FTB Infinity 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Did you go creative to get to your grave?

I'm just going by personal experience here :)

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
HEEEELP!
so now that i got ur attention
Its not about infinity though but agrarian skies 2
How can i make an Automated input into a smeltery so It can pull any item in There but only 1 Type at a time? sorting pipe from ExU Doesnt work cuz the Transfer pipe is durpy
Second how can i tell something (which hopefully ur gonna tell me the Name of) that extracts to only extract 4 of 1 Type of item nothing less nothing More?
I know direwolf20 did It on his infinity skyblock but i missed the how
Thanks for helping! <3

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
This is obviously a conflict between OpenBlocks and Tinkers' construct mods. I have been searching the logs( needle in a hay stack) for some hint to the conflict, but I suspect Tinkers' Construct is using an item naming format, the grave program does not recognize, since the grave program does quite well, with everything else. Definitely a bug to be reported to Tinkers' Construct mod authors. These people, at Feed the Beast, can be very good at Modpacks, but actual mod bugs, should be reported, to the mod author, so FTB can update a modpack properly. In the meantime I will look a bit deeper into the issue.

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
EEuuww, that's right, I keep forgetting most everyone has moved on to MC 1.8.9.
As for the missing Grave items error, I will have to say, unless somebody who really knows Java and can get the source code, this issue will not get fixed.
My sincere apologies.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

Calech

Jul 29, 2019
Any fix for the not working backpacks? I really miss them.

Forestry backpacks? Delete the 'backpacks.cfg' file from the Forestry config folder (/config/forestry), and it will generate a new one. Note that if you are running a server this may also need to be done server-side.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Currently grumbling about the state of my apiary setup.

I prioritised the breeding of bee types with max traits for me to isolate, but I haven't made a gendustry template to put the max traits in yet so my bee species each have their stock traits.

Which means I have withering, flammable and aggressive bees attacking me the moment I walk through the door XD

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
More grumbling.

What happened to the ChickenChunks(?) chunk loader? It's not in Infinity any more...

The MFR one is ludicrously expensive compared

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
More grumbling.

What happened to the ChickenChunks(?) chunk loader? It's not in Infinity any more...

The MFR one is ludicrously expensive compared
The mod is still there, but it's disabled by default. Make sure to re-enable the mod every time there's a pack update before you load up your world or all placed chunkloaders will vanish :(
Some people have reported problems with FTBUtilities, and the ChickenChunks are much less hassle for keeping a large section of your base loaded. Or when the map has trouble displaying your actual base boundaries.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm, as usual, very late to the party. Let's talk about Immersive Engineering.

Let's talk about the slowness of steel production and the amount needed to set up the infrastructure for a diesel engine, a diesel engine and an excavator. It ain't easy. Not at all. So why the nerf? I just want someone to help me understand the need to push everyone into Big Reactors. What's the point of a kitchen sink pack if, for certain things (in this case, energy production), there is no viable alternative?

I say there isn't because no other way uses so "few" resources. Or maybe I'm not looking at the right place, or hard enough.

Can I have some comments on the reason for this? As I've said, I'm curious and I can't figure the reasoning. Thanks.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
There was a nerf?

I only ask because I always install RotaryCraft into my packs and, thus, have relatively simple steel production going as soon as I build up a reasonable coal and gunpowder supply.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
This happened, I think, on 2.2.0. I only started tinkering with IE recently and, after watching some spotlights and going through the manual I noticed that the Diesel Engine's power output was nerfed to 1/4 and I think I read (not sure on this last thing) that the time the Excavator can dig was nerfed, as well.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Is this only on hard mode? If not, I might need to change some configs in my SSP instance, then, because that's bullshit.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know about hard mode, but it sure as hell is on normal. Is it on the mod config file? Because I want to use this, but if they want to force me to produce and feed 4 of these monsters just to feed 1 excavator, I refuse. Will, if I can tinker the config.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'll give 'er a look-see...bingo, found it!

You want I:"Diesel Generator: Output"=1024 in ImmersiveEngineering.cfg. Set that to its normal default, and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. This helps me do stuff. Too bad I got no one from the development team to enlighten me/us on this. I find it a very odd call.

Oh, well, at least it's not hard coded *cough*passivemanageneration*cough*