FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
Having great fun exploring the pack, big thanks! Mekanism especially, I love the more involved processing. The big demanding multiblock machines was the main reason I liked GregTech.

Looking for documentation online I noticed that the Mekanism version in Daybreaker is quite a bit behind the latest release. Is there a reason for that?

Last edited:

Halkhan

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone encountered an effect that drops you to 1/2 heart? Like radiation poisoning or something. If so, is there a cure? Maybe an effect of MRU?

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
So here is a list of some of my energy values for EE3. Some of them I still have to implement so I haven't tested them yet.
The values of world gen blocks I based on rarity of orbs in perspective to the vanilla ores.
The liquids I calculated by looking what how much items were needed in the magma crucible to get 1000mb.. and that devided by a thousand
And the rest I calculated based on recipe expense and added them up.
I'll try and derp around with it this weekend probably so I'll add my energy_value config file later, probably with some more values
Bronze: 224
Steel: 384
Invar: 1,280
Lumium: 2,592
Enderium: 2,688
Electrum: 3,082
Bedrockium Ingot: 73,728

32: Nether Quartz
Blocks: 288 (+ Burnt Quartz (extrautils:decorativeBlock1.2))​
64: ~
128: Copper, Aluminium, Zinc, Manganese
256: Iron, Tin, Certus Quartz, Charged Certus Quartz, Osmium
Blocks: 2,304
Nuggets: 28​
512: Lead, Yellorium
1024: Ender Pearl, Ferrous, Silver
2048: Gold, Ruby, Saphire, Peridot
Blocks: 18,432
Nuggets: 227​
4096: Shiny
8192: Diamond, Emerald
Blocks: 73728​

//==================Liquids=================
Resonant Ender: 0.4096 (1 bucket = 4 enderpearls = 4096)
Distabalized Redstone: 0.800
Energized Glowstone: 0.1536

//====================Things that did not worked before=======================
8: Chest, Furnace
9: Torch, Redstone Torch
32: Paper, Sugar
160: Book
288: Redstone Block
768: Bucket, Blaze Powder

Heads: 2048 (Skeleton, Zombie, Creeper), 4096 (Wither Skeleton)

Last edited:

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
I'll put these into the base pack once I'm able to do that, but for now, I'll link it in the first post of this thread. Thank you so much!

I believe the problem with Thermal Foundation due to the thermal foundation stuff being named something ridiculous like "thermalfoundation:material:(metadata)", with them all sharing the same base item ID but different meta. For Mekanism, try doing it as an itemstack instead of orestack.

I made the first page! :eek:
JK. Just know it is an unfinished list with only a few extra's.
I also noticed so said you had to make a new config file for each world... but mine worked fine for both worlds... that said I didn't even find the energy values in the saves/[world name] folder... just a folder with the data of which items you have unlocked. At least... I'm editing the /config/energy_values.json file... so I'm not even working in the /saves/ folder and it works for both my test world and survival world. Even when I edit things, I just have to restart ftb and continue playing to apply the changes.

Other than that. I'll be trying the itemstack for mekanism this weekend and other stuff and I might have found the naming for thermalfoundation items, but also that will be for the weekend.
If all goes well, I'll be posting another config file somewhere at sunday, but don't expect too much xD.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I made the first page! :eek:
JK. Just know it is an unfinished list with only a few extra's.
I also noticed so said you had to make a new config file for each world... but mine worked fine for both worlds... that said I didn't even find the energy values in the saves/[world name] folder... just a folder with the data of which items you have unlocked. At least... I'm editing the /config/energy_values.json file... so I'm not even working in the /saves/ folder and it works for both my test world and survival world. Even when I edit things, I just have to restart ftb and continue playing to apply the changes.

Other than that. I'll be trying the itemstack for mekanism this weekend and other stuff and I might have found the naming for thermalfoundation items, but also that will be for the weekend.
If all goes well, I'll be posting another config file somewhere at sunday, but don't expect too much xD.
It's not like it won't work with other worlds, its that it won't fill the worlds without the user dragging the file into the folder.

