Mac Fix for launcher on mac (Minecraft crashes immediately)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seilaerion

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Even by using the code in the first page I still can't get FTB to work on my macbook. It doesn't quit as it used to do but it gets stuck on "Converting world" whenever I try to create a new world.

Here's my pastebin log:
http://pastebin.com/bv6DnGxa
Ant help would be much appreciated.

Try doing the following two things:
1) Go to Options > Advanced Options in the launcher and put the following into the additional parameters field: -XX:MaxPermSize=128M
2) In Options, increase the amount of RAM allocated to the game.

Jacobmorganian

Jul 29, 2019
A cry for help on a abandoned topic....
I'm using my APP i made for FTB and none of the mod packs update. I don't know what or why this happens. It sais its downloading from the server and then has an error and continues to launch. HALP!

Sebastien Renault

Jul 29, 2019
It works now when I launch it this way. However, since the last MindCrack modpack update, I cannot play for more than 45 seconds before it crashes. Any help? I am running ftb on a mac, 4g of ram, maxed out the ram in ftb launcher settings. My friend also has a mac and has the same problem! I really miss playing! If anyone knows what to do please tell me. Im desperate.

Jacobmorganian

Jul 29, 2019
It turns out this topic is far from abandoned. And i can help (somewhat) with Sebastein's problem. It looks like your minecraft it trying to launch but encounters a problem. This has happened to me when i had optifine and Mc patcher battling it out on the same jar, exept it never launched. If you want more help, you can paste you console (the little terminal like thing) on a post here. Also do not allocate all your ram to one program at MOST allocate half, but never all. This can cause your computer to crash and valuable items to be left unsaved. Beacause programs are greedy and will take as much as you said they can have. And this causes problems. You can correct me if im wrong but never the less don't do it.

Sebastien Renault

Jul 29, 2019
It turns out this topic is far from abandoned. And i can help (somewhat) with Sebastein's problem. It looks like your minecraft it trying to launch but encounters a problem. This has happened to me when i had optifine and Mc patcher battling it out on the same jar, exept it never launched. If you want more help, you can paste you console (the little terminal like thing) on a post here. Also do not allocate all your ram to one program at MOST allocate half, but never all. This can cause your computer to crash and valuable items to be left unsaved. Beacause programs are greedy and will take as much as you said they can have. And this causes problems. You can correct me if im wrong but never the less don't do it.
Where would you reccomend me asking this question then? Is this post alright?
The thing is, it launches prefectly exept after playing for 30 seconds, THEN it crashes.[DOUBLEPOST=1363441586][/DOUBLEPOST]I tried allocating only half of it and I got a new record of 1 minute

Jacobmorganian

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, yes this can be the right place. And I'm sure many others have the issue. I think your problem is the graphics card or the processing takes up to much ram to fast, and then crashes. Most macs use graphics chips which same the same ram as the CPU. So its very likely there is a bug in FTB, or some external problem. Thats as far as i can help, i thought this was a launching problem, not a gameplay one. If you like you can start a new topic and explain the issue.

tbeest

Jul 29, 2019
Even by using the code in the first page I still can't get FTB to work on my macbook. It doesn't quit as it used to do but it gets stuck on "Converting world" whenever I try to create a new world.

Here's my pastebin log:
http://pastebin.com/bv6DnGxa
Ant help would be much appreciated.

i have tha same problem :confused: can you enter servers? bcus by me the screen just turns black...

i didnt read far enough :p
thx seil!

Random5014

Jul 29, 2019
You dont need that.
You can use Oracle Java 7 Latest Updaye with this app i have crated that will run FTB_Launcher.jar in an app form. All files are saved inside it. to access them right click the file. click Show Package Content. Go Content>Resorces>Java you will find all the mod packages here. And yes it still works even after updating the Launcher.

Had to take down sorry. If you I get permission from the FTB team then I will put it back up.

ArcticW01f

Jul 29, 2019
so new problem i get to feed the beast and i can log in. I can play single player without worrying but when I even try to load a multiplayer map well it does one of 2 things it ethier tells me that i cant for some reason or it jest crashes on me
http://pastebin.com/UYSutQwz
no idea how to fix this anyone have a solution.

Random5014

Jul 29, 2019
Try this. Open the package go content>resources>java>mod packag>
minecraft>config. Open FirdgeChunkLoadin.cfg scroll all the way down and change MaximumChunksPerTic=50 and maximumTicketCount=300

I think this is your problem.

Williamb1

Jul 29, 2019
When i try to start feed the beast it doesnt load the game it freezes and the ftb screen doesnt load but or sometimes the mod packs dont even show up

RambodaPyro

Jul 29, 2019
The server I was playing on recently switched from Mindcrack to Ultimate, and for some reason the ultimate pack won't work. I downloaded the new launcher whic was supposed to fix crashed, but I still have to use a code (below) to launch mine craft. When I do launch it, I get to the white mojang screen, and it freezes.

Heres the code:

cd ~/Desktop/FeedTheBeast/
export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home
java -jar FTB_Launcher.jar

Heres the console log:

http://pastebin.com/h9c6rDV9

If someone knew how to fix this that would be great, thanks.

Random5014

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you use Oracle Java 7 Latest Update

You dont need that.
You can use Oracle Java 7 Latest Update with this app i have crated that will run FTB_Launcher.jar in an app form. All files are saved inside it. to access them right click the file. click Show Package Content. Go Content>Resorces>Java you will find all the mod packages here. And yes it still works even after updating the Launcher.

FTB_Launcher_app

Random5014

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is not the launcher. its forge. The forge was made for a 1.4.7 jar and it is detecting a 1.4.6 jar. go to where you keep the files. so if you are using an app created with Java JarBundler Which you can get on the Java site for free you would. You need ti find the bin folder and delete it. Some times the files are stored in the app its self to get there you would go to Content>Resources>Java>(ModPack The Problem Is IN)>minecraft>bin. If not go to where you keep your files then (ModPack The Problem Is IN)>minecraft>bin. Delete the bin file and when you reload the ModPack it will ask you to Update ModPack say yes. This should fix the problem.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.