FTB Departed Discussion

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I generated 300 square chunks and still didn't find a jungle biome so then I used AMIDST to generate an approximate biome map from the seed. Not exact as it uses the seed instead of the actual map but it is a lot faster than generating 100K+ chunks. In the end I had to travel about 2800 blocks from spawn. To get it to work you have to have a 1.7.10 instance in the vanilla launcher location and then either point it to your level.dat file or manually type in the seed
I had no idea amidst actually worked with the altered worldgen. But yeah, the map was rather accurate discounting taint and magical forests. Turns out there's a jungle 4k blocks away. That's not too far at all.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Okay, seems bam's graves does not work. The thing is, lootable corpses actually picks up the dropped items upon death instead of trying to overwrite the core death mechanic with a new one. So unless someone has a gravestone alternative that works with the death system, we sorta have to stick with the corpses.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, seems bam's graves does not work. The thing is, lootable corpses actually picks up the dropped items upon death instead of trying to overwrite the core death mechanic with a new one. So unless someone has a gravestone alternative that works with the death system, we sorta have to stick with the corpses.

i don't mind these corpses besides the glitches that occur. and had no idea that augury did that, going to level that up now.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
just had the glitch where all my stuff is gone, not even a skeleton, i died to an explotion by a trickster, possible the trickster also blew up my stuff?

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
It's only stone&stones from AoA dimensions(like you'll get plenty from digging deeplands's ceiling).
Speaking of deeplands, not really an interesting place is it? I guess it's the place to grind your foraging :p.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
@goreae
I haven't started playing yet.
I'm still going to try and "beat" the pack with no deaths.
:)

Most likely I'm going to fail in the first 5 minutes.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, not really about the modpack but more about AoA's portal, would it be possible in the future to make it something you must build instead of that blueprint that spawns a structure?
I can imagine it being one sapphire/diamond+coal for the controller and just coal around one gold for the portable blocks.

Because having a structure that spawns and that is not square is kinda annoying to place in your base :p.

edit:
Also just found skeletal archergun, so good :D.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, not really about the modpack but more about AoA's portal, would it be possible in the future to make it something you must build instead of that blueprint that spawns a structure?
I can imagine it being one sapphire/diamond+coal for the controller and just coal around one gold for the portable blocks.

Because having a structure that spawns and that is not square is kinda annoying to place in your base :p.

edit:
Also just found skeletal archergun, so good :D.

i think the reason you cant build it is to encourage exploration and rarity, however on that note, I think a great compromise would have a controller block that the portal needs to function, much like the blueprints, to be gotten as a drop then you can use that to craft where needed.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
@statphantom:
The ancient teleporter blueprint is built from diamond and gold, it wouldn't change anything.
I just think it would be better to be something that you build instead of a big structure that spawns, I don't see how that affect exploration and rarity?

And I have to ask, where are the rocky lottomen? I got so many deepland gems and nothing to use them on.
On the wiki it says they spawn inside "cave fountains" in the deeplands.
Are those the charging fountains? Because I visited 10-20 of them and I have yet to see one lottoman.
Also found 3 kror altars so I think I've seen everything that dimension have to offer, just can't find the lottomen.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
can you get the extra foraging drop from mining ores or is it only stone.
only stone blocks. Ores will not work. Any stone in any other dimension (except maybe netherrack and endstone) will also give foraging XP.
best level to mine rosite? really really low them
They actually spawn anywhere below level 40, they're just somewhat rare.
It's only stone&stones from AoA dimensions(like you'll get plenty from digging deeplands's ceiling).
Speaking of deeplands, not really an interesting place is it? I guess it's the place to grind your foraging :p.
The ores spawn in the roof! Remember that!
@goreae
I haven't started playing yet.
I'm still going to try and "beat" the pack with no deaths.
:)

Most likely I'm going to fail in the first 5 minutes.
Ha! That's rich. Really, you're just simply too much.
@statphantom:
The ancient teleporter blueprint is built from diamond and gold, it wouldn't change anything.
I just think it would be better to be something that you build instead of a big structure that spawns, I don't see how that affect exploration and rarity?

And I have to ask, where are the rocky lottomen? I got so many deepland gems and nothing to use them on.
On the wiki it says they spawn inside "cave fountains" in the deeplands.
Are those the charging fountains? Because I visited 10-20 of them and I have yet to see one lottoman.
Also found 3 kror altars so I think I've seen everything that dimension have to offer, just can't find the lottomen.
The teleporter is not supposed to be rare or expensive. It's meant to be easily obtained if you want one. The main balancing point with teleportation is the realmstones. Once you use one, it's used up.

And a tip for the teleporter: You can tear it apart and reconstruct it elsewhere, even going as far as burying it so only the entryway is visible and using teleporters or a hidden ladder to get down to the controller rune.

Malaclypse

Jul 29, 2019
So a question for everyone who wanders by here, are there any changes you've made to the modlist or it's settings for yourself? What changes would you make if you could?

I'm too lazy to sort my stuff into chests by hand. I initially added Storage Drawers (I intended to put everything in drawers and use a Controller to sort everything). That wasn't enough for me, so I also added Refined Relocation for Sorting upgrades to Iron Chests, Storage Drawers and JABBA. Personally, I don't intend to use the Refined Relocation pipe system, since the modpack didn't ship with any decent tech automation, but I really needed a way to sort my stuff.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
And a tip for the teleporter: You can tear it apart and reconstruct it elsewhere, even going as far as burying it so only the entryway is visible and using teleporters or a hidden ladder to get down to the controller rune.
So I've just been playing around in creative and I can go a bit better for info.
  1. You seem to be able to destroy any blocks and the portal will remain intact so once you've made the portal feel free to remove everything.
  2. The rune you insert the realmstones into must be on the west side, this is also useful when using the blueprint as it will always be longer in the NS direction with the control rune in the West.
  3. You can definitely move the structure and still use it, in fact only five of the blocks from the structure seem to be actually needed for the control rune to work. Remember when constructing the control rune goes on the west, otherwise it doesn't seem to work. Pictures for the required blocks at the bottom of the post, message indicating successful portal creation is onscreen too.
That's what I've managed to figure out anyway, may be useful to people.
Creating Portal.png
Top View.png

Reactions: goreae

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
That's very useful, thank you Xavion.
Kinda funny that you don't even need the frame :p.

MrTopf

Jul 29, 2019
Does that actually mean only in the layer you see or also above that? (because when I dug there I didn't find any just the ones visible from the floor).

To answer myself: Not only in the visible blocks but anywhere. There's just a bug with tinkers and the deep cases where they drop as block instead of giving out loot. Hitting them with a normal pick will give the loot (but kinda handy to not clutter your inventory when mining with a hammer).