FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
My Mainspring from clockworkphase isn't getting any tension
View attachment 20542
I surrounded it with invar blocks in the screenshot, one of the higher tiers metals, as said "Almost any metal will work." The invar was also shown in one of the spotlights. Iron doesn't work either.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: This is a regular crafting table
I think from other posts concerning Clockwork Phase, you have to use the mods crafting table (whatever that is) to do that in.

Reactions: D4rkWulf

Lukipie

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance of updating mekanism some time soon? have experienced a crash on my server hooking up a gas burning generator that seems to have been noticed... update is might be my only hope! :( :(

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance of updating mekanism some time soon? have experienced a crash on my server hooking up a gas burning generator that seems to have been noticed... update is might be my only hope! :( :(
i recommend upgrading on your own, I know that upgrading to the latest version of the Mekanism family of mods (Mekanism, Mekanism Tools and Mekanism Generators) has solved at least one other Daybreaker player's issue. I am on the latest versions myself with no issues.

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
What Quiverbow weapons are worth using? Looking for direct damage because debuffs aren't my priority when killing mobs.
I love the pack though! I'm really enjoying getting to know some of these mods that i've never used before. I really hope Aura Cascade, EssentialCraft 3 and ESPECIALLY Clockwork Phase get added to the normal FTB rotation.

Seriously, Clockwork Phase is the best thing ever. I wish it could replace Tinker's Construct. And it's not even complete yet.

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
What Quiverbow weapons are worth using?

It depends. If you have Difficult Life enabled, then probably none of them; you will want to be able to fly, snipe at long distance from elevation with a laser rifle and avoid melee with blights at all cost unless you are in endgame armor with other forms of protection (specifically anything that will save you from insta death from armor penetration).

If not, pretty much any of them will do if you have the infrastructure to support their ammo requirements. The Soul Cairn is a somewhat expensive replacement for a MFR Safari Net and launcher (did not appear to work on Endermen in creative, though). The top end crossbow (I think its the Improved Auto Crossbow) works fine, but its range is pretty short, especially if you are used to Tinkers projectile weapons. There are several machine gun equivalents that spam great amounts of cheap ammo in a satisfying manner, though they need time to spin up and do not do much damage, though their knockback ability has some utility in certain situations.

Flaxbeards weapons are fun, once you get the ammo sorted out. You can get infinite gunpowder either from cobble (Mekanism crusher, cobble to gravel, AMT Jaw Crusher = Gravel to Flint and Sand, Mekanism Crusher will turn the flint into gunpowder, AMT Jaw Crusher will turn sand to clay, EssentialCraft Mithriline Furnace will turn clay into gunpowder), Matter Overdrive, EE3 or, of course, through a creeper or witch spawner. You can user iron, silver, lead or steel nuggets to make the musket cartridges. I know a flintlock musket will one shot most mobs other than zombies (though it will occasionally do so with them also), and with the spyglass upgrade you can do it from a great distance away. Makes a great big boom, too.

The ES3 guns are interesting and powerful from playing around with them in creative, but I do not know enough about them to compare them to other weapons in terms of ease of maintenance/infrastructure required.

The Mekanism flamethrower is also great fun, but it will destroy blocks.

Last edited:

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the Difficult Life mod; I see in the config for it that you can blacklist entities from being eligible from spawning as Blights. In the stock config, none appear to be blacklisted. I am considering blacklisting the passive mobs. Running around outside with a jetpack, currently at the Insane level on the Difficult Life bar, I see many passive mobs spawned as Blights. They are no threat, but they are running around in circles at Speed 9. As the world progresses, that may cause issues with the games performance. However, most of these mobs are not in my spawn chunks, so they will not be loaded normally; that should mitigate the issue.

I may exclude Endermen as well. I will occasionally see a rapidly teleporting Enderman on fire aboveground. If you have played Minecraft long enough, you have seen the same thing, if an Enderman catches on fire (usually from lava). However, in this case, these are Blights, and they are teleporting much faster than normal, to the extent it may cause game issues. I have not encountered any issues with it yet so far, however.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

ThePyroPaladin

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing this, mostly focusing on Extra Utilities and EE3
3 days ago, many items from Extra Utilities, such as the compressed cobbles, the transfer nodes and pipes all owned their own EMC values.
Today, they are all gone. Is this intentional?
I set up a massive system, and is a pity that this happened.
Version 1.02 had the values, and mine still says 1.02 so I didn't update.I don't know what is happening ;/
Someone have some advice?

