FTB and Forge - Curse Partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
So here's a question... Have the FTB team considered a different launcher, such as ATLauncher, and ruled it out for some reason? Or did they just go straight to Curse?
What does that have anything to do with FTB partnering with Curse?
That's kind of how partnering with someone works. Each party brings something, and they make something together.

Rawhidewow

Jul 29, 2019
So here's a question... Have the FTB team considered a different launcher, such as ATLauncher, and ruled it out for some reason? Or did they just go straight to Curse?
i just want a new feed the beast map i already have plenty of launchers

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
bwillb, Slow touched on launchers in his OP

Ash, the "Goldilocks" question seems quite relevant as they're not asking "why" you get into bed with someone but what other beds you tried first.
What would FTB possibly gain from partnering with another launcher provider? They do not have the infrastructure that Curse provides. Curse is providing a job for Slow and Lex. Curse is providing a professional team.

There is no benefit to partner with another launcher provider. That would be a merger, not a partnership.

Reactions: rhn and un worry

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
TFB have been trying to do some rather amazing stuff with the universal configs and the new launcher. We are talking handpicking mods and distributing your personal packs on a cross web/launcher platform. But the point is(as has been mentioned so many times now) that it is getting increasingly difficult to do these complex stuff purely on a spare time basis. Going to another another amateur provider of a launcher would be the stupidest thing they could ever do since it just make things worse than they already are. The FTB team would no longer have any say in how stuff work or in what direction it is going. Hell the developers of the launcher could decide to call it quits tomorrow and just leave everyone hanging.

The only way forward is getting a professional partner into the mix which can offer some full time development and support. And despite how many people seem to hold weird grudges towards them, Curse is just the obvious choice when it comes to distribution and managing of mods.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
TFB have been trying to do some rather amazing stuff with the universal configs and the new launcher. We are talking handpicking mods and distributing your personal packs on a cross web/launcher platform. But the point is(as has been mentioned so many times now) that it is getting increasingly difficult to do these complex stuff purely on a spare time basis. Going to another another amateur provider of a launcher would be the stupidest thing they could ever do since it just make things worse than they already are. The FTB team would no longer have any say in how stuff work or in what direction it is going. Hell the developers of the launcher could decide to call it quits tomorrow and just leave everyone hanging.

The only way forward is getting a professional partner into the mix which can offer some full time development and support. And despite how many people seem to hold weird grudges towards them, Curse is just the obvious choice when it comes to distribution and managing of mods.

Choice? Who asked us, the users, if we had a choice we'd prefer? I'm pretty sure that Slow and the others just said "We'll tell them we're going with this mob and hope they don't flay us alive for doing it without consulting them." I for one am not impressed at not having been surveyed as to which partner I'd like FTB to partner with, and don't like the feeling of having been railroaded into a partnership with Curse without any say in the matter whatsoever. I'm pretty sure other people on these boards have some feelings they are already expressing but are either being ignored or are being met with "We're going with this whether you want it or not." This is not how I envisioned Slow running FTB, and if he were a company executive I would call for him to be sacked for making a rather shady move like this without consulting us, as he has done.

I don't know if the damage Slow has done so far is irreversible, but I want him to stop any and all dealings or discussions with Curse, return any contracts unsigned, and go back to his userbase and actually survey us if he really wants us to feel like he listens to what we have to say.

Otherwise, I will be evaluating this deal Slow has been making with Curse at the end of a 10 ft pole.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: Mooseman9

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Choice? Who asked us, the users, if we had a choice we'd prefer? I'm pretty sure that Slow and the others just said "We'll tell them we're going with this mob and hope they don't flay us alive for doing it without consulting them." I for one am not impressed at not having been surveyed as to which partner I'd like FTB to partner with, and don't like the feeling of having been railroaded into a partnership with Curse without any say in the matter whatsoever. I'm pretty sure other people on these boards have some feelings they are already expressing but are either being ignored or are being met with "We're going with this whether you want it or not." This is not how I envisioned Slow running FTB, and if he were a company executive I would call for him to be sacked for making a rather shady move like this without consulting us, as he has done.

