FTB Monster mod pack listed - What do you think?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Just play the recommended earlier version of Monster, they didn't remove OpenBlocks until 1.03
Sounds like a short term thing anyway.
Mikeemoo said yesterday its a cross-mod issue and he's on it ...
Mostly miscommunication from what I can gather, not helped by the fact that I've not been as active over the past month due to work. Mostly seems to be that its not playing too well with another mod in the pack. We're addressing any issues in the upcoming release, so subject to FTBs plans, and subject to some forgecraft 2 testing, it'll hopefully be re-added soon.

Andrew Renew

Jul 29, 2019
it was just removed.

word on the street is there is a world corrupting bug in this version of openblocks.

Gotcha, well hopefully it gets fixed with Mikemoo then
Also, id like to see Agents Agriculture in here instead of the agriculture that is in now. Any ideas on this? or how to do it manually?

i tried to add and got some nasty crashes

Boosted98gsx

Jul 29, 2019
Are the minefactory reloaded recipes bugged? None of them are using the factory machine blocks, and deep storage units are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive now (4 reinforced strongboxes, 1 filled tesseract frame, for 1 single deep storage unit).

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Are the minefactory reloaded recipes bugged? None of them are using the factory machine blocks, and deep storage units are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive now (4 reinforced strongboxes, 1 filled tesseract frame, for 1 single deep storage unit).
This isn't a bug. In the MFR config there is an option to register a different recipe set for MFR stuff. The options are "vanilla" MFR recipes, gregtech style recipes and TE style recipes which is what is enabled in your pack. You can toggle each recipe set in the MFR config yourself if you wish.

The gregtech ones are obviously not applicable in a pack without Gregtech though.

Jgizle

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft is dumb. I don't see why it was even considered being added. Sure its a cool idea and more realistic, but anything good in it will be banned always (Pile Driver, laser gun, heat ray, ect ect). The scalable chest is cool but changing pages is really slow even with more power than is necessary. Gears or shafts can take damage, which is dumb. Building small machines using the system implemented with series of shafts and gears and such take way to much space.

The best things about this mod is its automated defense and weapons (of which most if not all will be banned, grief server or not). Without those you are left with nothing useful. If I ran an FTB monster server with this, I'd disable it and add in Buildcraft, and some other mods for better solars and better armor (Since FTB Monster is lacking in many things such as these)

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft is dumb. I don't see why it was even considered being added. Sure its a cool idea and more realistic, but anything good in it will be banned always (Pile Driver, laser gun, heat ray, ect ect). The scalable chest is cool but changing pages is really slow even with more power than is necessary. Gears or shafts can take damage, which is dumb. Building small machines using the system implemented with series of shafts and gears and such take way to much space.

The best things about this mod is its automated defense and weapons (of which most if not all will be banned, grief server or not). Without those you are left with nothing useful. If I ran an FTB monster server with this, I'd disable it and add in Buildcraft, and some other mods for better solars and better armor (Since FTB Monster is lacking in many things such as these)
Useful things in Rotary Craft you've missed:

Spring Boots - early game boots of the traveler
Terraformer - actually changes the biome type, unlike every other implementation of this
Extractor - challenging to run, but gives the best yields on ores, including some not usually featured
Fans - extremely simple farm automation, perhaps more so than MFR
Lubricant - easy to make, prevents gear and shaft damage
Bedrock Jetpack - a nice alternative to the missing GraviSuite

The complicated power system is part of the charm, imo. It's more interesting to work with than anything else out there, partly because of the challenge.

Also, the fact that he drops updates like crazy is really nice. Mention a bug and he'll usually have a fixed version with 3 new features in a few hours.

It's tough to get into, but rewarding.

Reactions: YX33A and Optibane

KellionBane

Jul 29, 2019
One of my concerns with Monster is that there is no reliable way to charge up your Power Armor. I've tried the Engineer's Toolbox version of a charging bench, but that works as a tier 1 power supply unit (very very very slow), and its eaten items from me, so I don't really trust it anymore... Though I haven't touched Rotarycraft... Getting a Rotarycraft book every time I log in is nice for my Thaumcraft Alembic's though.

Boosted98gsx

Jul 29, 2019
One of my concerns with Monster is that there is no reliable way to charge up your Power Armor. I've tried the Engineer's Toolbox version of a charging bench, but that works as a tier 1 power supply unit (very very very slow), and its eaten items from me, so I don't really trust it anymore... Though I haven't touched Rotarycraft... Getting a Rotarycraft book every time I log in is nice for my Thaumcraft Alembic's though.

Windmill + MFE / MFSU

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019

You're doing it wrong then.. Gearboxes don't take damage if you give them lubricant. Did you happen to catch the ore processing of rotarycraft? It has the chance to double ore output for each of the 4 stages. It takes a while, even with max power, but it works wonders. I have more certus and other "less common" ores than I know what to do with.

If you find the power system too complicated or you really just want to use the machines without all the guesswork and learning the entire mod, there are 2 engines (maybe more) that offer cross-mod support. I have 3 magnetsomethingoranother engines from my RF Power grid powering 3 extractors (ore processing machines).

Give it a shot before you down on it. It's an interesting/entertaining mod and it has some great things that you can't find in any other mods.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
There is a block from TE as well called the energetic infuser that charges RF compatible stuff life Power armour

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

Reika himself has addressed this. His power system is complex enough that your average griefer wouldn't have the patience to follow through on it. I personally love Rotary craft. It's realism is very appealing, and has many fun blocks(Aerosolizer anybody?).

DCribbie

Jul 29, 2019
Up until now the only FTB I have played is Unleashed. I have to say that I really miss not having Advanced Solar Panels and the gravitation suit in Monster. I have also seen some changes in recipes (the ones that come to mind right off are iron furnaces and generators), is this as a result of updates to the mods?

Overall I think its a good mod that just needs some tweaking of the ore gen and if we could get Advanced Solar and Gravitation Suit in this it will be a killer mod

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question:

Is it possible to implement the GalaxyCraft Mod? That will be awsome :D
I don't believe there are universal configs for it, but if you want to add it yourself and iron out the block and item ID conflicts, I'm sure it would be possible.

DCribbie

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an anticipated final list of mods for Monster? I see a list as of 1.0.3 on ftbwiki, is this the anticipated final list? The reason I ask is I am now noticing with the latest recommended update to 1.0.9 I now don't seem to have the ability to create compact solarpanels.