Forge compatible shared banlist( thread closed because of trolls) sign up for beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
The idea has changed a lot since the initial post.

I'm sorry about your friend, but I have nothing to do with McBans. We will try and succeed where they have failed.

There is no preventing this movement, but if you would like to offer an alternative that may help develop the idea further.
I didn't expect you to prevent it, but if you really want to know my alternative, scrap the cloud ban idea.
You've already told me you can provide means to gather evidence of bans. Have ore ratios, have logs, have whatever you like, but for God's sake, keep bans localized.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
So skimming over the last couple of posts, am I right in understanding

All the servers using your mod/plugin will constantly/regularly broadcast the movements and chatlog (including PM's?) of every player on a server, and that this data archive will be publicly available 24/7?

If this takes off, thats a LOT of data. (If this thing takes off you're looking at 100's of servers and 1000's of players.)
-Who's paying for that central server/bandwith?
-Who will be running that server and moderating the banlist/trusted server list?
-How do you/does your system plan to deal with the flood of ban appeals in an effective, efficient and fair way?
-How/who's moderating the ban appeals, and how will this cost be covered?
-How do you plan on notifying players on their (global?) ban status*?
-How do you plan to deal with multiple accounts/IPs (looking at team AVO vs MCBans)

louiskw

Jul 29, 2019
With the data storage, the past 7 days of chat logs and movements will be availible.
After that relevant parts of the chat will be singled out and linked to bans. This will be 100% automated.
In-Fact everything except the ban appeals and server verification will be automated.

To deal with the flood of appeals, we will have a set of verification questions, we will then ask some for a detialed account of what happened. On completion the appeal will be reviewed by a team of moderators.

WatcherInTheShadows

Jul 29, 2019
Too much potential for abuse.
And spite attack.

Case in point, a admin felt justified in posting my IP on this forum for calling him out on something he did, giving my coords to a griefer.
If this was in wide use he could've used it to block me from multiple servers despite the fact I don't seek cause problems on servers.
Simply because I dared to speak up against something very wrong he did.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Too much potential for abuse.
And spite attack.

I agree all to well.
That, and I'm still waiting on answers that are probably not going to come. Time to throw down the gauntlet.

So, Zach- how about a little wager?

I am so certain this isn't going to work, I bet my username (CelestialPhoenix) at the top of your list as the no.1 griefer/global banned player of all time. (essentially permabanned from all servers that have your plugin).
Result? If you win I pretty much loose the ability to play SMP FTB (potentially SMP in general, if its back-compatible).

Are you game?

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the positive input....
Don't get sarcastic with us, Louis.
If you post here you must be open to criticism and negativity. It's part of life. You can't just expect everyone to like you or your little project.

So you have a choice, you can man up and learn from the criticism and listen to what people are saying and adapt your project to it or you can let it beat you and go no further.[DOUBLEPOST=1357149258][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree all to well.
That, and I'm still waiting on answers that are probably not going to come. Time to throw down the gauntlet.

So, Zach- how about a little wager?

I am so certain this isn't going to work, I bet my username (CelestialPhoenix) at the top of your list as the no.1 griefer/global banned player of all time. (essentially permabanned from all servers that have your plugin).
Result? If you win I pretty much loose the ability to play SMP FTB (potentially SMP in general, if its back-compatible).

Are you game?
Very theatrical, but I doubt you need to go this far on a very one-sided wager. He gets the point.

cammygames

Jul 29, 2019
I am now part of the dev team helping to make this happen as this will aid vanilla server owners who dont want to run bukkit . Therese no need to have anything against this if your a rule abiding player

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I am now part of the dev team helping to make this happen as this will aid vanilla server owners who dont want to run bukkit . Therese no need to have anything against this if your a rule abiding player
If you had bothered to pay attention to the rest of this thread you would know there's plenty to worry about.

I refer you to post #19 and #24.

I also would like to remind you, that as part of the team yourself, you will not have to worry about being under the hammer. Please don't speak for those who aren't.

louiskw

Jul 29, 2019
It's great to have you onboard.
Cammygames brought us the UniversalElectricity pack.

louiskw

Jul 29, 2019
What does he want? -- A medal?
I don't care about your friend, or this illusion that you have a case against a few members of the community, trying to better it.
If you're a rule abiding player you have nothing to worry about. Chances are this won't even affect you, unless it's making the server you're on a better place.[DOUBLEPOST=1357150879][/DOUBLEPOST]
What does he want? -- A medal?
Did he ask for one?

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I don't care about your friend, or this illusion you have a case against a few members of the community, bettering it.
If you're a rule abiding player you have nothing to worry about. Chances are this won't even affect you, unless it's making the server you're on a better place.
Congratulations, you've just made your point now completely useless by saying that you don't care for the unfairly punished.
You've made me and I wager anyone else who reads that derogatory post exceedingly uncomfortable with your mod.

