FTB Departed Discussion

hanleybrand

Jul 29, 2019
every mod in minecraft uses books to explain mod details, you can create that book by 4 limonite around a vanilla book and all the skill information is there

FYI - the skills book lists all of the skills but only discusses Innervation, Runation, Infusion and Foraging - it ends on page 12 and seems like it's missing some pages.

hanleybrand

Jul 29, 2019
So a question for everyone who wanders by here, are there any changes you've made to the modlist or it's settings for yourself? What changes would you make if you could?

I've only added Ruins (with customized content using Jordan_Peacock's templates which added maybe some of coolest POIs I've encountered so far - JP makes good use of mob labelling so skeletons are labelled stuff like "undead archer" etc. etc.)

I might also add COFHcore (for the assassin overpopulation - but also when the untouchable mobs spawn in villages and the guards can't hit them either), and additionally I might switch to that antique atlas map mod, but I like the free teleports in journey map (not sure if AA offers that), although it looks like you can have both installed at once.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I've only added Ruins (with customized content using Jordan_Peacock's templates which added maybe some of coolest POIs I've encountered so far - JP makes good use of mob labelling so skeletons are labelled stuff like "undead archer" etc. etc.)

I might also add COFHcore (for the assassin overpopulation - but also when the untouchable mobs spawn in villages and the guards can't hit them either), and additionally I might switch to that antique atlas map mod, but I like the free teleports in journey map (not sure if AA offers that), although it looks like you can have both installed at once.
For your information, the free teleports in journeymap can be considered cheating. It's the same thing as using the /tp command.
FYI - the skills book lists all of the skills but only discusses Innervation, Runation, Infusion and Foraging - it ends on page 12 and seems like it's missing some pages.
yes, because I had a week to make the books, and that was finals week. Really it's amazing I did as much as I did really.

Reactions: Padfoote and Fuklz

hanleybrand

Jul 29, 2019
For your information, the free teleports in journeymap can be considered cheating.

Does it go on my personal record? ;)

But seriously, I'm out of school and at my job "cheating" was split and renamed to "efficiency engineering" and "collaboration"

I had a week to make the books, and that was finals week. Really it's amazing I did as much as I did really.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to slag you or anybody else - I just thought it might be an unknown/unnoticed issue.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019

Ruins mod is just one of the best things ever. A lot of packs aren't very good with giving reasons to travel. In this pack, AoA and thaumcraft add some reasons to travel, but small abandoned castles and stuff are really fun. I like trying to make bases out of them.

Yeah, AoA really has some issues when it comes to its mobs. Nothing seems to burn in the daylight like skellies and zombies, and nothing seems to despawn.
upload_2015-6-5_16-26-59.png
This is just one small area around my base. I was getting really bad lag, so I decided to check it out. Switched into creative to avoid certain death and fly around to have a look see. The mobs are like this in a full circle around my base and switching back and forth from Peaceful is the only way to get them to despawn.

hanleybrand

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing seems to burn in the daylight like skellies and zombies, and nothing seems to despawn.... Peaceful is the only way to get them to despawn.

Goreae, is it possible for minetweaker to give hunting skills to the village golems and the guards from Witchery so that they can get hit the higher level mobs and have a chance of getting rid of enemies?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Goreae, is it possible for minetweaker to give hunting skills to the village golems and the guards from Witchery so that they can get hit the higher level mobs and have a chance of getting rid of enemies?
I don't believe so. You might be able to use Mob Properties if it has or even needs AoA support.

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing seems to burn in the daylight like skellies and zombies, and nothing seems to despawn.

Some of the mobs in your pic are from the Full Moon Event. I do not believe that mobs from the Full Moon or Blood Hunt events despawn after daybreak, I believe it says in the wiki that even if you sleep through that night, they will still be out there unless you despawn them naturally (move 128 blocks or more away). None of the AoA mobs burn in the daylight, AFAIK.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the mobs in your pic are from the Full Moon Event. I do not believe that mobs from the Full Moon or Blood Hunt events despawn after daybreak, I believe it says in the wiki that even if you sleep through that night, they will still be out there unless you despawn them naturally (move 128 blocks or more away). None of the AoA mobs burn in the daylight, AFAIK.
Only, like, 4 mobs. Everything else is just normal night spawns. This is the result of me going out at night looking for endermen. I have to switch to peaceful every time i go looking for endermen to kill, and running laps around my base to get mobs to despawn is just annoying and hell and a waste of time.

Fuklz

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a bug report thread for the pack? I know there are some obvious bugs and inconsistencies but there are a bunch of insignificant others I just want to make heard. :)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Even if I am able to do that, I wouldn't. Because then you're getting resources from high level hunter mobs (namely the hiding mushroom and that ocean guy) right away. The main issue with mobs in villages is immune monsters, and there's not much to be done about that.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Does it go on my personal record? ;)

But seriously, I'm out of school and at my job "cheating" was split and renamed to "efficiency engineering" and "collaboration"

Sorry, I wasn't trying to slag you or anybody else - I just thought it might be an unknown/unnoticed issue.
I was just saying, it looked like you thought that was legit. I don't care if you use that yourself or not. I was just making sure you were aware that was a cheat and not an actual "legit" feature. And my comment about the books wasn't meant to sound annoyed or anything. Just a simple explanation.

EDIT: oh, and I follow the entire report forum. So ye.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Even if I am able to do that, I wouldn't. Because then you're getting resources from high level hunter mobs (namely the hiding mushroom and that ocean guy) right away. The main issue with mobs in villages is immune monsters, and there's not much to be done about that.
Not really much need to do anything about it. It's more of a problem for the player, in which case, you probably shouldn't be going there yet anyway. At least Witchery's guards can't aggro things they can't hit.

Edit: I've also got a quick question. There are these green things, glistening pixens or something. They seem docile, but they're fairly loud and I can't hurt them at all. How do I hurt them?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: I've also got a quick question. There are these green things, glistening pixens or something. They seem docile, but they're fairly loud and I can't hurt them at all. How do I hurt them?
Use the stone on them, it's covered in more depth on the wiki why you'd want to do such a thing and the rules about leveling but as far as you care just use the stone bowl on them. It normally takes a few uses to get them fully dead.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Use the stone on them, it's covered in more depth on the wiki why you'd want to do such a thing and the rules about leveling but as far as you care just use the stone bowl on them. It normally takes a few uses to get them fully dead.
I actually couldn't find them on the wiki. Lol, what? kill them with bowls?

Also, if you look at them and there's water behind them, they turn blue. Not sure if it's supposed to be that way, but if it isn't, then it should.

Edit: found the stone bowl... and it doesn't do anything to them. I tried left and right clicking them with the bowl. going to go check the wiki again.

EDIT#2: found the pixons on the wiki. Is the bowl supposed to deal damage to them when you "harvest" them? I don't think i clicked them with the bowl as many times as the wiki states, so brb.

EDIT#3: Ok, figured it out. They just have a stupidly small hitbox on a moving mob.

Last edited:
Reactions: Retec

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Playing around with AMIDST, I thought the seed 384765546 (or blahblahblah=death) looked interesting. It spawns a castle right by the spawn, which is pretty neat.

Note - mobs spawn in the castle, but there are guards (this is all supplied by Witchery I think)
how do you get amidst to work with ftb?, I tried it but its only gives me vanilla MC worlds and I'd really like some help finding biomes,