[Game Thread] MoonWolf 2

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
If you are alive, your role is uncertain. Metaphorically, your card is turned face-down.

"Flipping town" is when you die and the GM metaphorically flips your card by telling everyone that you were town.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Day 1 is over! Night 1 begins!

Please do not post on the game thread or in convos (including your role convos) until I post the recap. Expect it to take around an hour.

The official End-of-Day time has been moved to 5:00 PM EDT, two hours later than that posted in the OP, for the remainder of the game.

Day 2 will end in slightly under 24 hours.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The people of Thraben were quite unsettled today by the reports from other areas of Innistrad, combined with the sudden and unexpected howling in the night last night. They quickly picked up their torches and pitchforks, singled out bigdbigd03, a sketchy-looking character that somebody had seen rooting around in the graveyard, and led him straight to the gallows. Later investigation of his workshop revealed a bunch of metal discs with weird runes engraved in them and an unusually large stockpile of what appeared to be partially-disassembled human corpses, but no trace of fur. A necromancer, maybe, but not a werewolf.

Not long after sunset, just after the half-moon rose above the horizon, a great deal of commotion was heard in one of the houses. Startled cathars rushed to the scene, but by the time they got there, RealKC and profrags were already dead. Real's collar of Avacyn was evidently not enough to protect him from profrags' vampiric fangs.

Later that night, a piercing howl was heard coming from somewhere inside Thraben proper, followed by a series of confused barks and pained yips. Nobody was quite sure exactly where those sounds came from, but nobody turned up dead the next day, so I guess that's a success?

• Bigdbigd03 was lynched! He was a Havengul Runebinder!
  • Image.ashx

• RealKC died protecting somebody! He was a Midvast Protector!
  • Image.ashx

• profrags was slain by a Midvast Protector! He was a Fiend of the Shadows!
  • Image.ashx
As a reminder, ghosting in this game is strictly prohibited. You three have other ways of contacting the living.

The Moon sets, the Sun rises, and Day 2 begins!

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
That could have turned out... better.

It seems like the wolves did not (manage to) kill anybody.
They either didn't (manage to) come to a vote result, or the wolf that was carrying out the kill was blocked by the (roleblocker) Avacynian Priest.
If there's another possibility, please let me know.

Shaz, what roles do you think SE left out now?
I'd think the Elder Cathar, two wolves (Daybreak ranger and Reckless Waif?) and another villager (Not the mad prophet though, SE pretty much gave away that that one's in the game).

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
@016Nojr
You do not antismite at the start of day... even if you are busy.
Doesn't mean I have a strong wolf-read on you though, but please explain yourself a little bit.

Oh and reading SE's description of events, I'd say that the Avacynian Priest should know who one of the wolves is?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Shazam, forget what I said about the mad prophet. The dead have their spirit powers to contact the living.

And it just occurred to me that this game may not be big enough for Thalia and Liliana to actually be interesting, so we may be dealing with three wolves after all.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
And it just occurred to me that this game may not be big enough for Thalia and Liliana to actually be interesting, so we may be dealing with three wolves after all.
Please note that Thalia has the choice of invoking the infectious werewolf rule via some undead cleansing. It's more of hinging on timing and how many gets killed versus turned.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My understanding is that RealKC protected himself last night. Vampire targeted him and RealKC suicide bombed him. Does this seem reasonable to everyone else?
Due to order of operations, I don't think wolves targeted RealKC. I'm guessing they targeted either Thalia or Liliana, both of whom get an extra life.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm of the thought that both went after KC.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Real would have committed suicide and protected anyone he targeted, right, so there's no reason to assume he's targeted himself.

and like I said, I'm not sure the zombie roles are relevant this game. They only become interesting N3 or so. The zombies have no way of knowing who is town and who isn't, so they might as well kill the last wolves for us. Thus, there's no real reason to sunder the gate. extra lives would be an explanation for no night kill I guess, but I'm still not convinced those two roles are in the game.

Shazam, however I explicitly asked for his feedback, hasn't answered whether or not he thinks three wolves are a possibility. If there are three, I recon he's one of them?
Just answer me already, man!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm of the thought that both went after KC.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk
Like I said: order of operations. If wolves had targeted KC, we would have seen a wolf-bodyguard death instead of a fiend-bodyguard death. Wolves happen before fiend.

The fiend thing was probably a total fluke. The way its worded ("all potential harm"), fiend was probably just trying to drink some blood and splutted.

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Lethosos
Just placing an early vote , but anyways, he acted pretty weird yesterday with the voting thingy. Seems like he doesn't have any reads on anybody. I mean, seriously, there's been a whole day of activity, and you still don't at least have a gut read of someone being wolf? I don't believe that.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
My next break from work is in about 2 hours. If Shaz hasn't answered me by then, I'm gonna assume he's a wolf.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I asked first 11 hours ago.
Typically, one does not sleep that long.
vote Shaz
I didn't check the thread before I went to bed last night. Apologies, O glorious sleepmaster. :p

Three wolves are a possibility, but I'm skeptical. I don't want to believe that SE would set up a game that could end in two days. If I were GM I'd probably leave out Daybreak, Waif, Markov's, and a town role (Avacynian also looks semi-expendable).

Reactions: profrags