Favorite Biome?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else have a favorite biome? A biome they ALWAYS look for? A biome they usually ALWAYS live in, or ALWAYS use in some way?

I absolutely love the Meadow biomes added by XBXL. I typically try to be near Birch Forests, I love birch trees, and the ground is usually pretty flat. Redwood biomes are good to be near early game when your power source is just a generator.

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
Aesthetically, I like the mountain ridge biomes added by XBXL because they remind me of the four corners states. However, I rarely build my bases in them because the hot and arid climate makes bee breeding a a pain.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Me, I like anything with hills, caves and water. Extreme Hill/ Extreme Jungle near an ocean. And the Biomes O' Plenty crag biome, is just amazing.

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
I personally love the Savannah biome from XBXL. Nice and flat with tons of cows to be slaughtered. I know most people despise the brownish green grass, but I kinda like it, It reminds me of some of the landscape here in Colorado.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
I personally love the Savannah biome from XBXL. Nice and flat with tons of cows to be slaughtered. I know most people despise the brownish green grass, but I kinda like it, It reminds me of some of the landscape here in Colorado.
It must be the altitude getting to you:D

(please note I lived in southwestern Wyoming for 5 years before leaving for *GREENER* pastures.)

Reactions: Anubis

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Birch forests all the way. They're nice and flat and I just love the texture of birch logs and planks.

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
It wouldn't bother me if the damn snow would start BEFORE January. Either way I just go hibernate in front of my computer & space heater XD

On topic: I've only ever used XBXL, what are some of the cool biomes everyone likes in BoP?

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
With vanilla generation, extreme hills. With BoP, I love the birch forest (but I try to find one butting up to extreme hills)

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
In BOP, Crag biomes, Ominous woods, Canyon, Cherry Blossom Forest (kinda girly, but still cool), Fungi Forest, and Promised Land (although, technically, it's another dimension.)

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Autumn woods and Mountain ridge. Made a Mountain Ridge Mystcraft age and it feels like being on Mars. Decided to build a space station style base there. Just have to keep alot of my bees in my original world.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
newcave1.jpg

whatever biome this is, it's my favourite. I have never seen anything in minecraft so amazing!

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
newcave1.jpg

whatever biome this is, it's my favourite. I have never seen anything in minecraft so amazing!
...Where did you find this? On the server? I would have thought you would have told us of something so kick-ass!

In my current caving base, I like the Alps since you can build very high without the worry of pesky void fog.

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
Flying Mountains from Highlands; as a second place any of the horrible dead areas in BOP. I am a man of opposites I guess.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Lol Lambert, you really did like that one didnt you.

Glad its being spread more by people. The more people get involved in Terrain Gen the better biomes we will all end up with.

If I had to choose one biome it would look something like this one, maybe a few less layers, more high peaks and some underground caverns. We need 1024 world height!
ForestCaveFallsAndLake.jpg