Forge compatible shared banlist( thread closed because of trolls) sign up for beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatcherInTheShadows

Jul 29, 2019
It's true as well

*Face palm*
Uhm, sure if you apply a massive dose of confirmation bias tainted data.
Multiple people, including myself, have tried to point this out to you.
Your response?
Deflection, metric tons of it.
And whining that anyone is daring to say anything in a skeptical tone coupled with name calling.
You're actively avoiding addressing any qualms and misgivings.
And ohh boy does it show sir.

You've almost led me to wonder if one of your unspoken objectives is that you want such a power to abuse as you wish.
A nice little mcbans style megaweapon you control.[DOUBLEPOST=1358085202][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have I ever told you the definition of irony?

5621211bde45587669fdd4d9c64dbb71.png
I am generally agreeing with what you have to say?
Your's are not the only posts I am liking after all.....

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
this seems promising. I'll point tahq to this. If this plugin works. We could install it on our server and could possibly lift the whitelist restriction we have. 2 griefers so far with me as the only op that is online. the other is IA it seems.

Reactions: cj5jeep1

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
Lemme show you someone.
http://www.mcbans.com/player/bluechaos

She's called Jess and she's head admin on my server. The only time she uses anything remotely to an xray is when she's using nodus on my server to moderate with. It's a tool she's asked permission to use and I gave her permission to do so as long as it's the only time she uses nodus for anything, even on other servers.
I watched her play the server she got that ban on and I watched her dig the tunnel she got banned because of. She got very lucky with diamonds. Enough to get the ratio's alert. She got banned because of it. She appealled and it wasn't over turned.

Now because of some cretin and their lousy desicions, I can't use mcbans on my server because A. The rep system automatically flashes us with a warning we can't turn off when she signs in and B. I would have it set to an 8+ rep score which she no longer falls under. So don't condescend me by telling me to be a good player because she already tried being good and it landed not only her with a brand she can't remove but it also put my server at risk.

It's easy to wave the gun around as long as you're not the one at the end of the barrel, isn't it.[DOUBLEPOST=1356877451][/DOUBLEPOST]
Furthermore the opening post of this thread said that you're using a rep based system so I don't know what this is about.

You know, you honestly don't seem like a server admin, more like one of the annoying little brats that post on other peoples ban reports on my old server. "My friend was banned, she has nodus but doesn't use it, HONEST. UN-Ban her now". It honestly doesn't look good an i'm pretty sure louis is probably getting sick of his mod being criticized for no reason and with no constructive feedback, maybe if you suggested a way to improve it and stop people being banned illegitimately (even though louis seems to have that covered) then you might get somewhere.

Just thought it needed to be said

Cieron

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
"it works no differently then merging 2 banlists together yourself and putting it on your server"

This is one of then things about these kinds of systems that I don't like.
Its too big, gets too much power and many people get unfairly "marked," its too small and...well its just unnecessary, if its "just that" then I see it as a bit unnecessary and simply as a way to give certain people more power than they should have.

I've nothing against you and this idea in general, I just don't really see it possible for something like this to be made without big flaws that end up backfiring big time.

You know, you honestly don't seem like a server admin, more like one of the annoying little brats that post on other peoples ban reports on my old server. "My friend was banned, she has nodus but doesn't use it, HONEST. UN-Ban her now". It honestly doesn't look good an i'm pretty sure louis is probably getting sick of his mod being criticized for no reason and with no constructive feedback, maybe if you suggested a way to improve it and stop people being banned illegitimately (even though louis seems to have that covered) then you might get somewhere.

Cieron

Well now that was just unnecessary and rude.
"you honestly don't seem like a server admin"?
Last I knew, anyone could be a server admin regardless of attitude to specific people or what others think about them.

Then you move on to name calling and put on question a story you know nothing about while trying to belittle their problem, which whether true or not, you've nothing to do with.

I understand you like the maker of this and dislike those who don't agree with him, but that's no excuse for that kind of attitude.
At that point you are not helping and are really not doing anything better than the one you criticize.
All you're doing is throwing more oil into the fire at this point.

TDKPyrostasis

Jul 29, 2019
Great idea. I love global banlists you simply need to know how to use them. Im a YT'er so my servers get a ton of traffic and a lot of it is hostile folks simply trying to cause mayhem. A global banlist lets me check people and see what they have done previously and lets you know if they are a possible bad apple, 100% bad apple, or an unknown.

