Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I would address that situation

My favorite RP2 feature was the alloy wire and the micro blocks since I used them to make furniture :(

Oh, and all the nice lamps. I made some nice lighting systems with the lamps.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite RP2 feature was the alloy wire and the micro blocks since I used them to make furniture :(

Oh, and all the nice lamps. I made some nice lighting systems with the lamps.
MFR has RedNet, XyCraft has lamps, and Immibis Microblocks has microblocks.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It will be though. Soaryn tweeted yesterday that he was back developing the mod, after his finals.

I likely story. I scoff at your foolish belief in the written word. hahaha :p

P.S. :p = joke.
Not making th mistake of not making that clear again. :D

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
(I hope this is the right thread for asking about FTB ultimate, and bug fixes in that pack)

What is the expected state of Mystcraft in the Ultimate pack moving forward? Did you identify whatever has been causing it trouble? Will it be removed?

Is "Grey Goo" going to be in any of the FTB packs in the future?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
What is the expected state of Mystcraft in the Ultimate pack moving forward? Did you identify whatever has been causing it trouble? Will it be removed?

I'm not aware of any problems with mystcraft that haven't bin caused by player error. What kind of problems are you talking about?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I highly doubt it. Grey goo is a really fun mod, but it is too destructive. An apocalypse pack would be a lot of fun, though.

Ahem yay I just managed to get my ultimate pack matter fabricator built. And it only took 3 weeks. Oh hello mister gray block how are you today. Hay wait don't eat that! Nooooooooooooooooo!

I would like to see it as a replacement for the decay system of Mystcraft worlds. Whahaha.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Tee hee. I'm actually looking to use seeded grey goo as an insstability mechanism with the aid of Custom Ore Generation.

Would require staying on 147 at least for worldgen ... (sadface)

I'm not aware of any problems with mystcraft that haven't bin caused by player error. What kind of problems are you talking about?

How about: Some mod in FTB Ultimate, unknown which one, prevents Mystcraft from reliably reading it's agedata information.

I'll ask Xcw or Veo to provide a better description.

Draco18s

Jul 29, 2019

What Keybounce said above and the easiest way to verify would be to start a new FTBU creative world, give yourself:
writing desk
book binder
ink vial
paper (64 sheets)
leather
(Mystcraft tab) notebook (the one named "creative spawned" in the tooltip)
And a second, empty, notebook

And place both the writing desk and book binder, then use the creative notebook on the left side of the writing desk gui (which will fill the middle area with pages), put ink in the top right slot, paper in the top middle, and the blank notebook in the center-most slot, then right-click on the following symbols:
Plains, Single Biome, Bright, Flat, Normal Sun, Normal Moon, Normal Stars

Take the notebook and leave the writing desk, open the book binder and left-click the notebook into the central gray bar (it should fill with pages) leather in the left slot, and then remove the descriptive book from the right slot.

Use the book (right click with it for a GUI, then click the black panel) and verify that the new age/dimension created is a single biomes flat plains with a single sun, moon, and star layer. Odds are, it won't be, because Mystcraft can't read it's age data files, thinks the book you used was blank and generated a random age.

Sacrimantius

Jul 29, 2019
What Keybounce said above and the easiest way to verify would be to start a new FTBU creative world, give yourself:
writing desk
book binder
ink vial
paper (64 sheets)
leather
(Mystcraft tab) notebook (the one named "creative spawned" in the tooltip)
And a second, empty, notebook

And place both the writing desk and book binder, then use the creative notebook on the left side of the writing desk gui (which will fill the middle area with pages), put ink in the top right slot, paper in the top middle, and the blank notebook in the center-most slot, then right-click on the following symbols:
Plains, Single Biome, Bright, Flat, Normal Sun, Normal Moon, Normal Stars

Take the notebook and leave the writing desk, open the book binder and left-click the notebook into the central gray bar (it should fill with pages) leather in the left slot, and then remove the descriptive book from the right slot.

Use the book (right click with it for a GUI, then click the black panel) and verify that the new age/dimension created is a single biomes flat plains with a single sun, moon, and star layer. Odds are, it won't be, because Mystcraft can't read it's age data files, thinks the book you used was blank and generated a random age.

Just to make it visible there is a "fix" for this http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-ages-in-single-player-only-workaround.14138/

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
so you say closed beta, who gets to use this?
The circulation of a closed beta is not usually disclosed, as the beta testers could get pestered by loads of people asking them to send them the pack. It will be the FTB team plus a small selection of people that they know have a track record of providing useful feedback on mod pack bugs.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
No servers yet :( Gotta build your own, and I'm terrible at it.

What? Really? Building the server is the easy part once you have a stable ssp pack... Maybe I'll stream some testing tonight, but I've been having issues with OBS and minecraft in full screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.