FTB "Teams Challenge". Are you in?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
jordsta95 - I'd like to file the name "Team Shinonome". For now, I'm going alone - by which I mean I'll try to find more people by Oct 31st (yes, feel free to ask me if you want to join). Also, a polite request: please anonymize entries for voting. Since we are trying to judge based on pack merits and not popularity, it makes sense to not make it straightforward as to who made what pack.

I recommend you do it how the MegaZeux community used to do it for their game contests: on 1st November, you assign every team a random number from 0 to 99999 and they have to use that number to identify themselves. On voting, every pack is named like that, with no mention of the authors. After the results are published, the numbers are linked to the respective teams.
Added to OP :)

As for voting what I am thinking of right now is there will be a single thread (in the 3rd party packs sub-forum). In that thread there will be a section for each pack. Each team will send me the whole description for their pack and it will be added to the thread into a spoiler for each. And the only thing to identify the packs will be the pack names (before the results are released, whoever send the pack off to the FTB team will need to just put author as "team <number>", I'll send off the details to everyone in more detail on the 31st :))

Example of the forum thread:
<introductory text to the challenge along with the rules and the teams involved>

<pack name> by team 1:
Pack code
Whatever team 1 sends to be added
link to mod list (google doc/spreadsheet)

<pack name> by team 2:
Pack code
Whatever team 1 sends to be added
link to mod list (google doc/spreadsheet)

etc. etc.

Link to google form for voting (undecided on how voting will be done - 1 criteria, or multiple criterion; mods? interaction? playability? etc.?) This would be added after a month or so

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
jordsta95 - I'd like to file the name "Team Shinonome". For now, I'm going alone - by which I mean I'll try to find more people by Oct 31st (yes, feel free to ask me if you want to join). Also, a polite request: please anonymize entries for voting. Since we are trying to judge based on pack merits and not popularity, it makes sense to not make it straightforward as to who made what pack.

I recommend you do it how the MegaZeux community used to do it for their game contests: on 1st November, you assign every team a random number from 0 to 99999 and they have to use that number to identify themselves. On voting, every pack is named like that, with no mention of the authors. After the results are published, the numbers are linked to the respective teams.

...Though I'm not sure if the anonymization is a good idea, on second thought. Up to you and others.
Hey @asiekierka wanna join the Pack Team with me and DrowElf? I am a custom mod devolper myself and think if me and you worked on a mod for our modpack we can do something pretty amazing. Me and DrowElf are pretty easy going and are really into modded minecraft. I hope you can reconsider and join our team :D[DOUBLEPOST=1414149688][/DOUBLEPOST]@jordsta95 BTW I posted the banner on page 8. You wanna add it?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @asiekierka wanna join the Pack Team with me and DrowElf? I am a custom mod devolper myself and think if me and you worked on a mod for our modpack we can do something pretty amazing. Me and DrowElf are pretty easy going and are really into modded minecraft. I hope you can reconsider and join our team :D[DOUBLEPOST=1414149688][/DOUBLEPOST]@jordsta95 BTW I posted the banner on page 8. You wanna add it?
Tis added :) I may shrink it down a little :p

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have multiple personality disorder? If so I guess that's 3 people :p
Oh cool then Team ReGrowth has enough members for about 10 teams.
◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉ ◉_◉

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
yeppers.[DOUBLEPOST=1414150924][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you sure you don't want to join The Pack Team @parcel31u ? :p

The premise of my pack:

Miscellaneous will have a minimal trace of mainstream mods with a limited number of staple mods, while the main content of the pack will consist of unpopular and newer mods, giving even an experienced player the feeling of learning and discovering modded minecraft all over again. HQM will supplement with easy quests that serve as a guide for all the new mods, giving bountiful rewards.

Rough incomplete modlist

If anyone is doing the same sort of pack, then I'll be happy to merge.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
The premise of my pack:

Miscellaneous will have a minimal trace of mainstream mods with a limited number of staple mods, while the main content of the pack will consist of unpopular and newer mods, giving even an experienced player the feeling of learning and discovering modded minecraft all over again. HQM will supplement with easy quests that serve as a guide for all the new mods, giving bountiful rewards.

Rough incomplete modlist

Because nothing says not mainstream like thermal expansion. :p

In all seriousness I would check out the practicalities mod for your pack as I think it would fit in nicely.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The premise of my pack:

Rough incomplete modlist

TRAIL MIX :D

Sounds good though :) It'd be cool to play a pack with things I have never used before (*coughs* spatial storage *coughs* ;))