defense, and we've got Rob to fall back on if Erin flips town.

@erindalc! If you're not a wolf, what's your role?

Everyone else: If you're an Avacynian Priest and your name isn't Robijn, speak up.