FTB Trident Released

manevilus

Jul 29, 2019
When trying to run a server, I get this error, not only for this modpack, but for any modpack when trying to run a server, not sure why this error is happening...
Detected following JVM error:
=======================================
'cat' is not recognized as an internal or external command
operable program or batch file.
JVM test failed. Can't run server, Exiting...
Press any key to continue . . .

FIXED

Last edited:

Bennyboo19

Jul 29, 2019
Yes... finally. I've been waiting to absolutely annihilate my foes and especially my arch-nemesis, Frictia (duh duh duh)!

KaosC57

Jul 29, 2019
This is a nice pack, but the Hardcore Night mod should not be in it, it's too crippling for people trying to get to their base...

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
How big is this pack? Is it like Metroplex size or like Unicron size? Do you need $12k server to play it on the weakest settings?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
When trying to run a server, I get this error, not only for this modpack, but for any modpack when trying to run a server, not sure why this error is happening...
Detected following JVM error:
'cat' is not recognized as an internal or external command
operable program or batch file.
JVM test failed. Can't run server, Exiting...
Press any key to continue . . .

FIXED

One theory... Are you running Windows? "cat" is a Unix command to print a file to the screen, and both Linux and MacOS are Unix based.

My guess is that there's a Unix shell script around in there somewhere that Windows can't handle?

Then again, take this with a grain of salt. These stars I see all around may just actually be my own intestinal fauna glowing in the dark :D

Psygantic

Jul 29, 2019
In both servers I checked out last night, all the starting equipment was gone. In one, even the chests were gone. Not at all surprising for a PvP environment.

Not having the books explaining what the heck was going on made for a very confusing experience. And not having team gear or directions to a base left me without a team identity. Even after I tunneled under the wasteland and found a base, I felt like an intruder even though I was just trying to find a team to belong to.

So, a suggestion: I would have much, much preferred to start right away at one of the team bases.

There are probably lots of ways to accomplish this. What if new players spawned into an indestructible bunker with one-way teleporters to the three bases and command blocks to set their spawn point to their new home? Maybe some fancy RedNet setup could even display how many players had taken each teleporter, to give an idea of the current balance.

As it is, there's not really a reason to occupy the starter bases at all. They don't provide anything special, and the other teams will know where they are. But if your teammates were popping in and respawning there, that would be a very strong reason. It would also create team identity and cohesion by virtue of isolation from the others (especially if you could never change your spawn point, but that's another post). The starter equipment could also then be located at the bases themselves, safe from rival newbies.

TennePlaysGames

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure someone else has already said something about this, but honestly, gunpowder being walled behind Pyrotheum Dust/Ghast drops is really unnecessary. I can understand why that change would be somewhat needed, but I would rather be killed by people with guns repeatedly when I first join a server than have to make Pyrotheum, just for gunpowder. It's unneeded difficulty.

Ganjalf_The_Green

Jul 29, 2019
This collection is very inspirational.

I'm tinkering with this collection, I added Custom Ore Gen and Recurrent Complex ( needs both to be client side too ), I'm wrote a COG script to replace all biomes except ForestHills to look like the spawn barren land area so to give many others "base-hq areas" for more than 3 factions, I intend to use Recurrent Complex to spawn schematic of the bases into the ForestHills biomes, I also replace all water below sea level with sewage(but I might disable it for oceanic biomes), the tricky part is removing trees and plants from "wiped" biomes ( actually what I'm doing now, nei dumps in hand ), I might also add couple more small biomes to the whitelist of biomes to be generated normally. I hope to be able to replace the pregenerated map with a clean casually generated map and by using PerfectSpawn for generating the spawn area (I'm not yet at that point and I probably can use RecurrentComplex) and fine tuned veins of minerals.
I'd probably also add MyTown2 server side to forbid almost everything (except pvp and vehicles) if you don't claim a chunk for your town/faction and I will probably disable "interclaim" protections so that anybody can do anything as long as it is claimed (opening inventories, placing and breaking blocks).

I'll probably add something to give a random teleport on the map and tempban( 5 minutes or so ) if you are killed near your town spawn, but I'm not at that point yet.

I don't expect people to say "oh cool", I just find the 3 factions aproach and the pregenerated map a bit tight (for my likes) thats all and I like people to be able to leave a group to make another or to create a new base somewhere else after being destroyed.

But as it stand its perfect as it is for UHC or to play last base standing.

Thank you guys and pardon any gramar mistakes.

:)

Reactions: eeffoc and Lethosos

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Crash report?

About 15 years ago, when I worked in PC support/IT, a buddy submitted a trouble ticket like this... no detail. He did it as a prank... This was a guy that would add a custom spellchecker entry in Word and Outlook to change the Supervisor's name to "Idiot" if you didn't screen-lock your PC when going to lunch.

I just made the natural assumption that the complaint was Windows displaying in English instead of Mandarin Chinese.

He never tried to prank me again :D