Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe she just doesn't want to.

Yes. And that would definitely be the best approach when a lot of your fans are hoping for an update. Or would it?

If I might pull out my mighty occam's razor here I would suggest a more logical explanation: she's currently fed up with minecraft and modding it and really doesn't feel like doing anything with it. And this is why we need to look at what options we have without RP2 instead of just waiting for it to update before we move on.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If I might pull out my mighty occam's razor here I would suggest a more logical explanation: she's currently fed up with minecraft and modding it and really doesn't feel like doing anything with it.
"Uncommunicative person is not communicating". What does Occam's Razor say about that?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
"Uncommunicative person is not communicating". What does Occam's Razor say about that?

She's not uncommunicative? Look at her twitter feed. When she's active she actually responds to a lot of people. It's just that she tends to disappear whenever she's 'busy'.

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
I think the thing with eloraam is that she works full time and does not have enough time or strength if you will to play/develop for minecraft too. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of people who know that felling including me. Have you ever gotten that feeling that your head is going to explode. Well each and every day after work I'm guessing that is how Eloraam feels. Either that or what Ashzification said is the logical guess in my mind.

Reactions: NoobIsMeX

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
You know if I was under constant barrage from the community, I wouldn't want to work on Minecraft either. Leave the woman alone. When/If she decides to update RP. You can be assured that you will have an update way in advance of its release.

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
I am glad that she is alive. She seems to be under a lot of stress, and I hope that gets better for her. That said, it has been hard for her to keep up with the update schedule before, and it is reasonable to think that that has not changed. I hope that RedPower is ready for 1.6, but am prepared for it not coming out at all. I say that with complete respect for Eloraam. She has a great mod, and I wish her the best in that and in her work outside of Minecraft.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I am glad that she is alive.

An odd thought that runs through my mind every now and then is that someone I know online could die in real life, and everyone who knew them online would never know, and would just keep going with their life. They'd probably assume the dead person just got tired of being in that community, but you'd never know.
Tada, an insight into the odd place that my mind is :p

On topic now, WOO! TWEETS FROM ELORAAM... AND STUFF! Awesome, yet more proof of her plans to update! :D

Reactions: ApSciLiara

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
An odd thought that runs through my mind every now and then is that someone I know online could die in real life, and everyone who knew them online would never know, and would just keep going with their life. They'd probably assume the dead person just got tired of being in that community, but you'd never know.
Tada, an insight into the odd place that my mind is :p

On topic now, WOO! TWEETS FROM ELORAAM... AND STUFF! Awesome, yet more proof of her plans to update! :D

like guswut... I hope he is alive haha, he is the 5th highest posting member and he hasn't been on in 2 months. but on other news I am happy to here that the mod is still being worked on, if its being removed from the official packs, I ill add it back in :D
If someone is good at japanese, that said person could try to get Ugocraft (http://www.maocat.net/?page_id=6189) up and running.Looks promising to me.Is something from RP2 missing if frames get replaced ?
I believe that the mod isn't forge compatible

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Elo has stuck her head out and declared there will be 8 more weeks of winter (her average time between tweets). Some of you can now go back to pretending that they will ever actually get an update to this mod again.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is something from RP2 missing if frames get replaced ?
Difficult to say. I'm not familiar with all the stuff that is supposed to be replacing RP2.

Lets take an example.

I have a system where I throw some stuff into an Enderpouch, set my Wireless Remote (WRCBE will be Redpower-independent in the next version, so no problem there) to one of three frequencies: "Furnace", "Macerate" and "Recycle", and I might want to add more functions. When I hit the remote's button, the contents of the Enderchest get pulled out and routed to the relevant machines - I have two furnaces and two macerators that the stacks are distributed between, and one recycler. The results are pulled out and back into another Enderchest of the same colour, so I just see the processed results start reappear in my pouch within about 15 seconds. I can macerate cobblestone into sand and then furnace the sand to get glass, or I can furnace cobblestone to get smooth stone. Those are the two most common uses, but I've macerated coal and bonemeal, furnaced wood, and a few other things. An optional feature, which I have, is to restrict the processing to only pull the items that match whatever is in Slot 1 of the Enderchest, so if I have sand and glass mixed in together because both are being processed in parallel then I can ensure that only the sand gets furnaced. That's a really hard feature to implement and so I won't insist on it.

What mod or combination of mods can replace RedPower for that? I know of two very different ways of doing it with RedPower. I'm not sure if the Slot 1 filtering is possible with one of the methods, but it might be.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
... Thanks. I really needed that reminder. That's exactly what I needed tonight.
-goes away to cry-

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Reactions: Nerixel
Status
Not open for further replies.