FTB Infinity Skyblock 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
which is why they are asking how to add something to the Oredictionary not how to convert something from one to another

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
I ended up figuring out a way around my ores issue earlier. MineTweaker's weird and it doesn't like me jumping between worlds.

Anyways, can I just say that I'm slightly annoyed with the recipe for the IE Thermoelectric Generator (similar to the old RP2 Thermopile)? I mean...5 Enderium Ingots isn't HORRIBLE, but for someone who found this design (http://imgur.com/a/VDQP9) a while back and wanted to use it as their early-ish to midgame power source and have yet to get an effective mob spawner/trap for the Pearls, the processing speed going through EnderIO (Enderium Base + Pyrotheum + Ender Pearls) is the aggravating part.

Also, I really wish there was a way to auto-craft the IE Graphite Electrodes for the Arc Furnace. For a build I am working on, I need a LOT of steel and the Improved Blast Furnace with Preheaters is just not fast enough. I know the Electrodes last a while, but I'd like a way to "set and forget" them. I already have an almost absurd amount of Coal Coke ever since I decided to build the Immersive Integration Industrial Coke Oven (3267 Coal Coke as of the time of me typing this). If push really comes to shove, I could write a quick MineTweaker script to add the recipe to the IE Metal Press with the "Rod" mold, still requiring the 4x HOP Graphite Ingots, but I feel that I've already modified this pack enough on my own and would rather try to keep within the spirit of the script-based tweaks.

G

GreyHawk_90

I am using the Auto Enchanter from openblocks and the max level says 8 above the slider, no matter what the slider is set to. I tried using bookshelves and magical wood, but to no prevail.

Is it just capped at 8 in this modpack?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I am using the Auto Enchanter from openblocks and the max level says 8 above the slider, no matter what the slider is set to. I tried using bookshelves and magical wood, but to no prevail.

Is it just capped at 8 in this modpack?
How are you placing the bookshelves? IIRC it's the same as vanilla, one block space between them.

A

Absolutezero01

Hello!
what mods can i safely remove from the pack without ruining any minetweaker changes?

I want to remove some mods because my pc cannot handle too much mods (only 4gb ram and crappy CPU)

Z

Zugorosh

Does anyone know a way to get good energy? I've been trying to use survivalist generators but they're so slow :/

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a way to get good energy? I've been trying to use survivalist generators but they're so slow :/
Culinary gens if you got some food farms going, Hobbyist's steam engine for a bit more power than Survivalist gen OR my favorite, Peat fire engines <3

Reactions: Zugorosh

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't mind farming, a easy source of power early game is culinary generators.

I know a few people were pimping Beef Wellington for Culinary Generators, but I'm a fan of Stuffed Eggplant. All it takes is Eggplant and Garlic (and bakeware, but whatever). It is slightly less power, but doesn't require nearly the hassle of pressing soy.

Z

Zugorosh

If you don't mind farming, a easy source of power early game is culinary generators.

Culinary gens if you got some food farms going, Hobbyist's steam engine for a bit more power than Survivalist gen OR my favorite, Peat fire engines <3
Gonna try it out, thanks.
But as I noticed, agricraft is on, and for making 10/10/10 crops I will really need a watering can, any tips on getting it?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Spam the Immersive Engineering waterwheels, use the max of 3 wheels per dynamo and you can get 88 RF/t from each one. I used 8 of them for around 700 RF/t total which was plenty for my early game needs. Start with 2, then make 2 more, then 4 more after those, that kinda thing.

Z

Zugorosh

Spam the Immersive Engineering waterwheels, use the max of 3 wheels per dynamo and you can get 88 RF/t from each one. I used 8 of them for around 700 RF/t total which was plenty for my early game needs. Start with 2, then make 2 more, then 4 more after those, that kinda thing.
I tried making one of those but I need to make a Metal Former, and for that I need rubber, how can I get some?
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid. Thanks!

muksterz

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna try it out, thanks.
But as I noticed, agricraft is on, and for making 10/10/10 crops I will really need a watering can, any tips on getting it?
More Agricraft ;), I thin the watering can is considered end game for crop mutations because it speeds up crop mutations as well.
I mutated my crops all without the watering can by planting them in a 2 by 2 square with 2 crops diagonal to each other. The might be a better way but I don't know it.

Z

Zugorosh

Another question: As I only have the survivalist generator, I still haven't got any generators for IC2.
Is there any way to transform RF to EU?

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
You can use LV/MV wires from Immersive Engineering as they convert RF to EU and back. The rate is 4RF = 1EU.

Fastest method I know of breeding crops to 10/10/10 is to plant them in a + formation with the "upgraded" seed sprouting in the middle. You can use a clippers and take the cuttings and replant in the four outside crops. Repeat as needed. Lower "tier" cuttings will not take all the time. Chances increase as the grop growth stat increases. Use bonemeal to speed things up.

Z

Zugorosh

You can use LV/MV wires from Immersive Engineering as they convert RF to EU and back. The rate is 4RF = 1EU.

Fastest method I know of breeding crops to 10/10/10 is to plant them in a + formation with the "upgraded" seed sprouting in the middle. You can use a clippers and take the cuttings and replant in the four outside crops. Repeat as needed. Lower "tier" cuttings will not take all the time. Chances increase as the grop growth stat increases. Use bonemeal to speed things up.
Thanks you so much!