FTB Infinity Release

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps they should hold off releasing new pack versions until the Change notes are ready?

It doesn't matter much to me since I delete all older worlds and start fresh with every new pack but it would be nice to have the changes available before all the nostalgics who cannot leave an old world have a chance to see if they really want to update :D
The change logs are always done before the pack is pushed to recommended, it's on you if you want to use a non recommended version.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
If you have bugs with Infinity please post them here. I will not offer support in this thread so please do not post them here.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
The change logs are always done before the pack is pushed to recommended, it's on you if you want to use a non recommended version.

Funny... The newest changelog for Infinity in the changelog sction while I was loading and installing 1.2.0 yesterday was 1.1.0.

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
Why was apatite generation from forestry disabled in the config? Are you not supposed to have forestry farms ? o_O

MonkyD

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, hope someone can help. Love this modpack but tried to add the latest HQM mudpack and get a 'Modpack Disabled' error on server restart.

Anyone able to offer and advise on how to get this pack working with infinity? I was hoping to write a simple quest pack for my server.

Cheers,
MonkyD.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So there's your answer. 1.2.0 is available, but it's not recommended yet. The changelog should be published before it goes to recommended.

Yes, I was responding to those who stampede to the newest version before looking for a changelog and then complain that it breaks their worlds.

As I said in my original post, this facet doesn't affect me because I always delete old worlds before loading a new version, recommended or not.

The changelog was up yesterday morning when I checked after posting my reply about it not being there the day before, BTW.

I may be a bit sensitive about changelogs. The MMO I play usually has their changelog posted just after the servers go down for the update,,, If they are a minute late the histrionics from other players start immediately. I know the window is about 4 hours (at one time this was the only game I played so it mattered more) and there's a lot of time for changelogs to be posted.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I was responding to those who stampede to the newest version before looking for a changelog and then complain that it breaks their worlds.

As I said in my original post, this facet doesn't affect me because I always delete old worlds before loading a new version, recommended or not.

The changelog was up yesterday morning when I checked after posting my reply about it not being there the day before, BTW.

I may be a bit sensitive about changelogs. The MMO I play usually has their changelog posted just after the servers go down for the update,,, If they are a minute late the histrionics from other players start immediately. I know the window is about 4 hours (at one time this was the only game I played so it mattered more) and there's a lot of time for changelogs to be posted.
Sorry that's how we do changelogs as they take some time to complete. The other option would be no change logs at all.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How do you ever get anything done if you delete your world with a new version?

I'm a slow learner... I build a standard "base" and play with new tech each time I start over. If I like something it stays in, like TConstruct and EnderIO ore porcessing, and I move on to the next phase.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Sorry that's how we do changelogs as they take some time to complete. The other option would be no change logs at all.

I may have worded things incorrectly... I wasn't complaining about changelog availability so much as about people loading new pack versions without thinking that their precious world could be rendered useless.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
I've updated to the latest version each time since 1.0.0 and my world is still fine. Some things change but that's just how things are. It's not world breaking.

confuded

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to report this as a bug, but is anyone experiencing terrible lag/crashes with tesseracts? I've just place one on a quarry with FTB 1.2.0 (without it being connect to another) and the game froze and crashed.

EDIT: I just loaded it up again and realised the game lags when I look at the tesseract. When I don't it runs fine. I've even take off the Sphax textures.

Last edited:

confuded

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for the link.
I've updated CoFH and TE4, but it did not solve the issue.
My issue by the way was also not only the first time the tesseract is placed, as it states there, but every time it is placed and even for the ones already places after the update.
The issue is also not the placement, rather looking at the tesseract. I can place it and look away and my FPS is just fine. If I am looking from the distance at the tesseract, the lag is less.

I do have optifine...

~confuded

P.S. VeinMein has stopped working with 1.2.0 :(. Pitty... Just loads the game and the world then crashes... Oh well, its not like its officially supported..

Last edited:

MonkyD

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone offer any advice on this?

Cheers, guys.

Hi all, hope someone can help. Love this modpack but tried to add the latest HQM mudpack and get a 'Modpack Disabled' error on server restart.

Anyone able to offer and advise on how to get this pack working with infinity? I was hoping to write a simple quest pack for my server.

Cheers,
MonkyD.