Halkhan

Jul 29, 2019
Please help =)

What pipe/transporter do I use to connect to a Purification Chamber to feed it ore? I have tried both on my server instance and in creative:
Basic Logistical Transporter
Diversion Transporter (with redstone signal)
EX Transfer Pipe from a EX Transfer Node (Items)
My oxygen flowing from my Electrolytic Separator flows fine to the Purification Chamber, no matter how "side config" is set up (even with everything set to grey) ;/

I used a Configurator on any instance using logistical transporters to set transporter from inventory (tried vanilla chest and improved stone chest) as "pull" and transporter touching Purification Chamber as both "push" and "normal" separately.
I have disabled and enabled Strict Input - using color matching basic logistical transporters (I used black to avoid close color mishaps like the greens so there would be no near color misses)
With strict input disabled I configured the "Side Config" (Input)to match up with (singularly): Top, bottom, left, right, back, front. Matching Transporter or Transfer Pipe accordingly.
With strict input disabled I configured all sides simultaneously in the "Side Config" to be "input" and surrounded the Purification chamber in Basic Logistical Transporters.

Ore and Shards (tried both) will not flow to a Purification Chamber.

I can successfully feed ore to my Enrichment Chamber with both Basic Logistical Transporters and EX Transfer Node.

When I use EX Transfer Node I get the message "Searching for Inventories at 0, 0, 0 (point of connection)

So am I glitched? An idiot? Both?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegreatpl

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Any interest/intent to add Gany's mods? I remember having fun with them in the first Horizon. Not sure they have been featured since.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Please help =)

What pipe/transporter do I use to connect to a Purification Chamber to feed it ore? I have tried both on my server instance and in creative:
Basic Logistical Transporter
Diversion Transporter (with redstone signal)
EX Transfer Pipe from a EX Transfer Node (Items)
My oxygen flowing from my Electrolytic Separator flows fine to the Purification Chamber, no matter how "side config" is set up (even with everything set to grey) ;/

I used a Configurator on any instance using logistical transporters to set transporter from inventory (tried vanilla chest and improved stone chest) as "pull" and transporter touching Purification Chamber as both "push" and "normal" separately.
I have disabled and enabled Strict Input - using color matching basic logistical transporters (I used black to avoid close color mishaps like the greens so there would be no near color misses)
With strict input disabled I configured the "Side Config" (Input)to match up with (singularly): Top, bottom, left, right, back, front. Matching Transporter or Transfer Pipe accordingly.
With strict input disabled I configured all sides simultaneously in the "Side Config" to be "input" and surrounded the Purification chamber in Basic Logistical Transporters.

Ore and Shards (tried both) will not flow to a Purification Chamber.

I can successfully feed ore to my Enrichment Chamber with both Basic Logistical Transporters and EX Transfer Node.

When I use EX Transfer Node I get the message "Searching for Inventories at 0, 0, 0 (point of connection)

So am I glitched? An idiot? Both?

Thank you in advance.

I have got it to work. Make sure you have:

- The Logistic Pipe attached to the inventory set to "Pull" from the inventory end

- Set the pipe to dark red just for consistency sake

- set the chamber input face to red (for input).

- set the output face to blue (for output)

- set the chamber side of the output pipe to "Pull"

- set the output pipe to dark blue for consistency sake.

If all that does not work, upgrade to latest version of Mekanism, Mekanism Generator and Mekanism Tools (what I am testing on).

Also of note; a Mekanism machine (at least a purification chamber) generates heat like a torch while in operation, and will melt ice (placed my test setup on some ice in creative). Actually, it probably IS a torch, since it emits the same amount of light.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• 2015-06-26_11.16.02.png
    2015-06-26_11.16.02.png
    910.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Reactions: Halkhan

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
So as I said, I've been derping around today with the EE3 energy_values and honestly.. my brain is dying.
I got to a point the config list stopped assigning values so I thought, let's make a copy of the current config list and get back to the default config list.
By adding and derp around with the values of chests and furnaces I figured out from this is the following:
I have no idea how EE3 reads this config list, but it's messed up.

I added values for the chest -> restart ftb -> chest has no energy value
Add value for furnace -> restart ftb -> not just the furnace, but suddenly the chest and compressed cobblestone, torches, books ect. have an energy value.
When I remove the chest value (at least when I only added chest and furnace) both these two and all other suddenly added values dissapeared and were still gone after a re-added the chest value.

