Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
uGRxjuA.png

Right... as opposed to the first page of this thread which lists clearly:

we hope to make these packs available to everyone either this monday (April 22) or the following Monday at the latest (April 29)

... not to mention that it was brought up several times in recent streams.

I'm also pretty sure release date is not the same thing as beta testing release if past experience is to go on.

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
Apparently "Reading English" proved not to be as easy as someone upthread dismissively implied! lol

Matterbound

Jul 29, 2019
My concern is with the dissemination of information. If that information is only available in a twitch stream then a lot of us aren't going to see it. Updating this forum and Twitter would be more appropriate imho.

I agree. This forum seems to be receive a LOT less information than is available to people who watch the streams.

ahwtx

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently "Reading English" proved not to be as easy as someone upthread dismissively implied! lol
that was my dismissive implication, and it's not at all my fault that slowpoke has been so damn, shall we say "wishy washy", with the dissemination of information.

he said it was coming. then he said it's not. ping. pong.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Would be easier to stick with the classic "when it's ready" but it's strangely amusing how it gets so many people's panties tied round their orbic dangles.

FTB is simply a provider of modPACKS and while they have direct communication with the modders, they are still bound to how the modders do their mods for the packs. A bit of info as simple as "we had an unexpected delay in one of the mods" or something like that is of course nice but far from required.

Remember, this is all for free and neither FTB crew nor modder works for any of us. :)

Reactions: Spitefulrain

minator

Jul 29, 2019
Remember, this is all for free and neither FTB crew nor modder works for any of us. :)

when I tell a friend that I will give him a ride tomorrow (for free) and I don't show up the next day, then this is just rude. Minimum courtesy would require that the guys around FTB keep their fans and followers informed about what is going on. FTB being free is not an excuse ...

Reactions: goreae and Kazekai

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
So it's not coming today? I was really excited about it adding Natura and Tinker's Construct last week. :(

Also what the guy above me said, I'd like to know when it's coming out at least so I can be excited about a half-accurate date. >_>

Matterbound

Jul 29, 2019
A much more appropriate things to say would be:

"We are hoping the 1.5 packs will be available late April - early May."

Putting a specific date on the release and then not following through is just rude and unprofessional. We still have a few hours left though, so lets see if we actually get the packs today.

SiliticX

Jul 29, 2019
i planed server resets for today with quite a few people joining, not looking forward to wasting all these people's night. oh well.

Reactions: Matterbound

Kegbeard

Jul 29, 2019
It's very interesting... they promote the fact that FTB 1.5.1 mod packs will launch today.. and then they only put on the bottom of slowpokes stream a note that there is no date for the launch of these updated mod packs. Now as a Server host who has told everyone we'd be starting a fresh new world today, I find myself wondering if I should just go back to Tekkit which states there new 1.5.1 pack will launch in 3 days 17hrs roughly. To me both offer the same mods, I dont care about the politics.. i just want to play. I've been happy with the FTB group until today.. I guess i have roughly 4 days to decide which pack i'll use in the future of my Server.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It's very interesting... they promote the fact that FTB 1.5.1 mod packs will launch today.. and then they only put on the bottom of slowpokes stream a note that there is no date for the launch of these updated mod packs. Now as a Server host who has told everyone we'd be starting a fresh new world today, I find myself wondering if I should just go back to Tekkit which states there new 1.5.1 pack will launch in 3 days 17hrs roughly. To me both offer the same mods, I dont care about the politics.. i just want to play. I've been happy with the FTB group until today.. I guess i have roughly 4 days to decide which pack i'll use in the future of my Server.

How is Tekkit's 1.5 pack supposed to launch with the same mods when most of those mods aren't publicly released and/or still in alpha? The answer would have to be that they gained assess to the development versions of the mods are are releasing them without the mod authors permission.

Reactions: Sh3it4n

Kegbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Basically they both offer the same core of tech mods, with some differences.. I just thinking the FTB group made a mistake by placing a date on release. and have not said anything about prolonging it another week to add mods to the list that are still in testing or anything. To just make note on a stream that there is no ETA and not an official post seems a bit weak and a ball drop. I really do prefer the FTB group over tekkit.. I have nothing personal against anyone.. but making a post to explain why the decision to wait would be good for the community and would shed some light on the subject.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It would be nice to actually receive news on the forums, where it's in text and I don't have to either watch hours of steam footage or try and catch a stream live. I would be able to read this news whenever it's convenient for me, and slow would only have to take a few minutes out of his day to write it. That's also why I like newspapers better than live news. If you miss something on the live news, without DVR, you miss it. In a newspaper, you can go at your own pace.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB team should've never mentioned a release date when it depends on the mod authors updating the mods. Xycraft, for instance, was supposed to have more features released when 1.5 came out. It's out and we get to see DW20 and the other authors play with them but they are not available. Seems to me the more people who beta your mod the better your chances of finding bugs.

I had a feeling the mod pack would not be released today, even in beta, because there hasn't been any movement on the mods updating per the spreadsheet FTB maintains. Oh well such is life.

I'm using MultiMC to manually add the updated mods myself. I'm using the config pack located here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...fig-pack-gregtech-easy-mode-other-modes.9536/. Then adding my usual suspect mods. When FTB updates I'll compare/contrast and decide what to do then.

In the meantime I think the community should just chill out. I agree FTB should have updated this thread instead of putting it at the bottom of Slow's stream. I can imagine the team isn't happy with missing this target. For the most part they have been fair and do a decent job of keeping the community updated. Some times deadlines slip and people may be embarrassed to say. Inn either case the FTB team isn't responsible or owe anyone an updated pack.

As for tekkit releasing an updated pack, great for them and their "customers" I'm sure I'l check it out and if it's better than what I put together I might use it for strictly personal use and to check out the new features. When FTB releases their 1.5 pack I'll use it to record my youtube series.

I hope you all have a good day.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Would be easier to stick with the classic "when it's ready" but it's strangely amusing how it gets so many people's panties tied round their orbic dangles.

FTB is simply a provider of modPACKS and while they have direct communication with the modders, they are still bound to how the modders do their mods for the packs. A bit of info as simple as "we had an unexpected delay in one of the mods" or something like that is of course nice but far from required.

However, when you want people to come to your site and use your modpack, you'd better inform the masses. It's rude, and unprofessional not to do so.

Letting us know that they are missing a deadline is not a kindness. It's required if you want people to remain loyal, donate and continue to use said service. FTB is not the only source of mod packs and launchers out there.

It doesn't matter if it's free, or a paid service. And me being annoyed at the lack of communication isn't me being a brat - it's me expecting people to honor their word. On the internet, what else do you have?

No one would have their "panties tied round their orbic dangles" with communication - it really is that simple. A post saying "hey, we're having some issues and need to push the release back" would go a long way to making people feel as if they MATTER.

I'm not angry or butthurt at the FTB team. I am very disappointed that once again, we are left completely out of the loop/hanging.

Status
Not open for further replies.