Future of Mods With 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Are 1.5 And The New Mods Good?

• Yes

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you want Well-Known Member status...?
It's like having 1000 friends on facebook: you don't know. It doesn't give you anything except a name. People only "look up" to them because they know what they're talking about. And why do you want people to look up to you, do you have something to give them? I haven't seen anything special, like Omicron's super BT and Boiler guides (he's not even "Well Known", or Guswut's super-posts in which he is very knowledgeable, Saice's shoopish entertainment and Thermopile funk with his Orbital Shoop Corp Mothership, or Lambert's conspiracy theory in which we all know he is born in Ireland and not England.
You....like Gregtech. And people hate post-boosters (from my experience).
What is a "post booster"? I'm serious not trollin'[DOUBLEPOST=1363917282][/DOUBLEPOST]
man, I will start liking your posts even if they don't make sense just to piss people off.

oh, and by the post above, I ain't callig anybody names... since I never said names in first place.
Thanks man... You are #1 on the forums...You and I will achieve Well-Known Member if it;s the last thing we do...[DOUBLEPOST=1363917321][/DOUBLEPOST]
man, I will start liking your posts even if they don't make sense just to piss people off.

oh, and by the post above, I ain't callig anybody names... since I never said names in first place.
" against dumb people "

Reactions: Dravarden

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
What is a "post booster"? I'm serious not trollin'[DOUBLEPOST=1363917282][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks man... You are #1 on the forums...You and I will achieve Well-Known Member if it;s the last thing we do...[DOUBLEPOST=1363917321][/DOUBLEPOST]
" against dumb people "

well, if a moderator says something, well, too bad, and I'll edit the post

oh, and I don't really mind the status in forums and stuff, besides post numbers. I also know a page where everyone dies to get achievements and I don't give a single crap about it.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
If you post funny stuff, people will like it, but if you think about it, it's not as helpful. Sorry Gus, Lamb, and Saice for using you guys as examples but... :p
They'll all post funny stuff, but when someone has a question, they'll answer it, quite wonderfully in many cases. You could be the only "Super Member" on the forums, but nobody's gonna look up to you unless you get some good content. You like GTech. Learn about it, become a Pokemon Gregtech Master, and help other people out. And Drav may or may not be the only one liking your posts ;)

man, I will start liking your posts even if they don't make sense just to piss people jump off.
*facepalm* I don't care what rank he's on, it's the quality of his posting that matters.
Take Drav, he can sometimes be funny, but he's really the troll of these forums. He won't miss a chance to start an argument. His posts do sometimes make sense, but other times, you just think
high-expectations-asian-father-meme-generator-are-you-trolling-me-right-now-70b3dd.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1363917599][/DOUBLEPOST]Post boosters are people who post for rank or for having a high post count.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
well, if a moderator says something, well, too bad, and I'll edit the post

oh, and I don't really mind the status in forums and stuff, besides post numbers. I also know a page where everyone dies to get achievements and I don't give a single crap about it.
Dude shhhhh don't say that! You're gonna get busted![DOUBLEPOST=1363917714][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you post funny stuff, people will like it, but if you think about it, it's not as helpful. Sorry Gus, Lamb, and Saice for using you guys as examples but... :p
They'll all post funny stuff, but when someone has a question, they'll answer it, quite wonderfully in many cases. You could be the only "Super Member" on the forums, but nobody's gonna look up to you unless you get some good content. You like GTech. Learn about it, become a Pokemon Gregtech Master, and help other people out. And Drav may or may not be the only one liking your posts ;)

DOUBLEPOST=1363917599][/DOUBLEPOST]Post boosters are people who post for rank or for having a high post count.

OH! Ok that makes sense. Well I try to answer any question about GT that I can but Saice, Lam, Gus, or all have already answered it so I don't have a chance to say something insightful...

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
You gotta be quick or go onto other threads. Do you know all the automation techniques for Gregtech? Cause I have no idea how they work. I also don't know how to automate the Implosion Compressor if the Machine casings go where ITNT is supposed to go. And what's Tungsten used for? Do you know what's coming in the newest updates of the mod (oh, these are things I've never seen asked or answered on the forums, just seeing how much you know :p)

Oh, tell Drav that likes do nothing for ranks.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
You gotta be quick or go onto other threads. Do you know all the automation techniques for Gregtech? Cause I have no idea how they work. I also don't know how to automate the Implosion Compressor if the Machine casings go where ITNT is supposed to go. And what's Tungsten used for? Do you know what's coming in the newest updates of the mod (oh, these are things I've never seen asked or answered on the forums, just seeing how much you know :p)

Oh, tell Drav that likes do nothing for ranks.

Likes do things for ranks actually go to help and trophies.
I don't know the automation techs but that's because that's not really my style... Logic is so illogical.
Tungsten technically speaking isn't useful, except for grinders... And if you vacuum harden it then it can be used for mixed metal ingot...
New GT version: New nuclear reactor physics... New fusion reactor coil design, automation, etc... Hope this helps :p

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
No offense, but that's not enough. You should learn about the automation if that's not your style, especially if you're a "GregTech connaiseur".
What about Tungensteel blocks? Aren't they a useful building material? And maybe you should say what else you need for a MMI.
What's new about the physics, what coil design?

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I try to be like Gus: Highly intelligent.

Actually I forgot about Omnicron! He's probably one of my top 5 forumers of the FTB forums!

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Can we cut down the discussion of the discussion and actually discuss modding?
[edit] oops, I'm still discussion the discussion :(

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
The last thing Mojang added that made me really excited to update modpacks (it's one of the things that brought me from 1.2.5 tekkit to 1.4.5 FTB) was getting experience from mining. I never really bothered with enchanting till then.
There is nothing in 1.5 that gives me that same level of 'ooohh shiney me want nao!!!' (maybe that 300% fps boost would be nice.. )

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
The last thing Mojang added that made me really excited to update modpacks (it's one of the things that brought me from 1.2.5 tekkit to 1.4.5 FTB) was getting experience from mining. I never really bothered with enchanting till then.
I really need to get around to making an enchanting table, as I passed level 30 mostly from mining and smelting (woo vanilla furnaces!) then got ambushed by creepers (without tophats :() and now I'm back to 30 again and I figure I might as well not waste it. (Though whatever enchantment I get will most likely be a waste anyway :p)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I really need to get around to making an enchanting table, as I passed level 30 mostly from mining and smelting (woo vanilla furnaces!) then got ambushed by creepers (without tophats :() and now I'm back to 30 again and I figure I might as well not waste it. (Though whatever enchantment I get will most likely be a waste anyway :p)
do as I do; EnchantingPlus. The way I see it, you're being all magicy with the knowledge(experience) You've gained. When you enchant your items, you're not gonna get random shit on it.. Theres a specific set of magic words to say to get Looting and it sounds nothing like 'arthropods'

Also I just got immensely pissed off at wasting levels on jack shit.. enchantingplus is amazing and will be in every modpack i edit from now on.