February News

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack News

We're making progress on Continuum and hoping to have an alpha on FTB One this month.

Launcher News

Curse is migrating their servers and web sites from one place to another and since most of our infrastructure is hosted by them, it's having a bit of an impact on us as well. The forum was down for a few hours on Friday while it moved and the system that supports the legacy launcher is being changed over soon. We had to make some changes to the launcher to support the new servers and the previous version, 1.4.15, won't work once the changeover happens. So if you're still using the legacy launcher, be sure to open it in the next few days so it updates. If you miss the move, you can just redownload the launcher from website front page.

Minefaire Los Angeles

FTB will be at Minefaire Los Angeles April 14th and 15th. We'll be running a tournament with a custom built modded challenge map.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of progress is being made Continuum? Can we have some details of what is done vs. what is still needs to be done?
The pack has been ripped apart and its slowly being put back together, similar how Infinity Evolved, expert mode was developed. With the changes in 1.12 Minecraft, the process for doing this takes a bit more time as the client has to be restarted after major changes and also we are focusing on more than just recipe changes. We hope to have a 'playable' alpha build in the upcoming weeks to get to the beta testers and FTBone server players. Once the pack has been tested and played through we will gear up for a public release, which at this time we are hoping March-ish but cannot guarantee due to the complexity of the pack. -tfox83

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Can we get a news update when people start streaming the FTB one so people can check it out. Might help hold people over if the can see some gameplay when that is allowed.

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
Any Chance to get in onto the FTB One and Cover Continuum for the German Folks on YT and Twitch?

K

Kuktar

This is the best news! my life has been so dull without an good expert pack.

Reactions: tfox83

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
This is the best news! my life has been so dull without an good expert pack.
Well if they do what they can do with the pack in 1.12 it will most likely show the other pack maker what can be do in 1.12 with minecraft modded and expert packs!

N

Nebios

I don`t understand. The Launcher not started for 3 days. I have the complete days, searched after a solution. I forced to use Twitch for launch FTB? I have installed Twitch and registred, but i can not Launch FTB. I have no Idea for a solution. Please help! (Sorry for the bad English)

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I don`t understand. The Launcher not started for 3 days. I have the complete days, searched after a solution. I forced to use Twitch for launch FTB? I have installed Twitch and registred, but i can not Launch FTB. I have no Idea for a solution. Please help! (Sorry for the bad English)

Update your launcher

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
How do I do that? The old Launcher is death.
As posted in the news update. If the launcher isn't working you have to redownload and install a fresh install from the main page. There is a link under the launcher link on the main page for ftb.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
They just moved both the forums and the launcher to new servers, as noted in the "Incoming Downtime" Thread posted Jan. 31.

As a worst case guess, you may have to go to the Twitch site using your web browser and re-download the launcher to get the proper links reset.

I just reread your post to be sure I answered the correct question and realized you only just installed the Twitch launcher. What did you use before?

Also, please note that to set up your access properly, your Twitch account needs to be configured separately from your Mojang account... In other words you log in with the Twitch ID/Password, and the launcher uses the Mojang ID/Password to verify that you have a licensed copy of Minecraft before it will start running the selected pack.

Make sure the Mojang account info is properly configured.

N

Nebios

The Registration no longer accepted. I cann not start FTB by "Invalid Username/Passwort". Same Passwort and Username like the last year.

N

Nebios

After 2 hours the Registration is suddenly sucessful (with the same Username/Passwort). Twitch are not needed and immediately deinstalled.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
After 2 hours the Registration is suddenly sucessful (with the same Username/Passwort). Twitch are not needed and immediately deinstalled.
Sometimes the mojang authentic servers go down. Most of the times only stays down for a hour or so.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
K

Kuktar

any news on the expert pack continuum. its MARCHISH wich is what yall said!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
any news on the expert pack continuum. its MARCHISH wich is what yall said!

Things like this is why FtB NEVER releases any ETAs... The impatient are always there beating on the doors when the First comes around.

To me, "Marchish" implies "maybe March, Most likely April but a slim possibility of slipping into May."

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame