FTBUnleashed. First Impressions.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
My main reason for even using map mods is the chunk boundaries a la Rei's minimap. The boundaries help in the sense that since you can tell where one chunk is easily you can focus your builds so all of your machines are within a certain boundary to save on chunk loaders. It also helps in that you can make it so, for example, a combustion engine or boiler's water source is never unloaded while said boiler or engine is loaded.

Edit: Also, is the version that's up the updated one that Wyld has mentioned?

Wouldn't NEI's F9 view or Immibis's Dimensional Anchors F9 view be a much superior way to judge this?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the person really. For me it's easier to see the lines on the minimap. Sure, the lines are actually 17x17 instead of the 16x16 chunk size, but that just means the lines are the walls and everything within is inside a single chunk. That and I prefer the solid outlines on the minimap to the lasers from NEI, though if I were building underground you'd have a point.

SaintKenneth

Jul 29, 2019
a temporary(?) version of new ultimate
IDK, but from what I read, it may make me change over from Ultimate. Also, 1.0.3 is out and working, a big thank you to all the people who worked all day on this fat bastard, the effort is appreciated.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
power converters removed? or did they forgot to put it in?

That mod is way too OP. Removing it was necessary.

Especially with steam power. Instead of spending another 3 stacks of steel on engines, you can lower the cost to couple of ingots and diamond.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That mod is way too OP. Removing it was necessary.

Especially with steam power. Instead of spending another 3 stacks of steel on engines, you can lower the cost to couple of ingots and diamond.

All they have to do is turn off the steam consumer in the config. Cuz if you think PConverters is strong, you should see the universal cable from Mekanism..

NoPain9

Jul 29, 2019
Wait the Minimap doesn't have config options for larger maps or am I doing it plainly wrong? In FTB unleashed that is.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
a temporary(?) version of new ultimate

its permanent, Ultimate is no longer being updated and Unleashed will be the new pack. Worlds are also planned to be compatible with 1.6 (hopefully)
the main problem with the worlds updating in 1.6 is liquid dictionary being rewritten, so all liquids will disappear

Reactions: Loufmier

burkmopp

Jul 29, 2019
My impressions so far... Couldn't get the server to work, without crashing "out of memory". Tried to edit the .bat file to give it access to more memory, along with a bunch of other commands that didn't help at all.
Singleplayer works fine, flew in creative mod in a straight diagonal line for almost 2 ingame days and a night no problem. Couldn't get Biomes'o plenty to generate any biomes it would seem, the mod was loaded and I could find the terrain bits etc in NEI, but nothing in the world that looked out of the ordinary, save the natura stuff.

Also the texture packs dont seem to work... But thats a sepperate problem and I guess it has to do with the minecraft version.

So, no mp with friends, uggly textures and just vanilla biomes... >:

I don't want to sound like I'm whining though, I appreciate all the hard work! Things just aren't working very well atm.

Edit: nvm, still MP issues though, that I haven't solved.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have any personal experience of Unleashed, but Biomes o' plenty doesn't do world gen if you haven't enabled it when you start a new world (enable it in more world options using the same button that can change it to super flat mode).

burkmopp

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have any personal experience of Unleashed, but Biomes o' plenty doesn't do world gen if you haven't enabled it when you start a new world (enable it in more world options using the same button that can change it to super flat mode).

Yeah, thanks, noted it in another post. Ended up removing it and installing extra biomes XL instead though, just personal preferance (and it had better texture support). It's all working now, I'm not quite sure why but one of the 10 or so commands inte server.bat seemed to have solved the issue of the server, and textures was indeed a version problem that I had to deal with using a temporarely solution untill theres a better pack that covers most of the mods blocks.

Resender

Jul 29, 2019
This clashes with my concept of a space complex in the END,also the dragon treats the clouds as full blocks allowing it to travel all across the END

SaintKenneth

Jul 29, 2019
My only issue with this mod-pack thus far are the 2nd-tier of tools from Tinkers, The Hammer, Lumber axe, Excavator, etc. To me it feels way to easy to obtain early on for tools that totally throw your production through the roof. Having the excavator at such a low cost also renders the earthmover Shovel from Thaumcraft a moot-point, although the TC shovel can place what it digs up. A possible solution would be to make the patterns for the parts of these tools an earned item, or found in treasure chests, as using Iron blocks to make the proper tinker table for them is still not much of a limiting factor.