FTB Ultimate and other older modpacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
It seems that we are still getting a lot of people asking questions about the futures of the modpacks on the launcher that we maintain. This post is going to try and clear up as much of this as possible.

FTB Ultimate (1.4.7) This Modpack is currently locked and there are no plans to update this pack in the future. The main reason for this is due to the lack of an update to Red Power 2. Tests to make an update without Red Power did not end well.

Direwolf 20 (1.4.7) Pack. Although this is not up to me my understanding is this pack is locked and there are no plans to provide an update in the future. There is currently a 2nd Direwolf 20 pack on the launcher based around his SMP series and the mods on Forgecraft.

Mindcrack Pack (1.4.7) Again my understanding is this pack is currently locked. We hope there will be a updated mindcrack pack in the future. (This new pack will probably not be compatible with the 1.4.7 version due to the lack of a Red Power 2 update.

Yogcraft Modpack (1.4.7) This pack is currently locked and there are currently no plans for an update to this pack. (Yogscast tend to stay with the same modpack for quite a while)

FTB Lite (1.4.7) This modpack is locked. There may be a new lite pack in the future, but there are no current plans for this.

Magic World (1.4.7) This pack is locked, Magic World 2 is in an early planning stage, this new modpack will not be compatible with old worlds and will provide a much more focused gameplay experience.

Tech World 1.4.7) This pack is locked, Tech World 2 is in an early planning stage, this new modpack will not be compatible with old worlds and will provide a much more focused gameplay experience.

The FTB Beta Packs (152wgt and 152ngt) these are now locked beta packs that will not be updated beyond what they are now. Both packs will be removed from the launcher once the 152 packs are fully public.

FTB Unleashed. (1.5.2) This is our new feature pack and is intended to provide an all round gaming experience that provides something for everyone. It is intended that worlds created in this pack will work with the 1.6 update although this is dependant on mod updates.

FTB Unhinged (1.5.2) This is a new pack designed in consutation with GregT. It is intended that worlds created in this pack will work with the 1.6 update although this is dependant on mod updates.
Direwolf20_1_5 (1.5.2) This is a pack that is based around Direwolfs current adventures on Forgecraft. It is unknown at this time if the pack will be updated beyond 1.5.2. (A new pack is planned for 1.6)
Hopefully this will answer most of your questions.

Kenneth

Jul 29, 2019
I feel you should wait a while for people to update there 1.4.7 DW20 server then remove it because people will likely go to the 1.5.2 DW20 Pack but then again RP2 is in it so really it depends on other peoples opinions but i think you should keep ultimite as it is sort of the same as the DW20 Pack

xXJollyXx

Jul 29, 2019
I just have a quick question: Will these be on the new launcher? Meaning the Ultimate Pack and such.

dragonguy92

Jul 29, 2019
any plans to include Millenaire and More Player Models? these are awesome yet over looked mods. could they be integrated somehow please?

dragonguy92

Jul 29, 2019
my avatar doesent look normal without the More Player Model mod. and Ive tried using it with ultimate pack before and it refused to show my av like the mod didn't exist.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
@dragonguy92
Millenaire isnt overlooked, it was just never really the type of mod we would use ourselves. There are plenty of packs around that use these mods.
@Shandy1999
As far as I know the forgecraft map has no release plans due to its dependancy on beta versions of mods. However I dont know for sure.
@Minecraft_Ninja_64
We are looking at that and other RP replacements.

Reactions: Minken

dragonguy92

Jul 29, 2019
@dragonguy92
Millenaire isnt overlooked, it was just never really the type of mod we would use ourselves. There are plenty of packs around that use these mods.
@Shandy1999
As far as I know the forgecraft map has no release plans due to its dependancy on beta versions of mods. However I dont know for sure.
@Minecraft_Ninja_64
We are looking at that and other RP replacements.

i don't know why you wouldn't use Millenaire. you mod pretty much everything but the villagers. who wouldn't want a Norman raiding party helping you take down someones fort ^^[DOUBLEPOST=1374421657][/DOUBLEPOST]pretty much you work with your clan to secure and produce enough resources to upgrade the village as quickly as possible so you get well armored and armed raiding groups and are feared ^^

ProfDeCube

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any compatibility between 152ngt and direwolf 152? some of my players were hoping I could change my server over and keep the map.

Reactions: Tellus2

Who Is Steve

Jul 29, 2019
I made an account specifically to hop in on the discussion about the Ultimate pack so sorry for any noobiness about forum rules or anything.

Anyway!, I've been playing that exclusively for about a month now, so seeing it updated would be quite nice. Do check out Project: Red, that Minecraft Ninja suggested. It looks to be a suitable replacement and would allow for some welcome updates to the pack.

Andy2k

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the News. But One think ...

I Play with the Ultimate Pack and looked the new Packs to Play with it. I think Greg Tech is one of the best Mods to make Minecraft interesting for a long Time and much heavier. When I see Lets Plays without Greg Tech all things are so Easy to make .. UU-Matter and the Game is over *g*

So the One Pack for me is Unhinged. But when I see the List of Plugins I don´t understand why on the One Pack are so many good Mods there not by the other Pack. Why? It give good Mods like Bibliocraft and so on.

Is it in Planning to make a Unleashedhinged Pack for the old Ultimate Player that think Minecraft without GregTech is toooooo Easy, but want Play with all good Mods?

_ _ _ _ _
Sorry for my bad English .. the most Words a powered by Hope is the Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.