Future of Mods With 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Are 1.5 And The New Mods Good?

• Yes

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
One can dream?

Well, already immibis microblocks are way better (a bit buggy, but it is being work on every day instead of every 2 updates) you can use them in liquiducts, pipes, conduits, AE cables, eu cables... Also powercraft has more/better gates, and AE sorting is pretty good.[DOUBLEPOST=1363288320][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you please provide a source for this? Thanks.

Indeed. Feel free to disagree with my opinion, but that is your problem, not mine. Thanks!

All of them are 20 year olds+ besides shree and pyro.

And here http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Music_Discs

Acquiring discs: The music discs "13" and "cat" are found in 8% of dungeon chests. All music discs can be obtained by getting a creeper to be killed by a skeleton's arrows.

13 is the gold one as I said before.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, and that's a whole kettle of fish of another story's color, as villagers are only useful when you're dealing with modded MineCraft (and then, only for MystCraft currently).

Glad we agree, again.
They're also quite useful for Thaumcraft to get the knowledge fragments.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
All of them are 20 year olds+ besides shree and pyro.

Kid:

A child or young person.

Do you need me to define "young person", given personal context?

And here http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Music_Discs

Acquiring discs: The music discs "13" and "cat" are found in 8% of dungeon chests. All music discs can be obtained by getting a creeper to be killed by a skeleton's arrows.

13 is the gold one as I said before.

Perfect, thank you.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the future of mods 1.5 and beyond is pretty stable. Things will get worked on and put in.

As for the mini discussion on useful things in vanilla. It took Mojang how long to add an ore to the Nether, how about a plant in the Nether, or something other then netherwrack when the foretresses came out? There are a lot of loose ends hanging around vanilla, which is fun btw so don't make it look like I am raging on vanilla.

Villagers are good for what? Past mods you get six flavors of squidwards. Five of them are in game and the sixth is like the pink tail drop from FF4 (look it up). Many people have shown how to make breeding farms with them, heck I made one in a SMP and it works fine. Let us not forget how cats are PITA's to get. Wolves are meh as they die too fast unless you keep them at home sitting. I think moving slimes up to the swamps is good but more things can be done with biome spawns. I never seen a witch yet but not really pumped on them.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
They're also quite useful for Thaumcraft to get the knowledge fragments.

I don't see really the point of using villages/dungeons to ways to find stuff, like, first, you make your world pretty big trying to find a single dungeon/village in this case, then lag it to hell (if it isnt enough how you already lag it with other machines) by breeding 100+ vilagers to get 1-2 mystcraft and thaumcraft ones, then to get 1/100 pages or 2/63 knowledge fragments and repeat the process... Also using diamonds for the sake that they are rare, or nether stars, but that is another story.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
oh I'm just saying that's one of the more useful uses... I still don't use that mechanic. My FPS is low enough without a billion villager entities on screen at once.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Do you need me to define "young person", given personal context?

They are just acting, like bdubs "get a ___ job" or "greg and his tech" or "hellz blazes!" You know, is for entertaining purposes, they are more serious most of the time (I mean look at pewdiepie, if he was like that in IRL, he would be in a mental hospital with a straitjacket)

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
You don't lag out the world breeding villagers if you have a kill system for them. Villages can be close or not depending on seed. Dungeons the same. Only thing that is hard to find, to me, is strongholds.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You don't lag out the world breeding villagers if you have a kill system for them. Villages can be close or not depending on seed. Dungeons the same. Only thing that is hard to find, to me, is strongholds.

I actually have found strongholds 3 times by mistake, twice by mining and once by looking down in the ocean :p

Oh and yeah, the breeding is slow unless you have 50+ villagers.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is acting to them and those who watch but the same is said about the Yogscast. First impressions are a huge thing. I didn't like Hybrid untill I really sat down to watch him. Pewdie is funny but has to be taken in small doses and with a good series, eg Happy Wheelz. "I DON'T CARE!" conext.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
They are just acting, like bdubs "get a ___ job" or "greg and his tech" or "hellz blazes!" You know, is for entertaining purposes, they are more serious most of the time (I mean look at pewdiepie, if he was like that in IRL, he would be in a mental hospital with a straitjacket)

That is my entire point, so thank you for proving it for me. They are entertainers. I'm not really sure what you are attempting to discuss now that we've both agreed with each other in regards to that, which is the core issue.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Wolves are meh as they die too fast unless you keep them at home sitting.

Then you haven't seen Wolfie, the longest tamed wolf that has been recorded since the day he was tamed till today, while walking to the far lands.

He was tamed in like episode 30, now they are on episode 222, oh, and also walking, swimming and skiing, not sitting in a dirt hut.
That is my entire point, so thank you for proving it for me. They are entertainers. I'm not really sure what you are attempting to discuss now that we've both agreed with each other in regards to that, which is the core issue.

My point is that they are adults that entertain, not kids.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
My point is that they are adults that entertain, not kids.

So your objection is to my usage of "kid", which fits entirely as they are "young people" (or possible baby goats)? Well then, your "point"/objection has been noted. Thank you.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
And I can also do "better than Notch" and everyone will think that notch was meh

No, you cannot. Prove me wrong. Go make a fully featured mod that contains loads of things that you consider better than Notch.

And correcting a person's spelling is a fairly silly move. Especially as it then opens you to the same in reverse, and no science gets done, no one makes a near gun, and even if they did it wouldn't be for the people that are still alive.

Reactions: ApSciLiara