FTB Infinity 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
i cant seem to make any conduits
Leadstone Energy Conduit
Hardened Energy Conduit
Redstone Energy Conduit

does ftb infinity not include them i made a magmatic dynamo and now i have no way too hook it up to anything
Thermal Expansion 4 split off the conduits from their main mod, and the conduits aren't out yet. Use Ender IO conduits, or Extra Utilities.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Is emerald ore no longer present in Extreme Hills? I don't see emeralds in any of the COFH oregen config files.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It is there. I found it a few days ago.

Are they up high? I've got a 64x64 quarry going that I started at y-level 52, it is down around y-level 11 now, has produced ~30 diamonds and 0 emeralds. All of it is within Extreme Hills biomes.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Are they up high? I've got a 64x64 quarry going that I started at y-level 52, it is down around y-level 11 now, has produced ~30 diamonds and 0 emeralds. All of it is within Extreme Hills biomes.
I don't think so. I needed the emerald ore for some recipe so I started making a strip mining tunnel In an extreme hills biome and found some within 5 minutes on the way down when I started at 64. I assume because it is not designated in the cofh vanilla json that it uses vanilla spawn rates which off the top of my head is height 0 to 32.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that quarry finished. No emeralds. Seems like it would require some really bad luck to not find any at all in a 64x64 Extreme Hills quarry. That makes it rarer than Draconium.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Umm graves are enabled so your stuff was safe in a grave

Oh well. Already deleted it. LOL My problem was that I stupidly had every last bit of food on me when I died - 16 cooked pork chops (I had only played for less than one real day). When I respawned after dying, my food bar was empty which was rather shocking to me since it was completely full when I died. Okay, no matter, starving to death with hearts disappearing, I ran down the 40 flights of stairs to the Abandoned Mineshaft because my absolute priority HAD TO BE to get to that food supply. Naturally when I got there, the cave spider was still there and killed me again. That's when I ragequit. I never even saw a gravestone because I never had time to look. But you have explained sufficiently why I did not see items scattered all over the floor like I expected.

Well, that quarry finished. No emeralds. Seems like it would require some really bad luck to not find any at all in a 64x64 Extreme Hills quarry. That makes it rarer than Draconium.

They are definitely not rare, I settled down in Extreme Hills biome (like I always prefer to do if possible) and as I built my staircase down to bedrock from the top of my mountain abode (okay, technically it was just a boring cave LOL), I gathered at least 5 emeralds while digging down. I'd say you weren't actually in Extreme Hills. Are you using Biomes O'Plenty? That's what I was using, and my Extreme Hills wasn't so "extreme", it was rather small and the majority of the land area was actually called "Highlands" biome. I always press F3 and take a look at the biome to determine the limits of the emerald ores.

All of it is within Extreme Hills biomes.

If you are 100% certain of that, then we have a real mystery on our hands here. :)

What biomes option did you select at world startup? vanilla, BOP, or what?

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using BoP, and it is Extreme Hills. It looks like Extreme Hills and it says Extreme Hills on the F3 page.

Extreme Hills according to Mapwriter:
MJePWbj.jpg

Extreme Hills according to F3:
hhBDEaq.jpg

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the bare rock on the surface seems to be a dead giveaway that it is EH biome. My EH looked exactly the same. Well I'm stumped then.

My next step would be to backup my world (i.e. copy your "saves" and "journeymap" folders to a temporary location) and run /cofh clearblocks to try and see exactly where (or if) the emerald ores show up. Then exit the game, delete those two folder and restore your saved backup folders. At least you'll be reasonably certain whether emerald ore exists in your world.

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2labm6/is_there_a_mod_that_can_instantly_or_quickly/

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
TIME OUT

check this thread out - it has been reported as a bug - you must have started your world in v1.0.2 and not in an earlier version, correct? I began my world as a v1.0.1 world so for me, the emerald ores were already "in place" and the bug didn't affect me I guess.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-0-2-emerald-ores-dont-generate-in-the-overworld.64598/

Is emerald ore no longer present in Extreme Hills? I don't see emeralds in any of the COFH oregen config files.

Good call twisto - you actually hit on the answer right there, I think, without anyone realizing it. Sux tho - you might have to either (a) begin a new world once the bug is fixed, or (b) go back to v1.0.1 and begin a new world then immediately update, or (c) wait until the bug is fixed and move your base of operations to chunks that weren't loaded previously.

Thinking a bit more about this... perhaps you did start your world in v1.0.1 or earlier, but maybe you updated to v1.0.2 and then moved your base into some newly explored chunks? That would do it too I guess.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've been out of the loop for so long I have no idea on how to progress besides the vanilla stuff. Is there a quick short progress list?
Also if I put walls with a fence on the side, things can't climb up can they?

that's the great part about kitchensink packs, there's no correct progression path, you do what you like whenever you want, that's the point of a kitchensink pack.
if you prefer staying in the vanilla part of the game, you can, but if you like to do some real big mechanical builds, you can aswell. only want to play with magic? sure, also possible.
want to embrace the inner farmer inside yourself? we've got mods for that aswell

and I really hate the emerald distribution in minecraft, they should just generate them in every biome but perhaps have them generate slightly less often in biomes other than extreme hills

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Can I still melt villagers in the smeltery? I've been getting emeralds from the nether but that might be easier.

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
not only can you melt them for emeralds they also shed them occasionally so you can just sit them on a hopper and get a slow trickle

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
not only can you melt them for emeralds they also shed them occasionally so you can just sit them on a hopper and get a slow trickle

hopper? just have them standing in the smeltery. any dropped item in the smeltery gets picked up by the smeltery controller, so you should be able to pipe out the emeralds from the controller before they melt down.
ofcourse until that moment where you've enough of emeralds and don't need the villagers anymore, then you just smelt something up in the smeltery and await the cries of pain and death before you're literally swimming in emeralds.

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't they change breeding? Don't you have to trade with them inorder for them to even have a chance to breed? Or is that 1.8.X

skruis

Jul 29, 2019
i cant seem to make any conduits
Leadstone Energy Conduit
Hardened Energy Conduit
Redstone Energy Conduit

does ftb infinity not include them i made a magmatic dynamo and now i have no way too hook it up to anything

I used Kineses pipes with my big reactors and off of a steam dynamo. Just make sure to put a ... input pipe into the top of the dynamo and then u can use standard pipes from there out.

As far as mods I've added: BetterStorage (for the backpacks), enhancedportals (out of need), armorstatushud, statuseffecthud (cause they're cool) and I've tweaked the netherores config files because steel wasn't generating for me.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't they change breeding? Don't you have to trade with them inorder for them to even have a chance to breed? Or is that 1.8.X

they work fine for me, if there's a change it's probably in 1.8.0 as I don't see anything like that in 1.7.10

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
Is Twilight Forest's Deadrock supposed to spawn in the overworld? i ask because i came across some while digging into a mountain. i cheated in a few different picks but none could break it. i should mention that i added Iguana Tweaks to the pack.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Is Twilight Forest's Deadrock supposed to spawn in the overworld? i ask because i came across some while digging into a mountain. i cheated in a few different picks but none could break it. i should mention that i added Iguana Tweaks to the pack.
Your biome configs are conflicting and it causes twilight forest biome to spawn in over world. Change them in twilight forest config And they will stop generating in new chunks.