FTB Infinity Release

HogensHero

Jul 29, 2019
Are you 100% positive that the version of Infinity you have on your server is the same as your clients? Just a thought.

Actually I thought of that as well so I personally downloaded the updated launcher and opened it on my own system. I had the same error on the newest and first old versions of the launcher.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I thought of that as well so I personally downloaded the updated launcher and opened it on my own system. I had the same error on the newest and first old versions of the launcher.
What do you mean version of launcher? What version of Infinity are you using?

Frostwolf_RK

Jul 29, 2019
well... the world becomes invisible when i break any blocks in the world... anyone knows what can be done about this?

HogensHero

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

Well success, we got it to work in multicraft. We had to change one thing in the ServerStart.sh file. Here are the lines that were changed.

Original line:
java -server -Xms512m -Xmx2048M -XX: PermSize=256m -d64 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX: ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10 -jar FTBServer-1.7.10-1291.jar nogui

Edited line:
java -server -Xms512m -Xmx2048M -XX: PermSize=256m -d64 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX: ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10 -jar ftbserver.jar nogui

(Make sure you remove the spaces after the XX: it was making smilies.)

So if any of you guys run into this issue hopefully this will help.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
True, but also remember that everyone just returned from PAXEast and are in recovery mode if not rehab :D

because of that I actually think they'll rather release a new update that'll be recommended than making 1.2.1 recommended, because alot of mods have been updated since 1.2.1

asdfasdfasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I started a cool challenge on this modpack. I hope you guys check it out. I don't mean to spam or anything...

If you guys want me to remove the post, if you think it's spam, just send me a message.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hey guys, I started a cool challenge on this modpack. I hope you guys check it out. I don't mean to spam or anything...

If you guys want me to remove the post, if you think it's spam, just send me a message.

If that's not an FtB pack it should probably be in the "Third Party Pack" thread, not a thread dedicated to infinity in the "Feed the Beast News" thread...

Just sayin'.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How do i enable fastcraft it is for sure not enabled by default.
Near the top center of the FTB launcher window, there should be a button labeled "Edit Modpack". Make sure you've got Infinity selected on the left panel, then click this button. It'll open a window with two text boxes: one on the left with a whole bunch of mod names, and one on the right with only a few. If Fastcraft is listed in the right box, that means it's disabled. Select it, then click a button labeled "Enable" or something similar, and it'll move Fastcraft to the left box. Click Done or close the popup window, and you should be good to go.

Saltydbs

Jul 29, 2019
So why is this modpack as a server pushing my ram past 5 gigs after around 2-3hrs? I've ran much bigger packs that don't have that issue, any other server admins getting something like this?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
So why is this modpack as a server pushing my ram past 5 gigs after around 2-3hrs? I've ran much bigger packs that don't have that issue, any other server admins getting something like this?
Yeah, I have to re-boot my SSP world every couple of hours, especially if I've travelled to other dimensions.

flick

Jul 29, 2019
hi there i can't create a 1.2.1 bug report for some reason so i am putting it here

for some reason since we have updated to 1.2.1 i can't seem to look at a active tesseract with out my frame's dropping down to 1-2 fps does any one know of a fix for this

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
hi there i can't create a 1.2.1 bug report for some reason so i am putting it here

for some reason since we have updated to 1.2.1 i can't seem to look at a active tesseract with out my frame's dropping down to 1-2 fps does any one know of a fix for this
I'm going to take a guess that you are using Optifine and/or a custom texture pack?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Wait, you're having that bug in 1.2.1, but not some earlier version of Infinity? That leads me to think that that's due to a bug in TE introduced in that version, or a cross-mod bug due to another update.

Which version of Infinity, in particular, did you update from?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

You can get rid of the lag by going into config/cofh/core/client.cfg and finding this line:
Code:
B:EnableShaderEffects=true
and changing it to false.