Just cause you've been banned before doesnt mean its a just ban, if you've been banned 5 times then odds are your a bad apple that needs to be tossed.

Plugins like this simply need to be used intelligently and then they are an excellent asset.

Reactions: cj5jeep1 and zbayne

WatcherInTheShadows

Jul 29, 2019

Cieron

o_O

There is a requisite admin behavior list?
You sound like, well, not going to sink to your level.

Reactions: Yuka

zbayne

Jul 29, 2019
"it works no differently then merging 2 banlists together yourself and putting it on your server"

This is one of then things about these kinds of systems that I don't like.
Its too big, gets too much power and many people get unfairly "marked," its too small and...well its just unnecessary, if its "just that" then I see it as a bit unnecessary and simply as a way to give certain people more power than they should have.

I've nothing against you and this idea in general, I just don't really see it possible for something like this to be made without big flaws that end up backfiring big time.

Well now that was just unnecessary and rude.
"you honestly don't seem like a server admin"?
Last I knew, anyone could be a server admin regardless of attitude to specific people or what others think about them.

Then you move on to name calling and put on question a story you know nothing about while trying to belittle their problem, which whether true or not, you've nothing to do with.

I understand you like the maker of this and dislike those who don't agree with him, but that's no excuse for that kind of attitude.
At that point you are not helping and are really not doing anything better than the one you criticize.
All you're doing is throwing more oil into the fire at this point.
Im not entirely sure what you mean in the first part, but
The beauty of the system is it does not have to be too big, on your server you could use it just to keep a sister server synced up with your own or there is nothing keeping you from not syncing with anyone and just letting the there be webcontrol over your bans and using the other features such as proof and what not, I believe if the server owner uses it right it wont be "too big" where it hurts legit players but no matter still provide useful features.

Reactions: cj5jeep1

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
Who said I wasn't being Rude, he is being quiet frankly rude towards the mod, which has had a hell of a lot of time behind it, why the hell shouldn't he get it in return. By posting arguments in public the eye you are automatically opening up the argument, so yes it is my bushiness.

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
Who said I wasn't being Rude, he is being quiet frankly rude towards the mod, which has had a hell of a lot of time behind it, why the hell shouldn't he get it in return. By posting arguments in public the eye you are automatically opening up the argument, so yes it is my bushiness.

Because we don't do that here. We see rudeness, we point it out sure... we don't start slinging names. Furthermore, I saw nothing rude in the post you were flaming. He put forward a scenario that happened to him that made it so that he was unhappy with this mod, and shared his story in what I felt was a respectful manner. There was one line of snark near the end, but nothing to justify the full out aggressive name calling you engaged in.

Now, I know this thread has been contentious because of the issues involved in this sort of mod. Keep criticisms respectful. Don't take all criticisms as attacks upon the mod author, because they are not. Final warning for the thread.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm saddened to see such a argument appear on this thread. This thread is for the discussion of the mod. Not the people using it. If you don't like what this mod brings. Don't use it. enough said. I agree with the GM who posted here. This fighting has gone on long enough.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019

Be it the other is doing right/ wrong or being rude, that does not make it ok for others to be as well.
An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

If you do the things you complain about then your argument has little value.
Plus, rudeness tends to just be counter-productive in this kind of situations, be it they "deserved it" or not, that's not our call to make and things like this tend to make the situation worse.

Remember, nice and polite tends to solve these things faster and easier.

Also, that its in the open does not mean you should insult them and make baseless accusations when you still don't really have much knowledge in the matter.

Last, if the people directly involved in said argument already got over it, why can't you?
You're just re-lighting a fire that was pretty much dead by now.

__
(On a side note, sorry if I may seem a bit harsh myself here, be sure that I've nothing against you personally, just happen to disagree with your approach to the current situation.
We started on the wrong foot and I'm sure if we were to talk outside of this it'd be completely different, so hopefully this won't leave any harsh feelings, even tho I disagree with you here does not mean I've something personal against you or anything of the sort, and that goes to everyone in here. :))

Also sorry if I'm derailing this thread, I'll stop now.
If you have more to say on the matter, I'd be more than glad to start a conversation so we can talk it out there, rather than here.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a she by the way.

Just throwin' that out there.

WatcherInTheShadows

Jul 29, 2019
And it shifts into "You guys are a unified group against me!" or "friends"....
Geee you vastly over estimate you or your idea's place in everyone else's reality...

You'd be catching vastly less flak if you spent more time actually considering the data you are busy attempting to demonize the messengers for.

Status
Not open for further replies.