FTB Infinity Release

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Why did all the ID's change from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0 ? Running a server and updated, royaly screwed the server over, and now needs a wipe. Thanks :(
You're running a server and you didn't take a backup?

On the subject of IDs - doesn't Minecraft allocate them nowadays, removing the need for us to have to worry about them? Does this mean that that system is a little less robust than we'd like?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

On the subject of IDs - doesn't Minecraft allocate them nowadays, removing the need for us to have to worry about them? Does this mean that that system is a little less robust than we'd like?

plus 1.2.0 isn't even recommend yet, it's your own fault if you decide to update your server to a version that isn't recommend yet.

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing Infinity last week and I must say - good job, I love it so far! Finally a nice stable kitchen sink pack that is able to replace Monster in my most-loved pack list :)

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019

MC1.7 does indeed automatically assign IDs now, the names are persistent but the IDs are auto assigned (on first startup). That being said unless there are major changes to existing mods, it should maintain the original IDs in the world folder.
We have tested this on UnionCraft, purging a mod from a pack will not shift IDs, it will just remove them from an existing world.
I think the problem is mainly due to the mixed bag nature of 1.7, we are still in the process of shifting over to the new methods as plugins (mainly) still use IDs and as server admins were still used to using IDs instead of names, there is no doubt the changeover was a big benefit to mod devs which is great!, but for admins its definitely a shift away from ease of use.

Of course, a world backup before any update is a no-brainer and is noones fault except the server admins.

I will admit tho, server setups on 1.7 take a significant amount of extra time and work to accomplish.

Last edited:

fairyhell

Jul 29, 2019
Just updated to new version of the pack 1.1.0. Got a crash that didn't happen before.
Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.

Time: 2/23/15 7:04 PM
Description: Updating screen events

java.lang.NullPointerException: Updating screen events
    at com.mcjty.rftools.crafting.KnownDimletShapedRecipe.func_77571_b(KnownDimletShapedRecipe.java:21)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.ShapedRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(ShapedRecipeHandler.java:114)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.ShapedRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(ShapedRecipeHandler.java:107)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.getRecipeHandler(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:465)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiCraftingRecipe.openRecipeGui(GuiCraftingRecipe.java:20)
    at codechicken.nei.ItemPanel.mouseUp(ItemPanel.java:258)
    at codechicken.nei.LayoutManager.onMouseUp(LayoutManager.java:166)
    at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.mouseUp(GuiContainerManager.java:365)
    at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.overrideMouseUp(GuiContainerManager.java:357)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146286_b(GuiContainer.java)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:306)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146274_d(GuiContainer.java)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1628)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

It happen when I click on a recipe while in a MP world. Everything work fine when I'm on SP.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Just updated to new version of the pack 1.1.0. Got a crash that didn't happen before.
Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.

Time: 2/23/15 7:04 PM
Description: Updating screen events

java.lang.NullPointerException: Updating screen events
    at com.mcjty.rftools.crafting.KnownDimletShapedRecipe.func_77571_b(KnownDimletShapedRecipe.java:21)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.ShapedRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(ShapedRecipeHandler.java:114)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.ShapedRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(ShapedRecipeHandler.java:107)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.getRecipeHandler(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:465)
    at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiCraftingRecipe.openRecipeGui(GuiCraftingRecipe.java:20)
    at codechicken.nei.ItemPanel.mouseUp(ItemPanel.java:258)
    at codechicken.nei.LayoutManager.onMouseUp(LayoutManager.java:166)
    at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.mouseUp(GuiContainerManager.java:365)
    at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.overrideMouseUp(GuiContainerManager.java:357)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146286_b(GuiContainer.java)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:306)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146274_d(GuiContainer.java)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1628)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

It happen when I click on a recipe while in a MP world. Everything work fine when I'm on SP.