ALSO: Many other items, such as buckets, had EMC values, but now do not. It seems many items lost their EMC values. :?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
3 days ago, many items from Extra Utilities, such as the compressed cobbles, the transfer nodes and pipes all owned their own EMC values.
Version 1.02 had the values, and mine still says 1.02 so I didn't update.I don't know what is happening ;/

ALSO: Many other items, such as buckets, had EMC values, but now do not. It seems many items lost their EMC values. :?
Yeah, this is a common issue. People like @D4rkWulf have done a bunch of research, and it boils down to probably being a bug with EE3; it's not intended and will hopefully be fixed.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019

I've actually had the opposite problem. The only thing that had EMC values for me were materials, like ingots, wood, planks, cobble, stone, sand, glass, but not bricks, sticks or anything needs to be crafted like books. I loaded up a new world this morning and saw a bunch of emc values on things.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually had the opposite problem. The only thing that had EMC values for me were materials, like ingots, wood, planks, cobble, stone, sand, glass, but not bricks, sticks or anything needs to be crafted like books. I loaded up a new world this morning and saw a bunch of emc values on things.
Wouldn't call that a problem :p

Lomeli12

Jul 29, 2019

To fix this, you can either A) if you have EE3Helper installed, use the command /ee3h regen or B) go into the save folder for your world and delete data/ee3/energyvalues to force a regen on next load.

Last edited:

Dubwizer

Jul 29, 2019
Please help =)

What pipe/transporter do I use to connect to a Purification Chamber to feed it ore? I have tried both on my server instance and in creative:
Basic Logistical Transporter
Diversion Transporter (with redstone signal)
EX Transfer Pipe from a EX Transfer Node (Items)
My oxygen flowing from my Electrolytic Separator flows fine to the Purification Chamber, no matter how "side config" is set up (even with everything set to grey) ;/

I used a Configurator on any instance using logistical transporters to set transporter from inventory (tried vanilla chest and improved stone chest) as "pull" and transporter touching Purification Chamber as both "push" and "normal" separately.
I have disabled and enabled Strict Input - using color matching basic logistical transporters (I used black to avoid close color mishaps like the greens so there would be no near color misses)
With strict input disabled I configured the "Side Config" (Input)to match up with (singularly): Top, bottom, left, right, back, front. Matching Transporter or Transfer Pipe accordingly.
With strict input disabled I configured all sides simultaneously in the "Side Config" to be "input" and surrounded the Purification chamber in Basic Logistical Transporters.

Ore and Shards (tried both) will not flow to a Purification Chamber.

I can successfully feed ore to my Enrichment Chamber with both Basic Logistical Transporters and EX Transfer Node.

When I use EX Transfer Node I get the message "Searching for Inventories at 0, 0, 0 (point of connection)

So am I glitched? An idiot? Both?

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I had the same issue and I solved it by wrapping the purification chamber into its factory version.

Dubwizer

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

I started a daybreaker party a few days ago and I now came to a point where enhanced chests or drawers are just not sufficient enough (digital miners and mob farms producing a lot of ressources). I was used to the wonderful combo of ae2 drives + dsu but here none is available (that's the point of the modpack :) ) I have seen mekanism electrical chests or ee3 chests but they do not seem to make the cut.

What are the other options I have for storage in daybreaker ?

Cee Jay

Jul 29, 2019
RFTools has a storage system, I believe it goes up to 300 slots per block or something, I haven't messed with it too much yet. I'd honestly just turn all the EMC-able stuff into Aeternalis Fuel (its sort of like a magic AE2) and then use storage drawers with a emerald and void upgrade for the rest of the stackable items (without EMC) and then RFTools storage for non-stackable things. I haven't had any problems with EMC on the server I'm playing on but that probably wouldn't be an option for everyone so YMMV.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
I dont understand emc... I tried copying in the file provided to config folder and no new values were added... i tried deleting saves>data>ee3>energyvalues folder - nothing... i even tried putting the files into the ee3>energyvalues archives and still no new values!!! even made a new world! no new values! WHY?!