[Forestry] Tree aren't growing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Setup:
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg588/Madaffacca/2013-01-03_182308_zpsc5f7f300.png

Here's what's going on: I'm playing on a server and I've set up a boiler powered forestry farm, all the wood collected ends up in a powered furnace and the charcoal produced get transported back to the boiler; everything is kept lit with a wrathlamp up on top. I let the tree farm go for the whole afternoon with a chunk loader (not the railcraft world anchor) and when I logged back in, the boiler was empty, all the charcoal used to start it was gone and not a single tree was grown since there were no extra sapling in my output chest. So here's my question: does the wrathlamp affect somehow tree growth on humus? Or maybe tree growth in general? If that's not the case, why my frigging trees aren't growing properly?

Chrono

Jul 29, 2019
You should try to raise that wrathlamp a good bit , since it light things up up to 30 blocks below it you won't have any problem whit darkness near your farm.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
The Wrath Lamp creates its own light emitting air blocks to reach so far. Unfortunately those blocks get in the way of plant growth.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
The forestry tree farm only uses 7 blocks of space to grow trees. So humus layer then 7 blocks of air.

Testing the wraith lamp at night in a creative world and it does seem to break tree growth.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Also be careful what saplings you use, not all will grow trees, try with oak first to get it going then you can change saplings to whatever you want.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
I've removed the wrathlamp, everything seems to work fine now, thanks guys!
Oh, and does anybody know if saplings grow if the chunk they're in is loaded via chunkloader but no players are on the server?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I've removed the wrathlamp, everything seems to work fine now, thanks guys!
Oh, and does anybody know if saplings grow if the chunk they're in is loaded via chunkloader but no players are on the server?

Yes.

AFAICR the only thing that requires an actual living player present is mob spawning (both natural and spawners, excluding Soul Cages).