FTB Launcher in a 4K Monitor HELP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DeSiden

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all i'm new to this forum, but i'm not so new to FTB Launcher. Recently i bought a new monitor, switching from an old 1080p television to an Asus 4K 28'' monitor. My problem is that now the FTB Launcher is incredibly small when i open it and it's difficult to read. There's a solution? I have tried to change windows settings to display all the things in big size instead of medium but nothing changed... Hope you have a solution for me ;)
PS: sorry for english mistakes, but i'm italian :B

This is how i see the launcher...
kyeba48.jpg

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
That looks like a display scaling issue. You should be able to mouse to a corner and use the " <-> " thingy to enlarge it. I wish I could give more accurate info but my computer is broken atm.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Many applications are not ready for DPI scaling, especially those with nonstandard GUI toolkits. Developers were used to thinking in units of pixels for a long, long time. It will take a while for that to change, and many legacy applications probably never will.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
That or lower your resolution a bit when you run Minecraft... I doubt Java could handle the graphics for a 4k monitor anyway. :D

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Java can handle 4k. Its just that prog or someone needs to setup display scaling. Ill try to get that to the launcher dev team

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

DeSiden

Jul 29, 2019
Yes minecraft looks pretty good in 4K, hope they update the launcher for 4K monitors :D