I don't know if the damage Slow has done so far is irreversible, but I want him to stop any and all dealings or discussions with Curse, return any contracts unsigned, and go back to his userbase and actually survey us if he really wants us to feel like he listens to what we have to say.

Otherwise, I will be evaluating this deal Slow has been making with Curse at the end of a 10 ft pole.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

You know something? You don't have any say in the matter... None of us do. It's not like we're stockholders who have some kind of vote on the matter, and the vast majority of us aren't even contributors to the effort.

What you want doesn't matter. If this destroys FtB then so be it. That's Slow's choice to make, not yours.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
You know something? You don't have any say in the matter... None of us do. It's not like we're stockholders who have some kind of vote on the matter, and the vast majority of us aren't even contributors to the effort.

What you want doesn't matter. If this destroys FtB then so be it. That's Slow's choice to make, not yours.
That brings up something a little irrelevant: Slow, will we be able to buy stocks in FTB? I really want to do that :p

However, you are completely correct. This thread is for feedback, sure, and they could choose to read it and listen to us, but they don't have to.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Lol

This is not a democracy.
You don't pay the salaries of any of these people.
You simply don't have any right to a say, so take your mega-over-inflated self-importance and see how it plays elsewhere.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
We get paid?
l4f485w.png

$o much munee$

Edit: Also I think this thread should be locked sometime in the near future :/

triblades

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Last few replies to above message has been negative, but I quite feel the same way. I love that all people here are volunteers (I volunteer as well at a club). But when volunteers make changes and 'all' people, who they do it for, won't like it, what's the point?

Don't call someone mega-over-inflated self-important when they make an effort to help in his/her own way!! We know volunteers don't get paid and there are not stocks to sell/buy, but the analogy is there and I agree. Wholeheartedly!

I really dislike Curse and all they stand for. WoW downloads, no more then 2 at a time or PAY UP. Very slow (and very possible insecure) distribution platforms. And above all, when all games are combines in that launcher they get a monopoly and then do what they want. Thanks but no thanks. FTB I LOVE YOU DON'T SELL YOUR SOUL! Please!

Edit:
$o much munee$

Edit: Also I think this thread should be locked sometime in the near future :/
So easy to just throw a flaming picture on the wall and then, in the same post, ask for a lock... If that's the new way...

Last edited:

TurnedSlayer

Jul 29, 2019
I love the FTB launcher and its packs and i think that the ftb team do a amazing job, if you think you can do a better job why dont you!
they're volunteers and work hard to bring this launcher and the packs , they're not getting payed and why should they get all this hate when all they do is try to bring us kool stuff?
ive tried the ATlauncher and its buggy as hell and no where near as good as the current ftb launcher, let alone if a new and better launcher is coming.

Reactions: Nerixel

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
I was expecting very well thought out ideas comments and support what I met was so much better
l4f485w.png

$o much munee$

Edit: Also I think this thread should be locked sometime in the near future

:/
Then I looked farther
pfff, what a small house
Then I look at my picture... now I wanna slap my picture on your guys profiles
This is funny but I think we should keep the rib cracking to a minimum and keep the well thought out comments to a maximum I can sadly guess that a comment with horrible spelling is coming...

On a more serious note I feel we should trust slow pokes judgment your making him sound like slower poke I honestly don't mind the occasional ITT tech or whatever ad on the side the only way they could really run this for me is making ads pop up IG or payed membership I don't mind there being a premium class that gets special IG titles that pop up always and forum titles even a special cape or special hat but things like that one horrible game wizard 101 that 1/20 of the content is free eh actually more like 1/50 that's better I would be fine with one or even two premium modpacks but any more than that and I start getting agitated

Last edited:

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Which texture pack is that? :oops:

Take a closer look and you'll see: those aren't chimney pots ... they're diamond blocks!!
I'm pretty sure that's not a texture... -_- for some strange reason that seems a smidge to HD I know shadders adds clouds like that but not trees I'm led to believe that's a cruddy pic of a house possibly CGI

Status
Not open for further replies.