On any recipe? Or just on particular recipes? We haven't encountered this in our tests on 1.1.0.

fairyhell

Jul 29, 2019
On any recipe? Or just on particular recipes? We haven't encountered this in our tests on 1.1.0.
Yep, on any recipe. When I click an item on NEI, in Single Player world it's ok. But If I join a LAN game, it crash when doing so.

fairyhell

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, just figure something out. Hope it help to fix the issue

You may know the issue with Botania's soujourner sash that won't work if you log into MP world right away, so I enter my SP world to trigger the effect and then go back to MP.
I'll explain the crash by step.
- First launch Infinity
- Enter MP -> soujourner sash's effect not working -> view recipe -> No Crash.
- Exit MP -> Go to SP -> soujourner sash's effect now working -> (Go back to MP - Optional) -> view recipe -> Crash.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ok, just figure something out. Hope it help to fix the issue

You may know the issue with Botania's soujourner sash that won't work if you log into MP world right away, so I enter my SP world to trigger the effect and then go back to MP.
I'll explain the crash by step.
- First launch Infinity
- Enter MP -> soujourner sash's effect not working -> view recipe -> No Crash.
- Exit MP -> Go to SP -> soujourner sash's effect now working -> (Go back to MP - Optional) -> view recipe -> Crash.

Ok, seems that to work around a bug in one mod you hit a bug in another. I cannot do much about the soujourner's sash but perhaps with this information I can try to figure out what's wrong with the rftools recipe. I'll try to reproduce it by first going to MP, then SP, and then MP again. Thanks for this information.

fairyhell

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, seems that to work around a bug in one mod you hit a bug in another. I cannot do much about the soujourner's sash but perhaps with this information I can try to figure out what's wrong with the rftools recipe. I'll try to reproduce it by first going to MP, then SP, and then MP again. Thanks for this information.
Thanks for quick reply :)
Seem that I wont able to use the sash atm. Do you have any suggestion for sprint assist item? :D
Boot of Traveller gonna take awhile to get to Thaumcraft :(

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Quoting from the What's New - Thread:

Is there a reason why this mod was removed in 1.2.0? I actually liked the ability to not completely depend on mobs to get certain items.

I'm guessing that it just wasn't used that much and didn't add to many things to the pack.

I'm kind of sad to see that the Botania shedding has been turned off, now I actually have to kill the villagers again to get their emeralds.

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing that it just wasn't used that much and didn't add to many things to the pack.

I'm kind of sad to see that the Botania shedding has been turned off, now I actually have to kill the villagers again to get their emeralds.

Too bad. It's those small mods that give packs like this one a bit uniqueness, but hey. If there is no technical reason (conflicts etc) I will probably just add it in again.

About the shedding - I didn't know this was botania, but I always liked it. Meh.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Too bad. It's those small mods that give packs like this one a bit uniqueness, but hey. If there is no technical reason (conflicts etc) I will probably just add it in again.

About the shedding - I didn't know this was botania, but I always liked it. Meh.

there's an expansion planned for the Infinity pack, so who knows, it might get added back in
though just like you, I don't know exactly why it got removed, perhaps there was a problem with it

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Perhaps they should hold off releasing new pack versions until the Change notes are ready?

It doesn't matter much to me since I delete all older worlds and start fresh with every new pack but it would be nice to have the changes available before all the nostalgics who cannot leave an old world have a chance to see if they really want to update :D

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Started to test the pack a bit and I wondered:
Was there any change in the emerald-ore-spawn or is it pushed from very rare to ultra rare because of so many other ores?

I was mining for quiet a while solely under extreme hills biome (I'm playing without biomes o' plenty), found ~10 spot for diamonds, lots of other ores, draconic ore even... but not a single emerald. So slowly wondering if these was a change.
(in another modpack, with alot less ore to generate in the same time I found many emeralds)

[edit]
And now after asking I found one... seems they're just very very rare now with all the other ore. ^^"

Last edited:

SyndiShanX

Jul 29, 2019
How can I downgrade The Forge Because of Chisel Textures Not Appearing?
EDIT: Nevermind I Found Out How!

Last edited: