FTB Departed Discussion

Fuklz

Jul 29, 2019
Are you doing it in the mysterium? it only works in the mysterium.
Yep, been right clicking, tried restarting client, had my friends try, clicked block, clicked air, threw it on the ground and teabagged it, threw it in lava, threw it in the ocean, traded it to a villager, and it hasn't worked. Restarting the server did nothing as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mindfeak926

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Why, if you leave the exploits open?
you could easily just spawn every boss into a cage and kill them off really easy that way. But you generally don't because that's boring and not the intended gameplay. You're saying the bosses are easy and pushovers because there are exploits that make them easy and you don't even care to fight them as intended. No, you just say they're easy and are done with it. So kill silverfoot with your alacrity armor and horizon maul and then you can talk about how easy they are/how pointless other armor sets are. If you want to just cheat your way through departed and take away and fun you could have had that's your problem not a balance issue.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
But you generally don't because that's boring and not the intended gameplay.
If you fail to design your mod in such a way that people can't abuse it, thats mostly your fault. Why should people intrinsically know how you intended a boss to be done, and not kill it in the intuitive and easy way the game provides?

You're saying the bosses are easy and pushovers because there are exploits that make them easy
You say the bosses are challenging when strategies exist that make them complete pushovers. Thats your fault, not mine for using these strategies.

If you want to just cheat your way through departed and take away and fun you
No, its YOUR problem to make it so that it cannot be done.

1. morality
People (me included) use mostly the way of least resistance to get through stuff. There is no morality involved there

challenging
It is not, thats my point. You can always intentionally handycap yourself. I could for instance kill the ender dragon with nothing but my fist after the crystals are down. While thats possible, and quite challenging, its also completly useless, just like using anything then the most effective strategy you can come up with to defeat a boss.

3. honesty
Nothing to do with that

4. a lot of exploits are caused by minecraft code not mod code.
No. If you make a mod, you make it with minecraft code in mind. If your mod ends up not working properly, thats caused by the fact that you didn't program with minecraft code in mind properly.

Fuklz

Jul 29, 2019
Why, if you leave the exploits open?
If you fail to design your mod in such a way that people can't abuse it, thats mostly your fault. Why should people intrinsically know how you intended a boss to be done, and not kill it in the intuitive and easy way the game provides?

You say the bosses are challenging when strategies exist that make them complete pushovers. Thats your fault, not mine for using these strategies.

People (me included) use mostly the way of least resistance to get through stuff. There is no morality involved there

It is not, thats my point. You can always intentionally handycap yourself. I could for instance kill the ender dragon with nothing but my fist after the crystals are down. While thats possible, and quite challenging, its also completly useless, just like using anything then the most effective strategy you can come up with to defeat a boss.

Nothing to do with that

No. If you make a mod, you make it with minecraft code in mind. If your mod ends up not working properly, thats caused by the fact that you didn't program with minecraft code in mind properly.
Holy f this has to be bait, You realize there is literally a single command that makes you invulnerable and able to spawn whatever you want? Because that exists, and you're talking about how you want to get through this content as quickly as possible. It'd be as easy as pumpkin pie to "go mining" and not waste time by just spawning yourself a random amount of whatever ores and pretending you did it. These exploits you call strategies are completely unintentional from the developer's point of view, and honestly, you're reviewing an unfinished product regardless. You're implying that playing fairly and taking in the content of the modpack at a steady pace is "useless". You are allowed to exploit as much as you want with these mods, but to think that your opinions of difficulty or enjoyment of the mod will have the same weight as someone who's spent days on it, there's just no way.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Holy f this has to be bait, You realize there is literally a single command that makes you invulnerable and able to spawn whatever you want? Because that exists, and you're talking about how you want to get through this content as quickly as possible. It'd be as easy as pumpkin pie to "go mining" and not waste time by just spawning yourself a random amount of whatever ores and pretending you did it. These exploits you call strategies are completely unintentional from the developer's point of view, and honestly, you're reviewing an unfinished product regardless. You're implying that playing fairly and taking in the content of the modpack at a steady pace is "useless". You are allowed to exploit as much as you want with these mods, but to think that your opinions of difficulty or enjoyment of the mod will have the same weight as someone who's spent days on it, there's just no way.
Im not talking about cheat commands, but ingame ways to do something.

You hit it on the head perfectly btw. The mod is in what feels like early alpha and clearly nowhere near ready to be anywhere near a modpack.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Im not talking about cheat commands, but ingame ways to do something.

You hit it on the head perfectly btw. The mod is in what feels like early alpha and clearly nowhere near ready to be anywhere near a modpack.

This mod is one of the biggest out there, just cause it has some loose ends doesn't mean it's not modpack ready.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the modder didn't intend you to box up the boss and kill it at your leisure. It also doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that bosses (your words not mine) bugging out with slabs is not intended either. It's simple common sense that these exploits are unintentional. You don't have to be clairvoyant to know these things.
really it's your loss if you don't want to have fun actually fighting bosses.
You're probably the type of guy who finds a dupe bug and exploits it to kingdom come, taking away all the challenge by abusing an unintentional bug. By your logic, abusing that dupe bug is a progression strategy not an exploit. In any case, I'm done talking to you. There's no convincing you. This discussion is over.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?

Nothing to do with that

I do see where you are coming from, that if there is an easy way to do something, without using "cheats" it is applicable, however, if a game had a bug that allowed you to, say, skip to the end of the game from the first level by, say,killing all the enemies but one then leaping at a wall(just an example) would that make every peice of armour in the game, and every weapon, and everything useless because you don't need them to get to the end? Honestly, if you want to use that as a strategy, sure, i don't care, it is your playing, but i personally would just avoid using the bug and continue through the game. we do however have different playstyles, so you might use that while i do not. as you said, "People (me included) use mostly the way of least resistance to get through stuff. There is no morality involved there" :)

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Im gonna comment on one last thing because the rest of this discussion seems to lead nowhere.

By your logic, abusing that dupe bug is a progression strategy not an exploit.
If your mod by yourself without any mod interaction features a dupe bug then you have to assume its either massive incompetence / lack of testing or intentional. Both is bad.

Obviously this disucssion leads nowhere though.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
giphy.gif

Sorry for the pointless incovinience, move on now.

hanleybrand

Jul 29, 2019
Playing around with AMIDST, I thought the seed 384765546 (or blahblahblah=death) looked interesting. It spawns a castle right by the spawn, which is pretty neat.

Note - mobs spawn in the castle, but there are guards (this is all supplied by Witchery I think)

Screenshots:
Z3lkEB2.png

Admist map:
1YqOqsZ.png

in-game castle map:
SgC5ZpO.png