Windows .exe FPS dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Im starting to have FPS issues now.
If i start up the direwolfs modpack as usual, enter my SP world and just let everything load up, i get solid 40-50 fps.
But as i play about 10 minutes its down to 20-30 and it doesnt matter if i exit SP and join it again, i have to close whole MC and start it up again to get it good for a while.
Its starting to get annoying now and i was hoping there is some kind of list of items that creates this kind of lags?
My world is VERY similar to direwolf20s episode 37 world (if to any help)

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
How much RAM have you allocated through the launcher? Do you have any portals from portalgunmod or XyCraft multitanks up?

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
How much RAM have you allocated through the launcher? Do you have any portals from portalgunmod or XyCraft multitanks up?

Before i had it set on 14GB
But i have in mind it was actually better to set it around 5 than 14, so i did. But no change whatsoever.

Umm, yeah i have one portal, but that is very close to eachother, one upstairs and one downstairs.
And i do not have anything from xycraft used, hell i dont even know what it is :S

I do got some tesseracts, but i dont know which mod that is

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Before i had it set on 14GB
But i have in mind it was actually better to set it around 5 than 14, so i did. But no change whatsoever.

Umm, yeah i have one portal, but that is very close to eachother, one upstairs and one downstairs.
And i do not have anything from xycraft used, hell i dont even know what it is :S

I do got some tesseracts, but i dont know which mod that is
Yea, 14 is way too much.

Portals, no matter the distance between them, can put strain on servers which can result in CPU issues.

Tesseracts are fine, they shouldn't cause lag.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, 14 is way too much.

Portals, no matter the distance between them, can put strain on servers which can result in CPU issues.

Tesseracts are fine, they shouldn't cause lag.

Hmm, i dont use the portal much so i guess i can try to delete them. But do they cause lag after a while as i explained it do?

Also, what is optimal RAM allocation?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, i dont use the portal much so i guess i can try to delete them. But do they cause lag after a while as i explained it do?

Also, what is optimal RAM allocation?
Portals can be quite a pain in the arse. On my server (during the time there were only 2 players) we had few up and it was going smooth, until the point where we had to restart the server more and more often everytime. Then I removed the portals =(

Also optimal RAM allocation is enough but not too much. Since you can allocate 14, I assume you have plenty of RAM so 4-5 should be enough.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, sadly the removal of the portals didnt affect the FPS.

Its slow but steadily going worse and worse when i play, i see the fraps FPS counter always being in between of two values, and sloowly heading one FPS downwards.

One thing i often do is to tab out of the game by pressing E (inventory) and then alt+tab.

Can this affect it?

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Come ooooon!
I need to bump it now...

What can seriously create lags?
Just... whatever, say it

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Lag or FPS drops?

Since its SP it must be FPS drops

I see the frap counter, its slowly and steadily decreasing one FPS each... 5 minute maybe
When i just log in i get about 50 fps, and when i rage quit i am at 20, which makes it unplayable for me

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
*silcence*

Can it maybe be better if i put it on a server, that is still running by local computer?

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
God damnit...
I thought it could work, did exactly as listed but it is doing same stuff.

console log... how do i do that?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Unless you're a really big fan of Secret rooms mod, try disabling it and see if stuff works properly after that.

Whether it works or not, please report back here so I know if it got fixed or not.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Unless you're a really big fan of Secret rooms mod, try disabling it and see if stuff works properly after that.

Whether it works or not, please report back here so I know if it got fixed or not.

Sure thing, i guess its the mod with the regular blocks you can walk through?
Didnt even know i had that one.

But problem is...I bloddy cant find it in the mods folder, in the "editor" of mods within the launcher...

I guess you see it in the log, where is the place i can deactivate it?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Woops, true. I didn't see it in the log but I forgot you play DW20, which does not have it. I'm out of ideas now then :I

Status
Not open for further replies.