Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there is going to be a recommended version until RP gets updated which is likely going to be 1.6

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't heard that. All the indications that I've seen are that the next recommended pack will probably be for 1.6.
Isn't the current beta pack on 1.5.x? They wouldn't be making a beta pack, or at least publicising it, if they weren't hoping to be able to release it sometime.

Reactions: QueWhat

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Isn't the current beta pack on 1.5.x? They wouldn't be making a beta pack, or at least publicising it, if they weren't hoping to be able to release it sometime.
They're calling it "beta", even though a better description would be "interim". As I understand it, there shouldn't be a great difference between 1.5 and 1.6 and so it's worth doing a 1.5 pack as preparation for the 1.6 version. I think the odd-numbered minor versions of Minecraft tend to be a) major changes and b) short-lived with an even-numbered, longer-term, less drastically changed release following on shortly thereafter.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
They're calling it "beta", even though a better description would be "interim".
Your close. What's on now is actualy the beta of the interim pack. No connection to the forthcoming 1.6 pack. And is only to tied over all the complainers who won't shut up about 1.5.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Your close. What's on now is actualy the beta of the interim pack. No connection to the forthcoming 1.6 pack. And is only to tied over all the complainers who won't shut up about 1.5.
That is ridiculous. That means every pack that is going to be updated is an interim pack. I believe that the 1.5 pack will remain a beta, and there will a recommended pack in 1.6, as I have already said previously

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That is ridiculous. That means every pack that is going to be updated is an interim pack. I believe that the 1.5 pack will remain a beta, and there will a recommended pack in 1.6, as I have already said previously

It's a beta for a general FTB 1.5 pack not any specific pack. It can't be a beta for any tech pack because it dousen't have all the mods needed for those packs. And Betas exist to test things expected to be released. A beta would be pointless with such important peaces missing as redpower, xycraft, and reliquary. As once those are updated the beta testing would start all over agane.
So no, it's a intern for ultimate and probably any other pack that includes specific mods that haven't bin updated

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019

What knowledge do you have of this?
I haven't heard that. All the indications that I've seen are that the next recommended pack will probably be for 1.6.
What indications?

I would really love to know where everyone is getting this knowledge from.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The OP of this thread?

From a month ago. Before Eloraam even "came back" and the beta packs were released.
For right now we will be staying on 1.4.7 as our recommended builds. This is as things stand likely to continue on till probably the 1.6 update from Mojang. We will be releasing a 1.5.x pack, although this pack will be added as a Private pack so people will need to add a password to have the pack show up on the launcher.
That does not mean there won't be a recommended 1.5x build at all, it just means there won't be a "public" (for lack of better terms) pack with a recommended build.
Everything else and all of the timelines can go right out the window.

WolfLeader116

Jul 29, 2019
Hope this comes out soon! I'm really looking forward to playing ftb in 1.5!:)

The OP of this thread?
From a month ago. Before Eloraam even "came back" and the beta packs were released.
For right now we will be staying on 1.4.7 as our recommended builds. This is as things stand likely to continue on till probably the 1.6 update from Mojang. We will be releasing a 1.5.x pack, although this pack will be added as a Private pack so people will need to add a password to have the pack show up on the launcher.
That does not mean there won't be a recommended 1.5x build at all, it just means there won't be a "public" (for lack of better terms) pack with a recommended build.
Everything else and all of the timelines can go right out the window.

Is this even in the private packs yet?

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Everything thus far is speculation, unless such statements can be declared facts by providing links to viable sources, or such statements are made by FTB team members.

Viable sources for FTB facts: Comments/announcements made by authorized FTB team members within official media outlets (FTB forum/website/twitter, etc...).

Just saying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.