FTB Continuum Release

M

Migmag789

When we see the modlist, the modpack doesn't look cool. But when we try it, he looks very intresting ! Thank you Feed The Beast for this expert modpack !
Just one question : Why not Galacticraft ?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
When we see the modlist, the modpack doesn't look cool. But when we try it, he looks very intresting ! Thank you Feed The Beast for this expert modpack !
Just one question : Why not Galacticraft ?
The mods in the pack were hand picked to achieve the pack. I'm guess they just didn't see anything in that one to achieve the results.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The mods in the pack were hand picked to achieve the pack. I'm guess they just didn't see anything in that one to achieve the results.
Especially given that Advanced Rocketry is not only in there, but plays a critical role. Two space mods, that don't interact with each other, would be a bit weird. And presumably AR was chosen over Galacticraft because it adds a plethora of interesting processing machines that offered up more options for recipe alteration and integration.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Especially given that Advanced Rocketry is not only in there, but plays a critical role. Two space mods, that don't interact with each other, would be a bit weird. And presumably AR was chosen over Galacticraft because it adds a plethora of interesting processing machines that offered up more options for recipe alteration and integration.
I agree with this, although the two mods can be integrated quite well. You can specify certain items for Advanced Rocketry that are required to go to planets, and you can tell AR to make planets from specified dimension numbers. For example, you would be able to make a Twilight Forest planet for AR. So it's not impossible. Still, there are probably plenty of reasons not to include GC.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
With the level of flexibility AR offers, there aren't many compelling reasons to go for GC, even if they can be integrated! It would be quite neat if you could go to a GC dimension with an AR rocket, but I have no idea how their mechanics for no oxygen, gravity and so on would interact.

M

Migmag789

I mean why Advanced Rocketry and not Galacticraft ;) Not Galacticraft and Advanced Rocketry both ;)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey are we not supposed to be able to play our FTB packs offline on the app. Now I know you can put them on Multi MC and use the FTB launcher offline but Twitch isn't supposed to lock us out of our packs when we don't have internet? I looked on the twitch forums a bits and there were some others having this problem but no one from Twitch that I seen saying anything about it. Just wondering cause I lost my internet for 2 days and couldn't access any packs cause it was showing 0 installed? Had to play Reg 1.12 so I know it isn't the launcher.

Verigen

Jul 29, 2019
This is exactly why I started making my own packs with forge....no limiting launcher interfering with my gaming.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
This is exactly why I started making my own packs with forge....no limiting launcher interfering with my gaming.
I most of the time use Multi mc for my personal packs but I forget to download it onto the new pc.

pro5

Jul 29, 2019
(Bad english).
Where get lapis?
I play long time. Was dig big area (at heigh 9). Found more diamonds.. but no one lapis. Is it bug?
How get "luck3" early game?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
(Bad english).
Where get lapis?
I play long time. Was dig big area (at heigh 9). Found more diamonds.. but no one lapis. Is it bug?
How get "luck3" early game?
which pack are you playing? Y level for lapis starts around 32 but the highest amounts are mostly found around 17-19 or so. As for the luck/fortune it would greatly depend on the pack. If you are playing with no ender io then just put a few pieces on a Tinker's pick. It will slowly raise luck levels when used. I like to have luck right away so I put 60 on at first to atleast get lucky I. If the pack has ender io you can enchant a book with the enchanter i believe and then put it on say a drill or obsidian pick if they have not disable that pick in the pack you are playing. You can also try your luck with fishing but the enchanted books are random. One last thing if you find a tool villager you can trade to see if they have fortune pick.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
which pack are you playing? Y level for lapis starts around 32 but the highest amounts are mostly found around 17-19 or so. As for the luck/fortune it would greatly depend on the pack. If you are playing with no ender io then just put a few pieces on a Tinker's pick. It will slowly raise luck levels when used. I like to have luck right away so I put 60 on at first to atleast get lucky I. If the pack has ender io you can enchant a book with the enchanter i believe and then put it on say a drill or obsidian pick if they have not disable that pick in the pack you are playing. You can also try your luck with fishing but the enchanted books are random. One last thing if you find a tool villager you can trade to see if they have fortune pick.
I'm assuming they're talking about Continuum, right? I'm fairly sure lapis is about in world though... don't think they did anything funky with it?

pro5

Jul 29, 2019
Magzie,
ftb continuum.
I solved problem. I was add mod "Just Enough Resources (JER)" - this mod shown that lapis have variable spawn graph. Max spawn chanse only at 15 height.
I was dig 4 hours at 14 height, and already found lapis for luck2.