FTB Departed Discussion

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
since there are a lot of mobs that only spawn in certain biomes you really need to explore far away from your base, is there something in this mod like the recall stones that allow you to teleport back home?
I'm pretty sure you can do something with Witchery and the rite of transposition, I've never really used it so I'm not totally sure by any means but I think you can use it to teleport to a predefined location.

EDIT: Yep, just tested it. With Witchery you can bind waystones to a location which then with only some chalk to draw a simple circle and the waystone you can teleport to the set location, the stones are not reusable but they are very cheap so it's probably the best way. The toughest part of using it is getting the nether wart needed to create the chalk as everything else is fairly basic overworld stuff, although technically you can get the netherwart without going to the nether with witchery it's just far from cheap.

Last edited:

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Hunter training:

I have found the best way to level your hunter up, at the first few levels you want to get a bow or gun as well as a sword and go to an exterme hills biome, here there are so many magicka and goalby it wont take long to get it up to lvl 12.
after level 12 find a savana, this is by far the best place to train, there are soooo many hunter mobs here and the drop some great stuff such as pre-cooked food, hides needed to summon the first boss and lots of guns :)

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
You can also level hunting by going out at night when "the hunt for blood has started" event is going on, there are those little demons that level up hunter everywhere :).
Just made my first tinker sword with sapphire, it kicks so much ass :D.

And I might be wrong about the rite of transposition but doesn't it require an ender pearl each time, they are kinda hard to come by in this pack.

Also, is there any bag/backpack thing outside of tinker's knapsack?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
You can also level hunting by going out at night when "the hunt for blood has started" event is going on, there are those little demons that level up hunter everywhere :).
Just made my first tinker sword with sapphire, it kicks so much ass :D.

And I might be wrong about the rite of transposition but doesn't it require an ender pearl each time, they are kinda hard to come by in this pack.

Also, is there any bag/backpack thing outside of tinker's knapsack?

we have ender expansion mod I think they have one.

and yes those level your hunter up but if you include in how much they hurt, how much fire you're on and the time it takes waiting to heal up it's not as efficient. plus the gun the savanna drops is more then twice as good as the gun those fire dudes drop :p

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
You get multiple uses per pearl, a list of all the resources required though for you and anyone else. This is per jump by the way, you'll still need a circle and altar to create the waystones but that's free after creation so not counted.

• 1 Bound Waystone (To save the location)
    • 1 Waystone (1.125 flint, 0.125 bone)
    • 1 Ender Dew (0.2 ender pearl)
    • 1 Glowstone Dust
  • 1 Small Otherwhere Ritual Circle (To use the waystone)
    • 1/65 Golden Chalk (1/65 Gold Nugget, 1/65 Mandrake, 1/65 Ritual Chalk)
    • 16/65 Otherwhere Chalk (16/65 Nether Wart, 16/65 Ender Pearl, 16/65 Tear of the Goddess, 16/65 Ritual Chalk)
      • 17/65 Ritual Chalk (68/65 Wood Ash, 17/65 Foul Fume, 17/130 Tear of the Goddess)
      • 33/65 Tear of the Goddess (33/65 Lapis Lazuli, 22/39 Birch Sapling)
So yeah, all in all you get about 2.25 teleports per ender pearl. If you can get the pearls you're set though.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
I too am getting excessive assassin spawns and I never saw an answer. They hit my fps as well and are just annoying having 30 guys just standing around in my front yard. I can't find a config. Is there at least a killall type command in this pack?

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't mind the assassins if at least they attacked enemies but yeah I've been getting tons of them too.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
odd that I have not seen that many, maybe its the biome you're in, or you haven't explored far enough for them to start to despawn

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
odd that I have not seen that many, maybe its the biome you're in, or you haven't explored far enough for them to start to despawn
2015-05-25_12.17.13.png

I don't think they despawn because I went far enough once because there was a monster I couldn't kill, it despawned but those guys stay here(there are more at the back of the house).

Btw you can kill them without any repercussions as far as I can tell.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
not sure, I am in that same biome clutter on my world, ps: what are those crystals by your enchanting table and what is the object surrounded by those sunbloom flowers?

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Near the enchanting table those are mana pylons from botania, 2 of them = lvl 30 enchant without having to make bookcases, though they take one diamond each.
And it's a mana spreader surrounded by dayblooms from botania? Nothing special there :p.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
You get multiple uses per pearl, a list of all the resources required though for you and anyone else. This is per jump by the way, you'll still need a circle and altar to create the waystones but that's free after creation so not counted.

• 1 Bound Waystone (To save the location)
    • 1 Waystone (1.125 flint, 0.125 bone)
    • 1 Ender Dew (0.2 ender pearl)
    • 1 Glowstone Dust
  • 1 Small Otherwhere Ritual Circle (To use the waystone)
    • 1/65 Golden Chalk (1/65 Gold Nugget, 1/65 Mandrake, 1/65 Ritual Chalk)
    • 16/65 Otherwhere Chalk (16/65 Nether Wart, 16/65 Ender Pearl, 16/65 Tear of the Goddess, 16/65 Ritual Chalk)
      • 17/65 Ritual Chalk (68/65 Wood Ash, 17/65 Foul Fume, 17/130 Tear of the Goddess)
      • 33/65 Tear of the Goddess (33/65 Lapis Lazuli, 22/39 Birch Sapling)
So yeah, all in all you get about 2.25 teleports per ender pearl. If you can get the pearls you're set though.
Wasn't there a ritual for the witch's hand that let it teleport you to a predefined location or to where you're pointing?

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the assassins despawn because they are traders. As to killing them they have 250 hp each and I have a stone sword.

I think I'll try adding just cofh core or opis for mob killing options.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Botania has some great utilities like the ring of magnetization, most convenient thing there is :).
Also I prefer its tools to tinker for heavy duty things like mining because the self repair from tinker is a bit too slow(and fortune requires a bit too much lapis, easier to get a lucky enchant).

Got foraging to lvl 16, it acts so often now and I got my first diamond from it :D.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a use for the rusted iron ingots Ancient Golems drop? Google and wiki's failed me.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a use for the rusted iron ingots Ancient Golems drop? Google and wiki's failed me.

I replied to this before, we are using a beta version of the new AoA patch so some things have no use yet and rusted ingots are one of those items.

Reactions: Sawney

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't there a ritual for the witch's hand that let it teleport you to a predefined location or to where you're pointing?
Yes there is it seems, if you infuse yourself with the otherwhere you do gain that ability. So a distinct alternative for anyone looking for a method, it also provides some useful utility in the form of being able to teleport where you're pointing with rather considerable range or to bring a mob back to your pre-defined spot when teleporting back. It's definitely more expensive though, so recall stones can provide a somewhat cheaper option until you decide to use the infusion.