Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Hi, got a crash to report:

Log:
Client: http://pastebin.com/kVCkfaHn (had to cut it at the top because it's too long for pastebin and the website you're using for your "upload log" button is down).
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/2c38a3cd
Server: unfortunately I don't know how to copy+paste from screens that are openened in ssh, but the log looked fine to me. ('Connection reset by peer' looks the same as if I were to pull out my ethernet cable).

Upgraded from FTB 1.1.0 (with dynmap in the mods folder) to 1.4.0 (without dynmap, wanted to install that later), playing on Server, old FTB Server zip is from:
http://www.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/modpacks^FTBInfinity^1_1_0^FTBInfinityServer.zip
(downloaded directly from your website a few days/weeks ago)
new FTB zip (on Server) is from:
http://www.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/modpacks^FTBInfinity^1_4_0^FTBInfinityServer.zip
(changed the URL to 1.4.0 manually because the link is not up to date, both downloaded with wget)
The client executables are what I got from the FTB Launcher.

This happened:
After upgrading I tried to access a few chests, for some chests everything went fine (as expected) but for 2 of my chests the client crashed everytime I tried to open them. The server is still running.
As I went through the crash log I found out that the problem was caused in the ItemRenderer.
Because I couldn't find any info about what Item caused the crash I restarted the client and broke the chest, as expected the client crashed again, this is the error log you see.
As I looked through the crash log again I found out that the entity (droppen item) responsible for the crash seems to be an Iron Spike from Extra Utilities with the ID 500874. Edit1: nevermind the ID, seems to be the 500874th entity on the server or sth, thought that was the Item ID.

The client is Linux Mint with Awesome WM on an asus z97-p, an intel i5-4460 processor, a Geforce 750ti and 16 GB RAM.
The server is a virtual machine with 2 cores and 4 GB RAM on a rented (dedicated) server. The OS is Debian 7.8 and java is jre1.8.0_40, the runscript provided in the zip is run in a screen (so I can disconnect from ssh without killing java).

I have a backup of my world file, so I'm fine that way but we already made quite a bit progress on that server, so a way to remove that item (and maybe other items, that are causing crashes) would be nice.
I also thought about downgrading back to 1.1.0 again and then destroying the "bad" items (Iron Spikes are not really valuable) but I think that there may be more "bad" items and switching between the two versions multiple times to detect and filter out the "bad" items would be a bit too circumstancial with my setup.

Edit2: when searching for Iron Spikes in NEI, they have the fire texture and when clicking on that icon, the game also crashes.
Please do not post crashes in this thread. There are several other valid places to post your support threads

• The Tech Support Section - Here
  • The Tech Support Site - Here
  • The FTB Infinity Bug Report Section - Here
Please make sure you are posting in the right thread before you post.

Thanks.

Zoolder

Jul 29, 2019
Where would I go to see a detailed list of patch notes for 1.5.1? I'm hesitant to upgrade as I don't want to break my map, I would also just like to read the patch notes every update but can never seem to find them. Sorry if this is a silly question.

Reactions: Flipz

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm wondering if this modpack will have any new mods added in the near future?

I doubt it, maybe small utility mods, nothing that adds worldgen in a stable modpack.

I'm guessing that they're busy with new packs at the moment, with Departed and Daybreaker on the way among others. Other than minor bugfixes/config tweaks, they may be conceptualizing the new version for 1.8 (fingers crossed).

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm guessing that they're busy with new packs at the moment, with Departed and Daybreaker on the way among others. Other than minor bugfixes/config tweaks, they may be conceptualizing the new version for 1.8 (fingers crossed).
We don't know when we'll be moving to 1.8, let alone when it will be possible. Although some mods have moved to 1.8, the majority of them are on 1.7. Unfortunatly, aside from a likely "Unstable" pack for 1.8 by Prog, the chances are that we'll be making 1.7 packs for much of the forseeable future. We've already got 1.7 packs planned until around August.

Reactions: Padfoote

PDalberg

Jul 29, 2019
umm It always crashes it doesn't even go into the login screen just as its done loading the mods, crash it always crashes please what do i do i really want to play on a ftb infinity server with my friends

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is the Aura Bee from Magic Bees obtainable in this pack? If so, how do I get one? Alternatively, does anyone know what bee has the "fastest" trait, which the wiki only lists the Aura Bee as having?

Seems Thaumic Bees is not in the pack, so does that mean I can't get it?

Last edited:

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
I went through the modlist and you guys are amazing. I will change it a bit for me, but I have 2 little questions.

Why isn't ExtraCells part of the pack? I just would like to know what to expect when I add it manually. Issues with compatibility/ performance?
I think I know the answer to the second question, RotaryCraft isn't part of the pack because of the performance, right?

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I went through the modlist and you guys are amazing. I will change it a bit for me, but I have 2 little questions.

Why isn't ExtraCells part of the pack? I just would like to know what to expect when I add it manually. Issues with compatibility/ performance?
I think I know the answer to the second question, RotaryCraft isn't part of the pack because of the performance, right?

Note that I don't know the reasoning for why mods are / are not included in packs, this is just what I think:

ExtraCells probably either wasn't fully stable at the time of pack creation. If you add it now I would treat it like any other mod and back everything up before adding it just in case. RotaryCraft on the other hand doesn't have all that large of performance impact, so that will (most likely) not be the reason.

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
Note that I don't know the reasoning for why mods are / are not included in packs, this is just what I think:

ExtraCells probably either wasn't fully stable at the time of pack creation. If you add it now I would treat it like any other mod and back everything up before adding it just in case. RotaryCraft on the other hand doesn't have all that large of performance impact, so that will (most likely) not be the reason.
Thank you very much for your answer.