Feed the City [Ultimate Pack][1.4.6][Whitelist][Survival][Filmed]

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
can't screenshot because server is down... I'll try and note what we got done
well the buildcraft power system is coming along nicely running off magmatic engines and now using redstone conduits and an energy cell.
The industrialcraft system now has 16 eu/t solar input, an MFE was in the works, not sure if it was finished - and we have a rotary macerator.
The mining world is getting slowly hollow, and we have 1 quarry setup so far.
a few expiditions to twilight forest, and a set of nano armour has been made to try and defeat a boss (Lich).
two mining drills and two batpacks along with 1 rockcutter are in use by miners currently.
machines are all now on ground floor and all storage is downstairs in the basement, along with the portal to the mining age.
Blast furnace is up
over half a coke oven full of creosote
I think someone may have been working on a peat bog, but I never heard it finished, so It may have been abandoned.
Lady oolong got bees going, not sure how far

Oh, and ofcourse, we had fun! (until the crash :( )

I may have missed some things, I was mostly mining and picking up on events through chat and return trips to the house.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I can't wait to see it all. I especially can't wait for the city to start being made. I have so many ideas, but they all need redpower.[DOUBLEPOST=1354465326][/DOUBLEPOST]Dire should totally tour the city when we are done.

Deltabandit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also planning to write a computercraft program to automate the bees and before the server crashed I was working on making some bog earth for the peat bog. I plan on making a tree farm as well with a wheat farm too in the near future. I was also on my way of finding some modest bees in the desert, so florastar could start breeding some cultivated bees with them to get some sinister bees because she had an idea of using shimmering combs to produce lava.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I can't wait to see it all. I especially can't wait for the city to start being made. I have so many ideas, but they all need redpower.[DOUBLEPOST=1354465326][/DOUBLEPOST]Dire should totally tour the city when we are done.

In my eyes, the city would never be finished, there is always something to do. I also got a lot of ideas for this, they are all in my application on the first page. Well, it would be cool if Direwolf20 did show up.

What do you mean by really annoying wooden door?

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
the front door to the house
the gate and plethora of torches around protects enough against mobs getting in the house, and as a general MC bug, if you have any lag whatsoever a door, or door + pressure plate, is a pain to get through without getting stuck in it. Especially if more than one person is using it at once.

ProCrafter_13

Jul 29, 2019
Would be nice if the whitelisted players could post some screenshots every day, just so we see how things are going.

Reactions: Jeza

kapmabijap

Jul 29, 2019
nice to read what are you people doing there, hopefully Morvelaira will allow to you guys to put some screenshots here :) I think Im a little bit jealous on you guys :p

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
If so we should get us some diamond drills to mine all that coal, but to be honest i do not quite like quarries because they are annoying to move.

We are going to need a lot of diamonds anyways, might as well get more for drills.

The quarries to have a set it and forget it quality though

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I can't wait for screen shots. Even if I don't get to play on the city, I still want to see it. It sounds really cool.

Reactions: Jeza

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
First off thanks for accepting me just started to catch up with the recorded stream. Secondly i will be online tonight since i just came back home from my family weekend.

Looking forward seeing you folks ingame soon :)

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Lady oolong got bees going, not sure how far

I got 10 apiaries made and placed near the house along with the Forestry machines to support them, with help from the tech guys wiring them into the system. There's also signs by them explaining what's what and what even non-bee people can do to keep things going in the absence of someone who knows what they're doing. Right now the front row is for cycling plain, out of the hive bees to accumulate combs and the back row is currently started on breeding up common and cultivated lines. I'm no Flora and I've never successfully gotten high level bees other than the Hell branch on my FTB Insanity map, but I understand how the basic genetics work and don't mind being the go-to grunt for them. I think the next thing will be to get wintery and tropical bees going, I don't know if we'll want a mystcraft age for that or just do it in the overworld.

I'd also like to set up an area for IC2 crop crossbreeding. I'm not a fan of the system and I probably won't bother with making "better wheat" but I do want to be able to have the unique plants. To do that well, we'll need to collect spider eyes to make Weed-Ex.

By the way, Morv, did the server get left on peaceful after you left? I didn't see any monster spawns where there should have been.

Also, looking forward to details for the Mumble server.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
I got 10 apiaries made and placed near the house along with the Forestry machines to support them, with help from the tech guys wiring them into the system. There's also signs by them explaining what's what and what even non-bee people can do to keep things going in the absence of someone who knows what they're doing. Right now the front row is for cycling plain, out of the hive bees to accumulate combs and the back row is currently started on breeding up common and cultivated lines. I'm no Flora and I've never successfully gotten high level bees other than the Hell branch on my FTB Insanity map, but I understand how the basic genetics work and don't mind being the go-to grunt for them. I think the next thing will be to get wintery and tropical bees going, I don't know if we'll want a mystcraft age for that or just do it in the overworld.

I'd also like to set up an area for IC2 crop crossbreeding. I'm not a fan of the system and I probably won't bother with making "better wheat" but I do want to be able to have the unique plants. To do that well, we'll need to collect spider eyes to make Weed-Ex.

By the way, Morv, did the server get left on peaceful after you left? I didn't see any monster spawns where there should have been.

Also, looking forward to details for the Mumble server.

I can help to make sure the bees keep running but I don't know enouph to breed them. I'll keep that front row going when I can for you.

And I will deffinitly help with the IC2 crops, I would like to get a brewery going :)