Feed the City [Ultimate Pack][1.4.6][Whitelist][Survival][Filmed]

saturnranko

Jul 29, 2019
ign: saturnranko
pos:Technical Builder or Grunt
i am not a real artistic builder im more of a build it ..it works?..yes great!.. but its a bit ugly...eh it works =P
i know how to use most of the mods pretty well with exception of gregtech and AE right now as im just starting to play with them, but if you give me something o do i will do my best to get it done.(tho sometimes in an odd way)
i may sometimes need a reminder on what it was i was doing cause i tend to get off track when i see something else the needs doing lol. im a bit of a quiet person in general but if there is talk going on and i have an idea or such i will chime in np. just as a word tho i also play wow every night so i may not be able to be on alot but i will do my best to hop on when i can

here some pics of my base in ssp it started in the dw20 pack but i ported it over to the ulti pack to play with the new mods without having to start from scratch
my fuel production area that tank have over 4000 buckets of biofuel in it
2013-03-09_04.54.02.png

(the gates on those are not working at the time because i could not at the time get the fertaliizer to go where it needed to be so i gave up and plan on seeing if i can use AE to do it right)
that fuel is funding this
2013-03-09_04.07.35.png
those are two high pressuse full size boilers and i can still add more engines to the left one if i feel like it and the right one is also powering this
2013-03-09_04.07.55.png

my ic2 area that im planing to expand to add gregtech stuff to.(i also now realize looking the this pic i can get rid of those torches! doh! lol)
as i said it works. ugly but it works that my main goal lol
hope this at least gets me considered for being added to the server if not well at least i can say i tried =}
and if anyone is wondering about my skin its one i altered to look more like one of my chars from warcraft
saturnranko

Thom_Silvergale

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Thom_Silvergale

Position: Aesthetic Builder

Okay, first things first: http://s1183.beta.photobucket.com/u...-10-28_120629_zpsd5e28f58.png.html?sort=3&o=0

That was something I did for a build off on a vanilla server a while back. I typically do try to live in an oversize tree(I'm a green freak warlock :p ), which has gotten me a lot of experience with natural forms that are used in the construction of said trees and a few other things like landscaping, so I can do terraforming too.

My typical design strategy for normal buildings is to get the basic form done and then add detail to it until it looks good from my perspective. That being said, I don't make quite the most efficient builder, though I try my best to remedy that as much as possible.

I always try to put a lot if thought aNd effort into my builds, though time is something I'd prefer to put only a necessary amount in, as my builds do tend to take a while. I also have a tendency to build medium sized buildings in a circular form, mainly due to the irony of circles in Minecraft and the fact I just plain love building them.

I can easily hold my own with the mods and I know many of them fairly well, and I can also offer grunt services as long as I'm asked nicely :p. I do enjoy helping people quite a lot.

I also normally have a lot of free time I can dedicate to FTC, however, my mom needs a surgery done over in the Philippines, and we'll be leaving on the 21st. The wifi I can get over there is typically barely enough to hat on a vanilla server, much less an Ultimate pack server. If I'm allowed to join FTC despite this, I'll try to stay as active as I can in the 3-4 weeks I'm there, if only in the chat, which might get a little awkward cuz I'll end up lagging a lot and will barely be able to keep up with a conversation, most likely.

I mainly want to join FTC because I know how much fun it will be if I'm accepted. I also have a design idea for one of the districts: steampunk houses built into temple ruins :D, it's something I've recently wanted to make part of my style, the thought of it done well is just amazing to me.

Anyways, I hope I'm at least considered, and best of luck to everyone else who applied :D

mine_killer14

Jul 29, 2019
IGN:mine_killer14
Possition: Grunt

So why me? I am a Mature Light hearted Minecraft who loves being a part of a great build. When i work in teams i usuaky end up doing the grunt work, but i like that, you really get to see the in's and out's of the build as it slowly grows.
As for pictures I only have the starts of my newest project, nothing but the bare skeleton atm

2013-03-11_20.43.05.png

idvpme.png

Sorry about the large photo.

some Nitty Gritty stuff
I am 20, i have team speak, Skype and a microphone. GMT+10

Tossican

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Tossican
Position: Grunt
About me: When my son first started to play MC and showed it to me, I thought it was one of the most boring and ugly games ever conceived! .. "Really, all you do is break ubber low res blocks and plop them down again to make buildings?" I asked him. Of course his answer at the time was "Pretty much!", and I was not at all impressed! ...

It wasn't long after that he came to me for help. He had just learned of these "add ons" called Industrial Craft, Build Craft, and Red Power. But he had no clue how to put it all together and make it work. On top of that he wanted to make it a server so that his friends could play as well.. Now mind you, this was back in the dark ages, when adding -any- mod required messing with the jar. It's no wonder the poor kid couldn't figure it out!

So with my task at hand, I set to researching what these things did.. And I was suddenly exposed to a whole new world! .. One where you could have machines, set up complex automated systems, and OMG even change the textures so it actually looked good! .. And in a matter of days I had our first server together, and I was hooked! ..

Since those early days, I have reveled in all the new and exciting mods as they came out. Jumped about like a small child when I learned of some kewl new thing available. And fallen in love with a great many you tubers and streamers! I can identify nearly every member of the upper FTB echelon, and dev on FC just by the sound of heir voice, chuckle, giggle or squee!

I have maintained many iterations, and revisits of our server. Sadly tho, during a recent move I was forced to take it down (financial reasons)... Since then I have pined over the loss of this game... I have tried single player, and it just doesn't have the same appeal. I enjoy being a part of a community, seeing what fun and unique ideas others come up with, and being able to help out when the need arises.

