FTB Infinity Skyblock 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
So I must have missed Soaryn's stream the day he built this, and Direwolf didn't go over it in enough detail in his video, so the question for the Hivemind is this:
Automating the Wither, how to do this without having to replace blocks all the time.
It's easy enough to build the wither automatically, and you need to use the grinder from draconic evolution to kill it, but something in Soaryn's build teleports the wither inside a reinforced obsidian box before it explodes, and that's the part I have no idea how he's doing.

Soaryn was using the Thermal Expansion "Translocation Plate" to teleport the spawning Wither into the Reinforced Obsidian cage.

G

GreyHawk_90

Anything else I can try or that yall would suggest? I dont need to start thaumcraft, do I?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
For the champion mobs? Googling gives this, which does indicate if on Hard they should have a significantly higher spawn rate. If you want more try changing to Hard.

G

GreyHawk_90

Well I have none, so I will give hard a shot. My champion_mobs config value is set to true...

Last edited:

RTukkers

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: void queens work for me now it seems, I had to install some (2 to be precise) cooler upgrades next to the winter emulation upgrade. Will keep the initial text below.

Bees question: after getting the infinity queen and setting up Gendustry I am having issues with the Void Queen not appearing to be producing the special drops (which was the entire point in breeding it).

The Industrial Apiary has the Winter Emulation Upgrade installed.

Am I missing something here? Do I need another biome upgrade?

I also have a few Withering Queens which are happily churning out the wither skeleton skulls so I am not sure what I am missing here.

Edit: it seems I am getting void metal nuggets when I install a few cooler upgrades next to the winter emulation.

Last edited:

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone having trouble getting transvector interfaces to work and/or display the connection configuration?

My team and I have gotten our first creative energy cell and thought to setup the cell with a few transvector interfaces to get some cheap power, but we're seeing very odd behavior.

First, the interfaces never register as being connected to any block, be it the creative cell or a chest or any other machine. I don't know if this is a waila issue specifically or not, but it leads to issue two.

...which is, if I link an interface to the creative cell and stick a capacitor on one side of it (any side), it draws a tiny amount of power and then stops. It's acting like the interface works for a brief period of time and then disconnects or something.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
@zilvarwolf use hyperactive energy transfer nodes on the creative energy cell, and then an EnderIO capacitor bank big enough to input that much power or a DE energy ball.

Also the DE reactor is much more powerful.
If I understand properly, 6 hyper transfer nodes will still only extract 600,000 RF/t from the creative energy cell, because only 6 sides can be connected to with 100,000 rf/t per side output.

I believe this is suboptimal given the existence of transvector interfaces (ref: direworlf/soaryn ftb skyblock, ep 52, approx 11min mark). My problem has been that I cannot get my transvector interfaces to actually connect to any device....from the creative energy cell to a chest to a rolling machine. It's not just a matter of WAILA not reporting that the thing is connected, but the behavior of the interface leads me to believe that any connections that have been established are fleeting or instantly broken and I do not know why.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone having trouble getting transvector interfaces to work and/or display the connection configuration?

My team and I have gotten our first creative energy cell and thought to setup the cell with a few transvector interfaces to get some cheap power, but we're seeing very odd behavior.

First, the interfaces never register as being connected to any block, be it the creative cell or a chest or any other machine. I don't know if this is a waila issue specifically or not, but it leads to issue two.

...which is, if I link an interface to the creative cell and stick a capacitor on one side of it (any side), it draws a tiny amount of power and then stops. It's acting like the interface works for a brief period of time and then disconnects or something.
Why don't you just connect a tesseract to the cell and draw all your power from other tesseracts?

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you just connect a tesseract to the cell and draw all your power from other tesseracts?
Again, as I understand the function of the cell, that will be limited to 100,000 rf/t per side. Our normal operational use is higher than that. I want to maximize the number of sides available so that we can cover the approximately 2.3 million rf/t our operations are capable of using.

While I appreciate the suggestion, it doesn't answer the question of why we've been unable to get the transvector interfaces to properly function.

The hyperactive energy nodes extract more then maximum power from a block.
That's interesting. Does that require the use of any upgrade or configuration? Do you have a sample video or album showing it in action? Thanks

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
There was a block from draconic evolution that let you extract at 5x the normal output cap I believe, 6 of them gave 3mil RF/t from a creative cell iirc. Saw it as a tip on the subreddit a while back.

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if mobs killed by environmental damage, like a mob dropper, drop loot bags? Or does a player have to kill them? I'm wondering if I should convert my mob softener to a straight up grinder with a vacuum hopper and a simple sorting system to filter the loot bags into a different chest. Ik they drop minicio essence no matter what, however.

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't know you could enchant spikes. Hmm.
But will the loot bags still drop? Or should I keep the softener and also build an actual grinder? 'Course, a softener is still good for XP farming.

Also, there's this one spot in my mob spawning area that, for some bizarre reason, gives XP at top speed. Idk if it'll still be there next time I load up my world, but it's worth a check...