Windows .exe FPS dropping

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
OR if the world is not too big (filesize) you could upload it and I could check if I see anything or if the same thing happens to me in yer world.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, the map is named "new world" and takes 618 MB, and contains 516 files, 160 folders.
Where should i upload it?

Also, took a picture on F3 debug thingy:
105qpf9.jpg

To show now i have been playing like an hour, alot of alt+tabs.
And the fps is down to 25 (while it actually feels like its 15 or something)

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I got two chunkloaders placed here and there too.
One is in nether (you will see there is a looooooooong way going into the netherrack then keep following it and you will reach a punpstation for lava
And the other one is to keep a pump loaded to pump oil.
I really dont actually know where it is, i use /warp commands A L O T.

Kaz!

Jul 29, 2019
I got two chunkloaders placed here and there too.
One is in nether (you will see there is a looooooooong way going into the netherrack then keep following it and you will reach a punpstation for lava
And the other one is to keep a pump loaded to pump oil.
I really dont actually know where it is, i use /warp commands A L O T.

Hey there chap. I have had my fair share of mods and when your fps is dropping its a clear sign that you may have some potential dodgy mods. I have noticed that chunk-Loaders (chickenbones) can cause devastating lag.

- Portals that are open or just occupying a block can cause severe lag
- You have the ability in some of your mods to modify their config file (forestry) and disable things that create lag such as particle effects (I believe)
- If you TP (/warp) everywhere the client has to reload chunks each time causing more strain on your system. Try keeping them loaded with personal anchors or world anchors.
- Your version of optifine might be buggy, i have come across this quite a few times with ftb. Fps drops for me were common with some versions of optifine god knows why and i have a top end computer but fps would slowly tick away.
- Tree-capacitor is a big one for lag especially on mp servers as it has to check for tree types quite often causing potential lag.
- Adding some mods has the chance to corrupt the Forge engine try a force-update (Backup your mods and saves before)
If i helped feel free to say so ^_^

- Kaz

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019

Yes. More or less all of them, or they dont fit to my problem...
I can disable stuff, but what is the fucking point if i disable stuff? Making the experience go shit since i will just always think "oh hey, if this mod would be activated i could have done this recipe by now" and shit like that
And i just tried with using default texture pack, the FPS even starts on 20ish now... So the texture pack i have keeps the FPS up for a bit.

Hey there chap. I have had my fair share of mods and when your fps is dropping its a clear sign that you may have some potential dodgy mods. I have noticed that chunk-Loaders (chickenbones) can cause devastating lag.

- Portals that are open or just occupying a block can cause severe lag
- You have the ability in some of your mods to modify their config file (forestry) and disable things that create lag such as particle effects (I believe)
- If you TP (/warp) everywhere the client has to reload chunks each time causing more strain on your system. Try keeping them loaded with personal anchors or world anchors.
- Your version of optifine might be buggy, i have come across this quite a few times with ftb. Fps drops for me were common with some versions of optifine god knows why and i have a top end computer but fps would slowly tick away.
- Tree-capacitor is a big one for lag especially on mp servers as it has to check for tree types quite often causing potential lag.
- Adding some mods has the chance to corrupt the Forge engine try a force-update (Backup your mods and saves before)
If i helped feel free to say so ^_^

- Kaz

I have NO portals.
Umm... Like bees on the beehive? Expand this please
I do use alot of warps, but they are all relativley close to eachother.
First warp is to my thaumcraft room, its near my "base"
Second is my base
Third is my quarry
and forth is my liquid room, also near base.
But if i start a exploring time, going around 1000m away from home, i get constant 60fps... What can depend on this?

Please expand which versions of optifine that will work with the direwolfs modpack 5.3.1 MC version 1.4.7
I tried to deactivate treecapacitor... It made a small difference.

I have no idea how you mean by the last one there... Please expand that one too

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I use u_d5 for optifine with ftb.

If your still using multimc like I suggested, right click the instance and select "change lwjgl" change this to 2.9.0

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I use u_d5 for optifine with ftb.

If your still using multimc like I suggested, right click the instance and select "change lwjgl" change this to 2.9.0

Yeah, i use the "OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_D5.zip" too.

Yep, still using it since it has atleast a longer playable gameplay for me.
I did it now. But what is the difference? What is lwjgl?

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
God damnit...
I just took a look into the settings once more,
Tried to set it to multi core with only allowing two cores to handle java.exe...
Didnt do any difference.

BUT, i realized i had antiscorpic somethingsomething and and anti allaising on highest, which gave a HUGE FPS boost at the start of the game.
But guess what? It slowly decreased anyway after a while...
And FYI i had HWmonitor on and nothing even increases at all, the fans is quiet and the monitor only increased one degree on the CPU

Kaz!

Jul 29, 2019
God damnit...
I just took a look into the settings once more,
Tried to set it to multi core with only allowing two cores to handle java.exe...
Didnt do any difference.

BUT, i realized i had antiscorpic somethingsomething and and anti allaising on highest, which gave a HUGE FPS boost at the start of the game.
But guess what? It slowly decreased anyway after a while...
And FYI i had HWmonitor on and nothing even increases at all, the fans is quiet and the monitor only increased one degree on the CPU

Whats your graphics setup chap ? what sort of card you running?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Well, then don't complain.

Edit: Yes, Optifine offers FPS increases, just by installing it. But the majority of the increase in playability comes from being able to modify the things that increase lag. If you're not willing to change anything, then you might as well not have it.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Well, then don't complain.

Dude im fucking complaining.
There is some shit fucking my whole game up and i want to know what it is.
It CANT be my computer because now i tried to move over the whole folder to another computer with the similar setup, still exact same shit.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Dude im fucking complaining.
There is some shit fucking my whole game up and i want to know what it is.
It CANT be my computer because now i tried to move over the whole folder to another computer with the similar setup, still exact same shit.

Read my edit. Stop being rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.