I have no design aesthetics! .. Well, unless you're the type that enjoys the works of Frank Lloyd Wright, or the cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde, then I may be golden ;) .. I am however a technical builder. I love putting together complex systems, then ripping them apart and redesigning them more compact and efficiently. The puzzles thrill me! But, I have terrible OCD/ABCD in this area. This can result in me getting lost for days or weeks assembling, disassembling and reassembling things until they are -perfect-... I am also a bit rusty as a lot has changed in the couple months I have not played. And since my server is gone, I have no current examples of my work... But it's all good anyways. Because I think I would make a fantastic grunt! As I see it, the role of grunt is probably one of, if not -the-, most important roles available. For without the grunts, little else may happen! It may not seem glorious to many, but for me, it would be an honor!

To work with the FTC team in building this amazing project would be a dream come true. Being a part of something so much bigger then any one of us can accomplish on our own. It is really the idealized version of the type of server I have always wanted to be a part of.. A true community, with a common goal, and a true need for each and every member. What could be better?!

C_Craft

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the late application saw form just now I m a fan of your videos/steams and the idea of this server but anyway on to my application.
IGN: C_Craft
Position: Technical Builder
Why: I have always wanted to play on a server like Forge Craft. I have jumped on many servers in hopes of finding one similar to it but none could compare to it. I feel that I can contribute so much to this server based on my knowledge of mods and my technical/ engineering mind. I watch Direwolf20 and other youtube channels like Mead, to learn about the mods and see how I can improve (if possible especially Dire) to make the system more efficient and compact. I have created many systems such as sorting systems. I rely on my brother for the aesthetic portion of our world but I get the job done as efficient as possible. I mainly use the direwolf20 pack on FTB. I know almost every aspect of all the mods in the Direwolf20 pack in exception to Twilight Forest. I know my chances of you reading this are extremely low to 0 but if you do let me be on the Feed the City team I will truly be grateful and I would do anything to get on and anything needed for this city. Well any way at least I tried I hope you get the people you are looking for. But I think my chances are not good because other people are writing essays and taking pictures and video taping their worlds to prove their worth but all I can give is my word and I hope it is enough. Thank you for reading this Application and I hope to speak with you in person on Feed the City it will be a honor.
P.S. I like to build in 9x9 :)

Thank you for looking at my application I hope I can contribute to the server to create the best possible city in all of Minecraft!!!!

If I make it please sent me a PM so that I will be alerted to you decision Thank you.

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
Applications are now closed.

Any applications after this message will be ignored. Sorry, guys, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

With Scott Killen's departure from the Minecraft scene, we will be looking for another texture pack artist in the soon time frame. Please keep your eyes peeled, and your portfolio ready if you are interested in that position.

Here's how it works from this point out, since I will not be able to livestream and just announce new members. I will be going through the applications with a fine tooth comb tomorrow, and those people that we have an interest in joining us, we will send private messages to, to join us on teamspeak for a talk. Think of it like an interview. :) If you do not get a private message from me by the end of the week, you probably didn't make it in. Sorry.

Mry0guy

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Mry0guy
Position/play style: Technical or ascetic builder would be most favorable but im prtty good at ftb survival and could run grunt for a time
Why: the enthusiasm of just the application page is awesome for this project and the idea behind the build is one that i have thought about for a long time I always thought that a ftb city with intelligent grids and a working population would be epic. im not shure what type of progress you people have made on the city at this point but i am shore I can help you with any builds you would like to do for any reason from making your grid more self-diagnostic (a pet project of mine) to butifying a district to make it seam just that last bit mor steampunk with a splash of micro blocks

I am looking forward to building with you -
for now,
Mry0guy

p.s. drop me a pm for my skype

Gaston

Jul 29, 2019
Dang! I missed it didn't I...
Would you mind letting me know when you would like more applications please? Thanks.

Gaston

Jul 29, 2019
Actually. Never mind. I can see that you would have a lot of applications already for this if you did have openings. And I don't want to potentially take someone else's place.
But thanks anyways.

AvidMosh

Jul 29, 2019
I am really late, I know, but I found the server builds looking awesome... so I thought I'd try my luck anyway, I will try again when applications are re-opened.

IGN: mgu3000
Position: Technical Builder
Why I would be awesome?: I have played since alpha 1.1.0, and I may not have succeeded in modding in anyway back then, I gradually got it, and learned basic coding, and since then I have loved modpacks. I am experienced with all of the technical mods in FTB, including applied energistics which is changing, and I am keeping up with it. I could build any device at all when asked, I am a creative thinker, and love the community feel of a private server. I can build/design things rather well and could help out with building too.
Time zone: G.M.T
FPS on FTB: around 90
thanks, although I'm super late :S

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Afa once said that applying after closure would extremely lower your chances of being accepted when you post at the right time or something like that. I'll check and give you a quote.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
It has been stated in earlier posts, applications posted before applications are being accepted will not even be looked at. If I were you, I would just watch this thread.
There we go. I'll search farther.[DOUBLEPOST=1375984897][/DOUBLEPOST]
Good day, since you failed to read any instructions (which my gawd my post was right above yours) or follow the rules of the first post (It's in big red letters at that) your application WILL NEVER BE CONSIDERED.

Guys APPLICATIONS are closed until Morvy gets back after the new year. WAIT to put your apps in, it will save you the trouble and us the laughs.
Here we go! The actual one.