FTB Release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder. By default is the mod pack set up so that ore generation is not conflicting? While playing the beta today I've noticed that all ores I've mined have been stacking together, none belonging to different mods..then I opened a few dungeon chests, ran into a different variant of ores. Everything works of course, but just curious.

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
did i just read that there's now a mystcraft symbol that makes the sun hot?!?! COOL!
No, the added mystcraft symbols are random explosions and meteors (they add stability). Burning sun will be a form of instability. If you've tried out the latest version of Mystcraft (or watched Direwolf20's mod spotlight on the changes - recommended), you know that instability comes in many forms. Instead of just having the decay blocks, instability comes in the form of nausea, miner's fatigue, and other negative effects, decay blocks, and/OR a burning sun. And there's probably some other negative types of instability that we don't even know about yet.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
hello ftb can i help yuou make a update to ftb mod pack to add redpower everyone wants it? and hello people waiting eargerly on this mod pack im hoping it will be bigger and better
As I said its not up to us redpower is not ready yet when it is it will be in the pack...

upsbud

Jul 29, 2019
I hope so to
Furthermore, I don't want anybody to think I'm ungrateful of any kind. I think it's amazing what Minecraft has done to pc gaming and video gaming in general. It gives the opportunity for people to be involved in something great, like developing killer mods for a great game. Redpower is just one of many awesome works thats made this game one of the best I've ever played. I appreciate what everybody in the community has done and will continue to do.

*watches the countdown.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
No, the added mystcraft symbols are random explosions and meteors (they add stability). Burning sun will be a form of instability. If you've tried out the latest version of Mystcraft (or watched Direwolf20's mod spotlight on the changes - recommended), you know that instability comes in many forms. Instead of just having the decay blocks, instability comes in the form of nausea, miner's fatigue, and other negative effects, decay blocks, and/OR a burning sun. And there's probably some other negative types of instability that we don't even know about yet.
OHHH ok... i remember hearing xcomp was coming up with new instability types (back on pahicraft when dire was setting up his forestry stuff, xcomp was talking about stuff crumbling into sand)
thanks for clearing that up. i don't usually play unless i have a pack (i can deal with waiting while someone else works out all the ID conflicts :p) so i wouldn't have known.
@jcol87
IKR? I, for one, am perfectly fine making a new world (or age...) when RP is ready. It'll give me some practice with some of the mods im not familiar with (basically anything that is not called "the portal gun mod" (which is what got me into MC around 1.8 beta) and not in technic (save your rants. I've heard them and have seen the light))
love the "wahmbulence" line. +1

intelic76

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent news. Sad that TC3 and RedPower are not included but I'll still take the launcher now. Makes it way easier trying to get some friends to play instead of trying to walk them through custom building the mods into their clients. :)

Keep up the awesome work!

thejoshknight

Jul 29, 2019
Will generation new chunks not work? I feel like it would be easier just to avoid walking too far, then when the mods are added just go walking?

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
that will work, and so will combining a feather and 3 sugarcane to make a descriptive book and then setting up a mining age (try to make it a stable world. you don't want to get mining fatigue in your mining world!).

I just added the release to my android's calendar so it reminds me an hour ahead of time. Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.