Free Energy System, Item Synthesis

nicholasiv

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is designed to discuss, make knowledge of, and to improve free energy systems and the materials you can gain from these systems.

Some systems would be Redstone Engines running into Redstone Energy Storeage Cubes in line, milk powered biogas engines, scrap fueled generators/boilers, processes to create solar panels efficiently (time wise as well as materials).

Some Item Synthesis techniques are using EU to generate scrap from cobblestone out of an igneous extruder, packed into scrap boxes and dispensed onto a hungry chest/obsidian pipe, and then sorted. This makes some otherwise non-renewable resources renewable a couple of which (copper and tin) are quite important.

UU-Matter of course belongs to this list, providing end game materials like Sunarium.

Lava in an industrial centrifuge is another example of such a process, outputting copper tin tungsten dust and electrum for EU MJ and time once the infrastructure is set up.

Please feel free to post links to videos of your own creations or world downloads if you wish, be creative, points for efficient material cost, little to no lag being caused, compact designs, ingenuity.

nicholasiv

Jul 29, 2019
RedstoneEnergy_zps8266b157.png

Here we see a series of redstone engines powering a conduit line, what makes this design compact is that each lever powers two engines, and it's tile-able in this fasion.

N N N E N N
N E E R E N
E R E E E N
N E E E R E
N E R E E N
N N E N N N

or

N E N N E N
E R E E R E
N E N N E N
N E N N E N
E R E E R E
N E N N E N

N = Nothing, E = Redstone Engine, R = Redstone Energy Storeage

This turns the 3x3 single line into a 6x6 quad line, tiled or not this system is versaile in that it can be built vertically or horizontally depending on your needs/aesthetics.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Cheap Infinite Dimaonds Generator! All you need is a blaze spawner, an Electiroyer, Compessor, a supply of Flints and Obisdains/brick blocks and preferably a marcetor for higher blazepowder yields. Don't have a marcetor? No problem fires up your manual one electiroyer and get diamond making! Normally you need diamond to makes diamonds but this manual setup can be made with 0 diamonds! Automated high yield setups will requires some diamonds but runs it overnight on a ChunkLoader and your's good to go! What do you do with all that stupid sulfurs? Makes an automated TNT maker with the sulfurs for your future Iduim Plate making line! (You might wanna hooks up a couple of Pluvizners to get the sands and gravels for the coal balls production and TNT making) Runs the rest of the sulfurs for recyclers if your's getting more than you can handle.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
If you know your stuff, automated alvary/apiary+frames for each metallic/'end' tier bee, genetically engineered to work at night/in the rain/underground at 'fastest' speed.
Hellish bees also give a cheap source of lava, giving more base metals, or obsidian dust giving iron.​
(also growing netherwart, producing methane in the centrifuge)​
Rich slag can make more of any base metal type- including shiny/platinium- which can then be split off for iridium.

Combustion engines return 20,000 MJ per lava bucket. Gregtech thermal generators return 30kEu/lava bucket.

A T5 Blaze shard can run up to 5x36LP boilers, or 2x36HP+36LP if you're short on iron.
Shard spawned blazes give drops from environmental damage

Mount a brain-in-a-jar on the bore head of your frame machine to collect the XP from coal, diamond ect.

A vanilla furnace will give XP from smelting metal dusts, the ingots can then be crushed and this process repeated.
I guess this would also work in a thaumcraft furnace?

Flowing lava next to an ice/snow thermopile will freeze into basalt.

You can pulverise coal, making an early nanosuit very easy with the Mindcrack pack.
(needs testing) nano and quantum armour gives some protection even when it isn't charged.​

Melee turtles count as player kills, giving XP and rare drops from mob grinders (get your shards ready).

(going to be nerfed) a filler makes for an awesome quarry.
Once you have a frame bore, use your old quarry to keep your base chunkloaded.​
Quarries can break any block in game if you know what your doing.​

Plant a load of oak saplings around a logger, when their grown a Stirling engine will clear the lot with a single lava bucket/ Makes a fairly decent early tree farm.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Steve's carts tree farm with scaffolding (fixed a bit by GT) are really OP energy source. I get about 400 Eu/t on average by burning scaffolds using birch wood from one cart with sawmill, ignoring for now saplings and sawdust. Routers are really helpful to feed your battery of generators to reduce lag. For fast crafting I use redstone energy cell connected with a timer, it also allows for crafting only the number of scaffolds that are used by generators (to prevent spilling). Some screenshots, not really self sustainable per se, because I'm not a fan of this concept, also ugly as expected from anarchy server: http://imgur.com/a/35K6z .

Graeme97

Jul 29, 2019
Cheap Infinite Dimaonds Generator! All you need is a blaze spawner, an Electiroyer, Compessor, a supply of Flints and Obisdains/brick blocks and preferably a marcetor for higher blazepowder yields. Don't have a marcetor? No problem fires up your manual one electiroyer and get diamond making! Normally you need diamond to makes diamonds but this manual setup can be made with 0 diamonds! Automated high yield setups will requires some diamonds but runs it overnight on a ChunkLoader and your's good to go! What do you do with all that stupid sulfurs? Makes an automated TNT maker with the sulfurs for your future Iduim Plate making line! (You might wanna hooks up a couple of Pluvizners to get the sands and gravels for the coal balls production and TNT making) Runs the rest of the sulfurs for recyclers if your's getting more than you can handle.
Do you think you can repost this with correct spelling and a guide?

Reactions: Lambert2191

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Here's a brilliant one (and make the most of it - it WILL get fixed!!)

Stacked drones can be put through the beealyser as a whole stack, and it only uses 1 honeydrop to analyse the lot.
-Tested this with a pile of valiant drones I found, cost 1 drop to analyse 10.
(I guess this would also work with saplings+treealyser)

nicholasiv

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to give you a heads up that this will no longer work post TE 2.2.0. One of the purposes of TE is to keep server lag down, and supporting these kinds of setups is horrible for servers - a single combustion engine is worth 120 RS engines and doesn't generate near the packet traffic or overhead.
Oh king lemming you always find out about these things through my posts eh

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Oh king lemming you always find out about these things through my posts eh

Nah, I knew that was possible, I just didn't think anyone would actually do it. But it's pretty apparent that players seem to have rampant disregard for the health of the server. So looks like I'll have to go through and limit options for the sake of cpu.

Micmager

Jul 29, 2019
Most players don't know that what they're doing is bad for the server because they think if they can make it in single player with no problems they should be able to make it in SMP with no problems. That's why I had to disable a lot of stuff >.>

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Most players don't know that what they're doing is bad for the server because they think if they can make it in single player with no problems they should be able to make it in SMP with no problems. That's why I had to disable a lot of stuff >.>
Yes from Lava Pumping to Chunkloading. There a better way than banning and limiting and that's to tell players how their setups is bad and why. If they don't know how to setup better give them help into doing so the first couple of times. Like some don't even know RP2 tubes overflows because you don't even see things on the ground or even power looping.

Micmager

Jul 29, 2019
Some common sense will get you far in knowing what's op and not.

It has nothing to do with being op or not, they're bad, clunky designs. Generally the bigger a contraption is and the more moving parts it has the worse it is for the server.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
RedstoneEnergy_zps8266b157.png

Here we see a series of redstone engines powering a conduit line, what makes this design compact is that each lever powers two engines, and it's tile-able in this fasion.

The resources involved in making this setup are worth more than the energy you would get out of it in 10 years time running non-stop. Why would you even bother for the tiny, tiny, tiny amount of power?