I'll make sure to screenshot it for reference.[DOUBLEPOST=1357151054][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did he ask for one?
No, but you boasted it so proudly as if it was supposed to change our minds or put our issues to rest.

Reactions: Mooseman9

louiskw

Jul 29, 2019
Congratulations, you've just made your point now completely useless by saying that you don't care for the unfairly punished.
You've made me and I wager anyone else who reads that derogatory post exceedingly uncomfortable with your mod.

I'll make sure to screenshot it for reference.
Screenshot it all you like. For the last set of posts you have vented your anger, at your friend getting banned, on us. I will say it once more so listen.
WE ARE NOT MCBANS We will provide, what we deem a better service then them.

To me, your friend is irrelevant. Not because they have done something wrong (or not as the case may be), but because the service you are refering to, and the circumstances you are refering to are nothing to do with us.[DOUBLEPOST=1357151408][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, but you boasted it so proudly as if it was supposed to change our minds or put our issues to rest.

Not really... But having a great new developer on the team will speed up the process greatly.

cammygames

Jul 29, 2019
Look if your worried about unfair bans i have already made plans to be put in to effect if you feel your ban was unfair then you would open a ticket with are team and we would personally go investigate why you where banned and we would make after speaking to the server owner ask you for your side of the story and we would then make a decision based on that we may deiced that you do not belong on the global ban list and remove you from it but it then it would be down to the server owner if he/she unbans you from said server

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Screenshot it all you like. For the last set of posts you have vented your anger, at your friend getting banned, on us. I will say it once more so listen.
WE ARE NOT MCBANS We will provide, what we deem a better service then them.

To me, your friend is irrelevant. Not because they have done something wrong (or not as the case may be), but because the service you are refering to, and the circumstances you are refering to are nothing to do with us.
Okay, let me pick this apart.

First off, my supposed "anger venting" as you called it was my informing you that the system you are basing this crap on is broken and your constant condescending parroting of "If you're a rule abiding player you have nothing to worry about" doesn't hold any water with me or any other logical thinker on this rathole of a planet.
Second; I don't care what the hell you say you'll provide. To me, it's just as dangerous as mcbans is and judging by the company that this project keeps, ie; you. I'd say I have plenty to worry about when you call the worries that you should be expecting to get and the people that you are creating this mod to serve are irrelevant.
Lastly; I never said you had anything to do with it and I know you're not mcbans, child. The "circumstances" are what we call an arguement against your idea which you come to expect when you publicize this idea and when you address these comments by sticking your proverbial tail between your legs and wondering why no-one likes you, it makes us think that you and this project of yours are worthless.

I'm confident in saying this idea will go about as far as you will in the real world.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Look if your worried about unfair bans i have already made plans to be put in to effect if you feel your ban was unfair then you would open a ticket with are team and we would personally go investigate why you where banned and we would make after speaking to the server owner ask you for your side of the story and we would then make a decision based on that we may deiced that you do not belong on the global ban list and remove you from it but it then it would be down to the server owner if he/she unbans you from said server
And this is supposed to be original? Know what? Screw McBans for a moment. In fact screw minecraft for just a hot second.

Your system is basically the judicial system implimented into a game. Do you honestly think this system is perfect? Let me tell you something, I happen to work in the field which you're borrowing this system from and it's not perfect and however you adapt it to Minecraft, FTB or anything will NOT change that.

Ultimately it comes down to a human deciding. This system is imperfect and flawed. It's expected from humans because there are too many variables involved to consider it anything other than imperfect.

Your described system is both similar if not the same as the McBans modus operandi and it's not perfect or even anything close to satisfactory. Therefore you have failed to satisfy anyone's fears.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
And I'm through talking about this.

If there's any hope for anyone left, especially those who reside in these forums, I think that they'll make the right choices.

Reactions: Mooseman9

louiskw

Jul 29, 2019
You obviously feel strongly about this.
Feel free to say all this stuff when the software is out, but until then. Please keep your thoughts to yourself.

And they really are just thoughts as you obviously have no idea of the differences between us and McBans. And if you do then you have clearly misunderstood them.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
You obviously feel strongly about this.
Feel free to say all this stuff when the software is out, but until then. Please keep your thoughts to yourself.

And they really are just thoughts as you obviously have no idea of the differences between us and McBans. And if you do then you have clearly misunderstood them.
I'll keep my thoughts to myself when you keep your project to yours. That's why your here. For opinions and criticism. Clearly you have no idea of the difference between that and a troll.

I think we both know who's better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.