When added the two above, also the bucket get's an energy value. However adding a value in the config list for bucket (like when you want to have it a higher/lower value than the added recipe components) it keeps the 768, so it probably prioritizes the code generated values above the config list.

Other than that, using only the default config list, iron nuggets and block of iron both have an energy value, while a block of gold and a golden nugget have none.
Adding the value for a golden nugget, results in nothing. No energy value.

Conclusion:
The problem lies not in the naming and item ids. The problem is something I cannot think of and cannot fix without derping into the code. Could be a pack bug, could be a mod bug.
Yes I probably can go read the EE3 code on github, but I also got a live and trying to figure something like that out with unfamiliar code takes a lot of time. I also have a life beside this (i really do) so I really don't feel like doing this.
However adding energy values and such is pretty quickly done, so if this problem has been resolved I'll continue adding (if the fix doesn't bring along all the energy values ofc xD).

P.S.
It could also very well be that I'm stupid so beforehand I'll ask for forgiveness, but my brain is dead tired atm xD

Halkhan

Jul 29, 2019
I have got it to work. Make sure you have:

- The Logistic Pipe attached to the inventory set to "Pull" from the inventory end

- Set the pipe to dark red just for consistency sake

- set the chamber input face to red (for input).

- set the output face to blue (for output)

- set the chamber side of the output pipe to "Pull"

- set the output pipe to dark blue for consistency sake.

If all that does not work, upgrade to latest version of Mekanism, Mekanism Generator and Mekanism Tools (what I am testing on).

Also of note; a Mekanism machine (at least a purification chamber) generates heat like a torch while in operation, and will melt ice (placed my test setup on some ice in creative). Actually, it probably IS a torch, since it emits the same amount of light.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks for the assist! I'll upgrade the Mekanism jars when I get home this afternoon and give it a go. As for the list of items... did them all, a few times. Typically I like to figure stuff out on my own but this had me going bonkers. Curious to know if you had any difficulty setting up for the build you did for the screen shot or was it pretty straight forward? I mean I set up my enrichment chamber and it was simple.

ScrufffyJoe

Jul 29, 2019
I can't break any blocks on my server unless using the correct tool. Is this a feature? If so, which mod is it in, because I'd kind of like to remove it.

I also (don't know if related to above) cannot access the items I have stored in drawers (at least, not by right or left-clicking). I can put items in drawers fine, but cannot get anything out! I can also access the GUI that shows what is inside the drawers, but that doesn't help me get the items out. Is this supposed to be happening?

Halkhan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the assist! I'll upgrade the Mekanism jars when I get home this afternoon and give it a go. As for the list of items... did them all, a few times. Typically I like to figure stuff out on my own but this had me going bonkers. Curious to know if you had any difficulty setting up for the build you did for the screen shot or was it pretty straight forward? I mean I set up my enrichment chamber and it was simple.

Got a reply from dev:
aidancbrady commented 8 minutes ago

Update Mekanism, this was a bug :)

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I can't break any blocks on my server unless using the correct tool. Is this a feature? If so, which mod is it in, because I'd kind of like to remove it.

I also (don't know if related to above) cannot access the items I have stored in drawers (at least, not by right or left-clicking). I can put items in drawers fine, but cannot get anything out! I can also access the GUI that shows what is inside the drawers, but that doesn't help me get the items out. Is this supposed to be happening?
Sounds like you're in adventure mode.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
My Mainspring from clockworkphase isn't getting any tension
tension.png
I surrounded it with invar blocks in the screenshot, one of the higher tiers metals, as said "Almost any metal will work." The invar was also shown in one of the spotlights. Iron doesn't work either.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: This is a regular crafting table

Toddythebody

Jul 29, 2019
A creeper blew up my transmutation tablet. I'm trying to make another but the chalk just draws the design instead of making the tablet. I'm holding shift while right clicking. Is it intended to only be able to make the tablet once?

Edit:I feel silly. Never mind. I wish I hadn't lost my energy, but at least I still have my tome.

Last edited: